| GAME THREAD šŸˆ LSU versus Alabama: 7 ET, on ESPN

This team will get their ass kicked by Georgia. Maybe by Auburn. Maybe by Arkansas. Although the defense was suspect, the offensive line did not get the job done tonight. Twenty points against a bunch of defensive backups is pitiful.

I'll take this win. I knew LSU would fight. Sometimes you need a win like this just to get to the next one. Pretty sure we'd all have accepted this at Texas A&M too. Not happy with what we put on the field or the box score, but will take the W. Will Anderson played one hell of a game and Dallas Turner came up big late. Sometimes you just gotta take the ugly win ladies and gents.

One thing for sure. Alabama football from 2020 to 2021 has taken a steep, steep decline. With the exception of Will Anderson and just a couple of other players this team is a total embarrassment to the tradition and standards of excellence.

We are so used to Saban reloading with players and coaches but apparently it has caught up with him this year. I know I am saying this with the knowledge that we are 8-1 but that is not the only measure.

I'm happy we won but disappointed in the way we played. To me, this team is undisciplined and looks poorly coached in several units and positions.
Also this team looks to be poorly coordinated in all three phases, offense, defense and special teams. JMO

I donā€™t even think Saban will be able to spin this one in a beneficial way.

Publicly, he's going to continue being positive about them and avoid getting down on them. He did it after the Vol game and he did it again tonight. He's aware of the issues, but he's being really careful in how he addresses them, especially to/through the media. The biggest reason for that is, this team just isn't mentally tough as a whole. I think he's trying to build up their confidence because he knows they are going to have to have it for any sort of postseason chance. Most any other season, the tone of some of these press conferences would have totally different (i.e. fireball spitting Saban).

Not sure this is all on Marone. Itā€™s not possible to block all defenders at the LOS when you are outnumbered. The only chance the corndogs had to stop the offense was to gamble every play which they basically did. Short passing game was the go to here. The 2 equalizers, #19 and 81 have all but disappeared. The tone was set early with the Latu drop.

Back
Top Bottom