| FTBL Kane Wommack

Sir, go back and look. You quoted me too. šŸ˜³
Dude, for the love of Pete... let's get this straight. I quoted two people in my original post - you and 24and7. 24and7 had made the comment in his first post "And Caleb Downs lost last night" So, in my response post (again a post that included two quoted people you and 24and7) I said "Um ok so Ohio State lost I guess that means Caleb Downs sucks..." That comment was my first comment and was directed at 24and7 (whom I quoted first) because of his comment about Downs losing the night before. That comment of mine was followed by three dots separating my comments. After the three dots was my second comment which was directed to you. I never said that you said Caleb Downs sucks.

Iā€™ve been hard on them the last 2 weeks, but I donā€™t think they are too far off from being what they "need" to be. A lot of the issues have been self-inflicted. In a way, thatā€™s at least better than not having the ā€œdudesā€. The staff needs to put them in more winnable situations and the players have to do their job. Would like to see the intensity of a couple of guys pick up a notch going forward too. Overall, the yards per play given up isnā€™t that bad at 4.64, thatā€™s 3rd best in the SEC, 16th best in the nation. I feel a little better about them after this past weekend, but ?ā€™s and some concerns still linger. Saturday afternoon, some of those questions will get answered. Hopefully, some of the concerns begin to evaporate.
@Brandon Van de Graaff man I hope you are right. I have not seen much that gives me this hope.

Just finished watching the last 10 minutes of the game (3rd time).

Kane isn't Billy Oliver for sure but Bama players have to start making the damn plays. I encourage you to just fast forward to the 10 minute mark and watch again. Get your note pad and make a note on each time we F up. It is amazing how many times a player(s) fails to make the play.

#34 has to take #0 or #11 spot as a starter. He has the savvy to make shit happen and fast. #90 and #94 are coming along and should help in the rotation moving forward.

They've showed moments this season that they can be an elite defense. But we have to consistently execute on every single play to do so. That's been out main problem, all three phases just can't seem to play as a cohesive unit for 4 quarters.
Up until the 2nd half of the UGA game I agree. Been major failure since then. 2 1/2 games given up 33+ ppg. That fits into the category of pathetic. Have not even tried to go and see what the ypg stats are. I am sure that would be sickening.

If something magical is going to click this weekend would be a great time for it to happen..

Up until the 2nd half of the UGA game I agree. Been major failure since then. 2 1/2 games given up 33+ ppg. That fits into the category of pathetic. Have not even tried to go and see what the ypg stats are. I am sure that would be sickening.

If something magical is going to click this weekend would be a great time for it to happen..
Just a modest 429 yards per game the last 3.

FWIW, also 15th in plays against (which is bad). But worth mentioning, tied for 4th best in YPP (which is good, especially considering the schedules of a couple of those in front).
Unfortunately another bad stat is we have only played one team with an offense in the top 50 and that is UGA. There are 2 or 3 teams including this weekend with offense in the top 50. This could get ugly if things do not click sooner rather than later on D or the offense needs to turn it up big time.

Unfortunately another bad stat is we have only played one team with an offense in the top 50 and that is UGA. There are 2 or 3 teams including this weekend with offense in the top 50. This could get ugly if things do not click sooner rather than later on D or the offense needs to turn it up big time.

Looks like 4 remaining teams with a current top 50 offense. Ugly is indeed an option.

You nailed it in the off season when you said with Womacks D we might get frustrated by not getting off the field at times. I suspect even you did not think it would be this bad.

No, I didnā€™t anticipate it having this many issues, even in that one department. That was the weak spot, but I was expecting some other areas to be stronger.

Back
Top Bottom