| FTBL Latest on Prothro?

Bishop said:
he's done

When did you hear that?

The reason I ask is that he has been working out hard to come back. When did you hear a definite DONE?

He may well be done...a comeback was probably a long shot anyway, but as recently as a month ago he was still planning on being back this fall.
Thanks

Big_Fan said:
Bishop said:
he's done

When did you hear that?

The reason I ask is that he has been working out hard to come back. When did you hear a definite DONE?

He may well be done...a comeback was probably a long shot anyway, but as recently as a month ago he was still planning on being back this fall.
Thanks

he didnt hear that, man. there hasnt been any official word on Prothro, but like u said its a very, VERY long shot that he'll ever get to play again.

Big_Fan said:
Bishop said:
he's done

When did you hear that?

Thanks

Thats what my opinion is. I think if CNS thought he had any chance of playing again, he wouldn't have pulled his scholarship

Bishop said:
Big_Fan said:
Bishop said:
he's done

When did you hear that?

Thanks

Thats what my opinion is. I think if CNS thought he had any chance of playing again, he wouldn't have pulled his scholarship

Yea, but think about how crazy BDS would get with #4 running on the field. Man, I would probably need medical attention just from the shock.lol

rollie36477 said:
there will be a #4 running on the field....i believe Maze wears #4....but i wish Pro could come back

That's how he's listed on the roster.

As to Prothro...

He's still wearing a brace and you can tell he has a limp when he's involved in athletic activities. What's important to keep in mind is with Pro it wasn't a blazing speed that set him apart it was his ability to cut on a dime. It's that ability that he'll never get back with this injury.

His prognosis (as in chance for his return) has been very slight since his surgery. Someone stating their opinion is he's done is a pretty solid opinion. I share it.

Birdman37 said:
Big_Fan said:
Bishop said:
he's done

When did you hear that?

Thanks

he didnt hear that, man. there hasnt been any official word on Prothro, but like u said its a very, VERY long shot that he'll ever get to play again.
I thought they said he was done for good last year?

whistler said:
Birdman37 said:
Big_Fan said:
Bishop said:
he's done

When did you hear that?

Thanks

Who is "they?" Just curious.

Fact is his Dr. (that did the surgery) said he was done in December of '06 right after his first surgery. Well, he didn't use the term done, but put his chances of coming back along the lines of 1 in 5. (@20-25%)

TerryP said:
whistler said:
Birdman37 said:
Big_Fan said:
Bishop said:
he's done

When did you hear that?

Thanks

Who is "they?" Just curious.

Fact is his Dr. (that did the surgery) said he was done in December of '06 right after his first surgery. Well, he didn't use the term done, but put his chances of coming back along the lines of 1 in 5. (@20-25%)

His surgery was in December 06? I thought it was 05.

I realize that the young man will likely never field the gridiron again. He had unreal talent. Just a baller, as they call it.

I saw the injury, and it was devastating. Damn near broke his lower leg off. Seems like a freak injury, especially with there being no contact to that area on the play it happened. Not saying that some contact didn't happen earlier in the game. My medical question is will that bone ever heal 100%? Was there enough nerve, muscular, and tendon damage done during the injury to completely rule out athletic competition forever? If I recall, Wes Britt broke his leg pretty badly too, and he came back to play.

When I was a sophmore in high school I came down on my ankle almost like Pro and I shattered everything in my ankle and I still walk with a limp at times and athletics has been almost out of the question since I did it. And the doctor that did my surgery said it probally will not heal all the way. At least Pro can walk. Sucks that he can't play football, but at least he can walk.

RTR
Cory

ExiledTidefan said:
I realize that the young man will likely never field the gridiron again. He had unreal talent. Just a baller, as they call it.

I saw the injury, and it was devastating. Damn near broke his lower leg off. Seems like a freak injury, especially with there being no contact to that area on the play it happened. Not saying that some contact didn't happen earlier in the game. My medical question is will that bone ever heal 100%? Was there enough nerve, muscular, and tendon damage done during the injury to completely rule out athletic competition forever? If I recall, Wes Britt broke his leg pretty badly too, and he came back to play.
Britts injury was a bad one to be sure, but I think that everyone knew Pro's was much worse from the get-go. I've never seen anything like that before. All of that said, if Pro puts as much into his life form here on as he did on the field, he'll live one helluva happy, full life.

Back
Top Bottom