| FTBL Kane Wommack

If Wommack is gone after this year, perhaps Charlie Strong could return as DC
I think CKD wanted HIS STAFF.. Inge and Morrell but he keep Roach ( under pressure??)… Roach like I’ve said was a great player, recruiter and a coach.. JUST NOT FOR D LINE!… a lot of people have been complaining about his defensive line performance for years across many forums..

Coach Bryant lost to them in 1982.
Coach Stallings lost to them in 1990, that was with Favre. Story of Favre winning that game remains an all-timer. He'd had a major abdominal surgery from the aftereffects of a car accident, willed that team to win.
Coach Dubose got throttled by them in 2000, 21-0 at Legion Field. I was at that game. We were down early due to turnovers, and then the rest of the game was just watching offensive sluggishness.
Now THAT (Dubose) was a bad hire ( and it was done to keep the Bear's people in place). Let's be careful not to make the same mistake only hiring Saban's people. Eventually it will bite ... bigtime.

@Brandon Van de Graaff I agree with you.

There are times where I'm looking at the formation and I'm thinking why we have one safety high at time and I would say, "They are fixing to throw a deep pass." and it would turns out to be true. Wommack defense works well when you have a good CB play, allowing Safety to play free. You have a freshman at CB, whos' getting beat on long play. teams are starting to figure that out.

DL/lB is too inconsistent.

There is simple fix that's out there. you have a legend coach on the phone, you speak to him couple times a week. Wommack just need to utilize Saban's advice better. Wommack issues is mostly on 3rd downs. Why are you playing zone on 3rd down, that's a free play for 1st down given how our defense is. Why cant you make the pocket collaspe and make it hard for Vandy QB to run? Force erratic throws? Wommack is acting like he doesnt know how to coach, and I think he just need to let loose and just go after QB more.

I know Wommack was shocked and he held back lot of stuff against Vandy, but He knew with new offense at Vandy, he should've put in more effort to make sure defense was in good spot. they werent. So I think they correct lot of things this weekend and we'll see how this team shapes up against Tennesee.
We need t deal with South Carolina first. Part of the problem we are notching W's prematurily. I saw an on3 article that basically showed how much arrogance Bama showed during the coing flip. This is being allowed and CKD has to put a STOP to this bull shit..... I have a lot more unpleasant observations and things to say after listening to CKD's press conference but I will leave it alone for now.

We need t deal with South Carolina first. Part of the problem we are notching W's prematurily. I saw an on3 article that basically showed how much arrogance Bama showed during the coing flip. This is being allowed and CKD has to put a STOP to this bull shit..... I have a lot more unpleasant observations and things to say after listening to CKD's press conference but I will leave it alone for now.
What was it that Coach Bryant said about 'Class'.

Roll Tide!

I wish he'd come back. But he's still got that bullshit show cause that he's having to serve.
According to the Googles...... 2029 is when his show cause is up. Crazy. Hugh Freeze got 1 year for lack of institutional control. Pruitt got 7 years for doing something that is legal now. Guess Hookers and Blow are a lighter sentence. Damn NCAA. They need their wings clipped about 2 inches inside of their breast.

I wish he'd come back. But he's still got that bullshit show cause that he's having to serve.

Even if he could, I'm not sure he would... and folks around here know how much I wish he'd been able to return 2 years ago. But, Pruitt or no Pruitt, it's never going to be like it was for most of Saban's tenure again (in terms of a dominating defense). The game has evolved on and off the field to the point that those days are gone and overall expectations have to be adjusted or disappointment is going to be a more than occasional Saturday night bedfellow. That's not to say a lot of improvement isn't needed with Bama's defense right now... It is to say, no matter what, even if Saban was still the head man, some fans are going to be disappointed in how the defense plays some weeks... much more often than they were 10 years ago anyway...

Back
Top Bottom