| FTBL "Let's murky the recruiting waters to hurt..."

TerryP

Staff
Yes, that is a quote.

I've mentioned (or alluded to) a concerted effort this recruiting season by a school's fan base to do what they could to "murky the recruiting waters to damage Alabama's recruiting." It wasn't something I made up, a thread I found on a message forum, but an email forwarded to me from a friend of mine. Yes, he's a friend and a Auburn fan.

We've seen evidence of it this year with threads never dying on message forums about this Saban to West Virginia. There have been threads on various message forums, from Auburn fans, stating Julio has been seen wearing a Rolex with a Crimson A on the face. Just a few weeks ago when word got out that Harris hadn't been returning phone calls from Auburn and ignoring text messages that suddenly there was something amiss in Gadsden.

Now, I could go on and list a few more instances but it would just be the same theme. Sadly, this was started by a guy on one of the pay sites for Auburn. It's not really anything new from this certain individual. I've seen so many black helicopter threads over the last few years it's passed the stage of being humorous and grown to be just ridiculous.

HOWEVER, I think this next quote may be the funniest thing I have ever seen on one of their forums. Some might want to characterize this as obsession, others desperation. Delusional perhaps?

I think it's better described as sad. Just plain and simply sad.

BOUNTY!!! Fellow Tigers, I have just been fortunate enough to get a descent settlement from Workman's Comp (well, until the lawyer takes his cut ).

Therefore, I'm willing to make a challenge and put my money where my mouth is. I will pay a $5,000 bounty to anyone who can produce hard evidence regarding the University of Alabama, or their supporters, buying/paying players. The key is that it must be sufficient to cause the NCAA and the media to react very negatively toward SPUAT. I am also challenging other Tigers to pledge additional funds to raise that amount significantly. WDE!!!

Lest you think this is just made up, Here's the link

I would hope that the owner of this site would realize this is absolutely an embarrassment to his University and pull the thread. So, just in case he does come to his senses I've attached a document to this thread which is a print screen I saved.

TerryP said:
Yes, that is a quote.

I've mentioned (or alluded to) a concerted effort this recruiting season by a school's fan base to do what they could to "murky the recruiting waters to damage Alabama's recruiting." It wasn't something I made up, a thread I found on a message forum, but an email forwarded to me from a friend of mine. Yes, he's a friend and a Auburn fan.

We've seen evidence of it this year with threads never dying on message forums about this Saban to West Virginia. There have been threads on various message forums, from Auburn fans, stating Julio has been seen wearing a Rolex with a Crimson A on the face. Just a few weeks ago when word got out that Harris hadn't been returning phone calls from Auburn and ignoring text messages that suddenly there was something amiss in Gadsden.

Now, I could go on and list a few more instances but it would just be the same theme. Sadly, this was started by a guy on one of the pay sites for Auburn. It's not really anything new from this certain individual. I've seen so many black helicopter threads over the last few years it's passed the stage of being humorous and grown to be just ridiculous.

HOWEVER, I think this next quote may be the funniest thing I have ever seen on one of their forums. Some might want to characterize this as obsession, others desperation. Delusional perhaps?

I think it's better described as sad. Just plain and simply sad.

BOUNTY!!! Fellow Tigers, I have just been fortunate enough to get a descent settlement from Workman's Comp (well, until the lawyer takes his cut ).

Therefore, I'm willing to make a challenge and put my money where my mouth is. I will pay a $5,000 bounty to anyone who can produce hard evidence regarding the University of Alabama, or their supporters, buying/paying players. The key is that it must be sufficient to cause the NCAA and the media to react very negatively toward SPUAT. I am also challenging other Tigers to pledge additional funds to raise that amount significantly. WDE!!!

Lest you think this is just made up, Here's the link

I would hope that the owner of this site would realize this is absolutely an embarrassment to his University and pull the thread. So, just in case he does come to his senses I've attached a document to this thread which is a print screen I saved.

ROFL that is great! So funny! Outstanding! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unbelievable! Then again coming from Auburn...believable.

Most of you know my story about my other half being the big aubie. Well, I've held my tongue on recruiting and the like. I've almost laughed out loud while the hubby and his dad have praised the quality of recruits being signed.

I've really held back as I've listened to talk of Julio being interested once Franklin was hired. Yeah, that went real far. I've also been reminded that Auburn doesn't succeed on state talent alone so our "owning" of the state is not a concern now. Uh-huh, good one again.

Anyway, the other day did it for me. I was informed that Julio would indeed sign with Alabama because of the shiny new Escalade he was now driving. :roll: I assume this info came from an e-mail which probably came from a message board. Too much, just too much.

I told him that I think we will have to separate on Wednesday. :shock:

You know, I know I pay too much attention to football and love it too much. I know I do. At the same time I don't let it totally consume me and certainly don't let it dictate my life. I hate Auburn more than most, but I don't have the time or energy to try to shut down a rival. Just sad.

That's incredible! I'm kind of in a state of shock reading that. That's just insane. Like you said Terry, hopefully the admin there understands what is happening there.

Seems the other members aren't bothered by the notion either.Sad,pathetic,obsessed,delusional,aren't strong enough words for that behavior.
Unbelievable man
I wonder if there is a way to drag this dude throught the mud and embarass the hell outta him?

kudzu said:
I wonder if there is a way to drag this dude throught the mud and embarass the hell outta him?

They guy just offered $5000 of his workman's comp settlement to anyone that can dig up dirt on a college football rival. The only way this could possibly get any more embarrassing is if his wife finds out about the "bounty", gets pissed off and sleeps with his brother, and decides to tell him about it on the Jerry Springer show.

As the morning goes on, it keeps getting better.

I have a friend who is a cop in Knoxville and he tells me...
that there are cops who are paid by "some Alabama booster" to make arrests of Tennessee football players. I asked him for more details and he said that was all he was willing to say. He did not know how many cops were involved, but did say "the cop who arrested AP is one of them". I know this is second hand info. This is just what I was told. For all I know, he could be blowing smoke up my butt, but he is a good friend and I don't think he would lie to me...

And yes, that is also an actual thread

TerryP said:
As the morning goes on, it keeps getting better.

I have a friend who is a cop in Knoxville and he tells me...
that there are cops who are paid by "some Alabama booster" to make arrests of Tennessee football players. I asked him for more details and he said that was all he was willing to say. He did not know how many cops were involved, but did say "the cop who arrested AP is one of them". I know this is second hand info. This is just what I was told. For all I know, he could be blowing smoke up my butt, but he is a good friend and I don't think he would lie to me...

And yes, that is also an actual thread

It's amazing what a top ranked recruiting class can do for a school isn't it?

I find it hard to believe that we can pay cops to arrest other teams players, but we can't pay our own T-Town cops to stop arresting our players! :shock:

Here's the link

I think this should be reported to UA officials. Looks like a good case for slander charges. Maybe he will get to donate to Alabama for posting something like that. :D Just a thought.....that would be funny and ironic.

I don't know if anyone else recalls but in the 70's (pre-internet),this kind of dialogue came from the Barn routinely.

I'm not surprised at all. Don't be dismayed if this gets worse though.

Kc Bleeds Crimson said:

Here's the link

I think this should be reported to UA officials. Looks like a good case for slander charges. Maybe he will get to donate to Alabama for posting something like that. :D Just a thought.....that would be funny and ironic.

I hope no one does this yet...let it make its way through the web for a while. If it does get deleted, the page has been saved...it's there, for eternity.

Back
Top Bottom