| OT Latest on Aaron Hernandez

His lawyers are going to try to get his convictions thrown out now. According to them there is legal precedent that someone who dies before all their appeals are complete has their conviction thrown out. Starting to wonder if his suicide was not to try to ensure his daughter got any money he had left.

His lawyers are going to try to get his convictions thrown out now. According to them there is legal precedent that someone who dies before all their appeals are complete has their conviction thrown out. Starting to wonder if his suicide was not to try to ensure his daughter got any money he had left.

I tried to edit a post earlier, but I waited to long in doing so. The only hope or care I have in this whole thing is that he did not spend all of his money on lawyers and is able to leave his daughter with something to grow up on, that's the only thing I remotely care about here. His death doesn't bother me at all and I'm happy we're rid of him, but his daughter's future will hopefully have the financial stability she will need to contribute to society.

No feelings of sadness coming from this guy! It is a shame for someone young to die but if you want to live "that life", you will often die by it. Only sadness that should be expressed is to all of the families of those that he affected with his actions because they "disrespected him, or spilled his drink, questioned his street cred, or let some dark secret out."

Mike Farrell, head of Rivals writes a great piece on story of Hernandez.

Rivals.com - The Aaron Hernandez I once knew leaves me with pure sadness

Here are two articles that just seem off to me. I get the impression they are trying to "romanticize" the story of Hernandez' life. We're just a few weeks removed from Dan Wetzel describing Hernadez's behavior in court as combustible. He's clearly hinting that Hernadez and Bradley were about to fight to the death ... tension so palatable there were six court officers that had to maintain distance between the two.

Now, Wetzel's talking about how open and friendly he was at the same trial? We have Farrell talking about Aaron as a recruit when it was pretty common knowledge there were "street/gang" activities in those teenage years?

Perhaps I'm just a bit too callous when choosing to remember people for who they are, not who they led people to believe they were.

Here are two articles that just seem off to me. I get the impression they are trying to "romanticize" the story of Hernandez' life. We're just a few weeks removed from Dan Wetzel describing Hernadez's behavior in court as combustible. He's clearly hinting that Hernadez and Bradley were about to fight to the death ... tension so palatable there were six court officers that had to maintain distance between the two.

Now, Wetzel's talking about how open and friendly he was at the same trial? We have Farrell talking about Aaron as a recruit when it was pretty common knowledge there were "street/gang" activities in those teenage years?

Perhaps I'm just a bit too callous when choosing to remember people for who they are, not who they led people to believe they were.

I didn't read Wetzel's article that way, certainly read Farrell's that way.

I'm still amazed at all of this and fully expect that his lawyers get the conviction dropped, it just seems fitting that yet another "wow" moment will happen in the Aaron Hernandez story...

I'm still amazed at all of this and fully expect that his lawyers get the conviction dropped, it just seems fitting that yet another "wow" moment will happen in the Aaron Hernandez story...

I've seen it suggested that's it's part of the law ... if a person is convicted, files an appeal, and dies during that process the convictions are overturned. I have no clue if that is true or false. At quick glance, it makes sense.

Here's an article about the conviction being overturned now.

After Aaron Hernandez suicide, murder conviction in Odin Lloyd death legally considered 'as if it never occurred'

Under a legal doctrine in use in Massachusetts called abatement ab initio, if someone dies after a conviction but before the completion of their appeal, the person's legal records in that matter are wiped clean.

"It will be as if it never occurred," said Martin W. Healy, chief legal counsel for the Massachusetts Bar Association. "The indictment, the complaint, the trial, all of that, in the eyes of the law it is considered null and void."

The New England Patriots’ visit to the White on Wednesday will continue as scheduled, but one ESPN anchor was bothered by it in wake of former player Aaron Hernandez’s death.

ESPN’s Bob Ley was stunned that the Patriots were pushing ahead with their meeting with President Trump. The veteran anchor ripped the team on “SportsCenter.”

“I am stunned — stunned — that they’re going to go ahead with the ceremony today,” Ley said. “And I understand the focus of football very well, I think, as a civilian, and the pride the Patriots rightfully take in what they’ve achieved with this championship.

“There are two major stories today, unless, God forbid, something else tragic happens on the national scene. They are the Hernandez death of apparent suicide and the Patriots’ visit to the White House. And in light of everything we’ve talked about, they will forever be linked.”

Ley, 62, is the longest-tenured employee at ESPN, having joined the network three days after its inception in 1979.

Hernandez, 27, was found hanging in his prison cell by Massachusetts prison officials early Wednesday morning. The former Patriots tight end recently had been acquitted of two slayings but was serving a life sentence for a murder conviction.

ESPN's Bob Ley rips Patriots for planned White House visit after Aaron Hernandez suicide

No, you're exactly right here. It's sickening to me that the media is taking this to a level of remembrance of him. Farrell pisses me off, because he wants to look at the good and come across as the good guy when he has written articles about how disgusting his actions were, the families he ruined yadda yadda, but now he wants to soak up some views and click bait by seeming compassionate to Hernandez. I think it was a shitty article that he wrote and not a good read because I knew every word of it was BS. I'm with you on my thoughts of killers and mean people, let them be gone and never remembered.

Back
Top Bottom