| FTBL lets start a poll

what I want to know is if people thinks Shula would win 8-10 games and us as Alabama nation is happy with people thinking that Saban will when 8-10 games are we really going to be happy with that. so its got to be a way to measure wait we think of the program where it is now are we really happy with what Shula left it at

With Saban
Sat, Sep 01 Western Carolina Tuscaloosa TBA W

Sat, Sep 08 Vanderbilt* at Nashville, Tenn. W TBA

Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas* Tuscaloosa TBA W

Sat, Sep 22 Georgia* Tuscaloosa TBA W

Sat, Sep 29 Florida State at Jacksonville, WFla. TBA W

Sat, Oct 06 Houston (Homecoming) Tuscaloosa W TBA

Sat, Oct 13 Ole Miss* at Oxford, Miss. TBA W

Sat, Oct 20 Tennessee* Tuscaloosa TBA W

Sat, Nov 03 LSU* Tuscaloosa TBA W

Sat, Nov 10 Mississippi State* at W

Sat, Nov 17 Louisiana-Monroe Tuscaloosa TBA W

Sat, Nov 24 Auburn* at Auburn, Ala. W

With Shula
Sat, Sep 01 Western Carolina Tuscaloosa TBA W(barely)

Sat, Sep 08 Vanderbilt* at Nashville, Tenn. W (barely) TBA

Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas* Tuscaloosa TBA L

Sat, Sep 22 Georgia* Tuscaloosa TBA L

Sat, Sep 29 Florida State at L

Sat, Oct 06 Houston (Homecoming) Tuscaloosa W (last second field Goal) TBA

Sat, Oct 13 Ole Miss* at Oxford, Miss. TBA L

Sat, Oct 20 Tennessee* Tuscaloosa TBA L

Sat, Nov 03 LSU* Tuscaloosa TBA L

Sat, Nov 10 Mississippi State* L

Sat, Nov 17 Louisiana-Monroe Tuscaloosa W TBA

Sat, Nov 24 Auburn* at Auburn, Ala. L

Saban 12-0 and Shula 4-8!

Personally, the W-L record this year isn't going to mean that much to me.
What I'll be looking at is:

1: Does the team play hard for 4 quarters?

2: Does the team improve as the season goes along?

3: Are foolish penalties reduced?

4: Is there any imagination on offense? (note: this does not mean I want to see a triple reverse or the like in every game. Just something besides running play off tackle in a 3rd and 3 situation every time. Or plays to get speedy guys like Grant the ball on the corners.

5: Will we see a team that is in good physical condition? Will our OL and DL have the strength/technic to push their opponent around instead of being the one pushed?

None of these things were seen in the previous 4 years.

I agree with you bama bo but if we can do these things don't you think we have a better chance in beating tenn, aub, ark, miss st which anybody but a Shula led team should beat,

Sure, there's a better chance. But it's not a given. Especially when you consider the lack of depth on the defense's front 7.

Bama Bo said:
Personally, the W-L record this year isn't going to mean that much to me.
What I'll be looking at is:

1: Does the team play hard for 4 quarters?

2: Does the team improve as the season goes along?

3: Are foolish penalties reduced?

4: Is there any imagination on offense? (note: this does not mean I want to see a triple reverse or the like in every game. Just something besides running play off tackle in a 3rd and 3 situation every time. Or plays to get speedy guys like Grant the ball on the corners.

5: Will we see a team that is in good physical condition? Will our OL and DL have the strength/technic to push their opponent around instead of being the one pushed?

None of these things were seen in the previous 4 years.

That's what I want to see. A well coached,conditioned and physical team. If Coach Saban can get these things done we will be competetive in every game we play. Thats good enough for me in his first year.

All I know is, no matter who the coach is, I will never have to hear Darby up the middle over and over and over again. This killed us in loss of yards and downs. Just knowing that it is not possible this year is reason to celebrate!!!

I agree bama about darby I'm just tring to get some fun going on Saban because we all know as Alabama fans we want to win every game but if we give him a chance in 4 or 5 years we want be hear the excuss we heard from Shula because we will be back on top and i myself think 10 wins is real posibly this year plus a trip to sec championship game because besides for lsu and auburn it should be a week divison

rooster03 said:
we got practially he same players on the front - a player or 2

Front seven gone from last year:
Dominic Lee
Chris Harris
Jeremy Clark
Juwan Simpson
Terrence Jones

That's 3 off of the DL and 2 starting LB's. IMO that's not practically the same players on the front.
Also add into the equation that new schemes must be learned on offense and defense. And Saban'a schemes are not simple. It will take a while before his full defensive plan is installed.

I do expect to win more games this year than last. I just don't think it is relevant talking about how many games Shuls would have won vs how many we think Saban will win. It is fully relevant to discuss how many we think Saban will win.

rooster03 said:
I agree bama about darby I'm just tring to get some fun going on Saban because we all know as Alabama fans we want to win every game but if we give him a chance in 4 or 5 years we want be hear the excuss we heard from Shula because we will be back on top and i myself think 10 wins is real posibly this year plus a trip to sec championship game because besides for lsu and auburn it should be a week divison

Is this some sort of ploy? I smell something a little fishy myself.

416600_ab1bcdee3c_m.jpg

no poly just that if you watched Alabama last year we may have been listed as a 4-3 def but we played a 3-4 most of the time but with only 3 linebackers and no blizte from the linebackers only from the sec.

Back
Top Bottom