| FTBL Coach DeBoer's introductory press conference. (UPDATE: Media Q&A added.)

That is the plan as of now.
I’ve got a group of about 10-12 that plan on making the trip as of right now. Only right to show the new coach our support. Even though I’m the only alumnus in the bunch, this bunch has bled Crimson and White dating back to when my late uncle, their oldest brother, was offered a basketball scholarship to BAMA back in the late 50’s.

I’ll plan on it with my fam. At this moment, don’t know who all will want to come. Let us know if you need dough.

When we get an idea on numbers and needs we will probably throw up a paypal or venmo link to help cover some costs. The way we've done it in the past, people are welcome to bring whatever they want, but we try to cover the food and all non-alcoholic drinks for everyone.... so it's basically just BYOB if you choose. But covering all that other stuff adds up so more than likely we would set something up to accept voluntary donations.

When we get an idea on numbers and needs we will probably throw up a paypal or venmo link to help cover some costs. The way we've done it in the past, people are welcome to bring whatever they want, but we try to cover the food and all non-alcoholic drinks for everyone.... so it's basically just BYOB if you choose. But covering all that other stuff adds up so more than likely we would set something up to accept voluntary donations.
Keep in touch with me, I might be able to throw some stuff in a cooler and bring it down. I buy most of my meat from the local farmers up here so it's extremely tasty. We're about to grab a full cow and 3 full hogs end of this month.

I won’t be able to make it down for A-Day, but I’ll contribute monetarily whenever the PayPal/Venmo is set up

I wonder the significance of #28 on the jersey? Was that Deboer's number when he played?

My hope is that the the number for championships we will have when he retires at 72 years old. He is 49, that is 6 years younger than Saban when he came to Bama. I think the biggest issue with Deboer would be scratching the NFL itch.

This hire feels a lot like the Urban Meyer from Utah to Florida hire. Meyer left Utah in great shape (the only job he left that way), but I think that is more an attribute to Kyle Whittingham. Either way. We landed the hottest up and coming coach at the best possible time. Each year it is a chess match with teams trying to find the next good one. It sucks to lose the Goat, but I really feel this is good timing and we have a really good one to take over.

I wonder the significance of #28 on the jersey? Was that Deboer's number when he played?

My hope is that the the number for championships we will have when he retires at 72 years old. He is 49, that is 6 years younger than Saban when he came to Bama. I think the biggest issue with Deboer would be scratching the NFL itch.

This hire feels a lot like the Urban Meyer from Utah to Florida hire. Meyer left Utah in great shape (the only job he left that way), but I think that is more an attribute to Kyle Whittingham. Either way. We landed the hottest up and coming coach at the best possible time. Each year it is a chess match with teams trying to find the next good one. It sucks to lose the Goat, but I really feel this is good timing and we have a really good one to take over.

UA's 28th head coach...

Back
Top Bottom