| FTBL Kane Wommack

BAMA ran into the perfect storm. The huge win in Bryant Denny , then play a bottom dwelling Vandy but this isn’t the average vandy. This is the very best version I have ever seen at vandy. Decent defense and an offense that no one in the SEC plays. We overlooked vandy and they played inspired and almost flawless. We shot ourselves in the foot with penalties. Not sure if we had the looks in practice we needed to prepare for this offense. You can talk about being gap sound but need the practice squad to be able to translate their scheme on the field and the gets multiple reps. Not sure we have recruited many option QB’s. But again ,Vandy executed for 60 and deserved the win.

Congrats to Vandy. But as long as we take care of business the rest of the way. We make the SEC championship with a chance for the bye and home field for a couple games. And at the end the worst thing about yesterday will be that we lost the head to head tiebreaker to Vandy. As embarrassing is that is.

Gonna need some of you to take a step back from the ledge. It was a night where Bama was outplayed, outcoached, and didn’t get any breaks from turnovers or penalties. We shot iurselves in the foot repeatedly and it came back to bite us because Vandy and their QB and coaches performed flawlessly. The schematic for beating us has always been flawless QB play who can run and throw with 0 turnovers while creating multiple turnovers. I mean take the 2 turnovers off the board and we win take the penalties for 1st downs away and we win take the review for the dropped pass away and we likely win. There was also a few spots where Vandy got 1-2 yards on bad spots that put them in manageable situations.

We definitely have a lot to work on, the Georgia game and this game showed we have flaws but going undefeated was very unlikely this season I expected 2 losses this year but after Tennessee game I’m thinking we could get to the end of the year with 1. Sucks that the loss so far is to Vandy but we will bounce back and the coaching staff won’t face a triple option offense like that again this year

Coach Bryant lost to them in 1982.
Coach Stallings lost to them in 1990, that was with Favre. Story of Favre winning that game remains an all-timer. He'd had a major abdominal surgery from the aftereffects of a car accident, willed that team to win.
Coach Dubose got throttled by them in 2000, 21-0 at Legion Field. I was at that game. We were down early due to turnovers, and then the rest of the game was just watching offensive sluggishness.
I was at the 21-0 defeat. Unbelievable.

I don’t like blocking people, but I’ve blocked a couple. Some people never bring anything (and I mean never) meaningful to the conversation. So I put them on ignore.
I just appreciate being able to absorb from you guys that do know what's happening and hopefully that is making me a better fan and participant on this site. Thank you all. BTW, in case I am on that list, someone let him know, because he wouldn't be able to read this;), it's ok, I understand.

ROLL TIDE!

If you look at CKD his first year at a program are okay… It’s the 2nd year that drastic improvements take place… He was left good talent (the ones that didn’t bail with NIL)… we have to give him a good chance to get his type of players in here… there will be growing pains… just because Saban left some good players behind does not mean that they’re CKD‘s player type..

Back
Top Bottom