| FTBL I don't put a lot of trust in PFF stats. That said, here's their rankings for top offensive lines in CFB this season.

But i don't dream this stuff.
The response was more about the context than the number.

You mentioned continuity when attrition is where I'm looking. There are probably 30 Sr's on the 2023 roster. If you add the portal guys we may be at 50.

BUT.

Who?

We are living in an age where a walk-on can enter the portal and people point to numbers. In my opinion this is a lot like recruiting rankings right now. There's little faith you can put in reports or rankings.

In August, we can look at a roster and say, "okay, this is what they have."

We don’t even make the top-5 in Cubelic’s top SEC OLs. I like Cole and always have respected his commentary, which made this a bummer for me. And to hear DeBoer talk about most improved position groups since his arrival, he says the OL. 🤷
56D59B4C-874D-432B-BC52-8FB73FEB4DB8.jpeg

Seems like we heard about how great the oline would be last year too............it stunk for most of the season. I dont really put a ton of stock into these. Seemed like Milroe ran for his life in the first five or six games last year.
At the beginning of fall camp in '23 Saban pointed to the offensive line and mentioned how pleased he was with their progress. After that, we didn't hear or talk much about the position group.

All the attention was focused on three QB's and the WR room.

I always revert back to 2000 and the "Demise of Dubose" season. I remember getting hyped for the upcoming season and the O-line that year had deemed themselves as the Pancake Posse.

After that season, I put little into preseason hype, especially as it refers to O-line.

Freddie milons was the single biggest letdown for me that year. Talk about going from a hero.

Back
Top Bottom