| FTBL Kane Wommack

If they do change DC at the end of the year. What about Derrick Mason ?

Entirely too early for this, IMO, but if I were to choose right now. I would probably try and hire T-Rob back from UGA and see what he could do.
This is based purely on the fact that Mason has made quite a bit of money as a HC and is making over 7 figures at Mid TN as HC. I doubt we would pay close to 2M for him to DC. He doesn't have that much value of an upside.

I think T-Rob is hungry to prove he can make the next step, for him would be a DC. He would be the better investment IMO.

Entirely too early for this, IMO, but if I were to choose right now. I would probably try and hire T-Rob back from UGA and see what he could do.
This is based purely on the fact that Mason has made quite a bit of money as a HC and is making over 7 figures at Mid TN as HC. I doubt we would pay close to 2M for him to DC. He doesn't have that much value of an upside.

I think T-Rob is hungry to prove he can make the next step, for him would be a DC. He would be the better investment IMO.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can we focus on the season first?

Dude, for the love of Pete... let's get this straight. I quoted two people in my original post - you and 24and7. 24and7 had made the comment in his first post "And Caleb Downs lost last night" So, in my response post (again a post that included two quoted people you and 24and7) I said "Um ok so Ohio State lost I guess that means Caleb Downs sucks..." That comment was my first comment and was directed at 24and7 (whom I quoted first) because of his comment about Downs losing the night before. That comment of mine was followed by three dots separating my comments. After the three dots was my second comment which was directed to you. I never said that you said Caleb Downs sucks.
DUDE for the love of Mary, Joseph, Nick, Chicken Wings, Fish Oils, I never said you said that I said Caleb Down sucks! Geez!

like you said you quoted two people. I responded cuz it was included.. you said you werent talking to me. I said you were because you continued to quote me. Simple as that. Its not that deep. It's like arguing with my wife about who said, who didn't say and I ended up sleeping on the couch not sure what just happened.

I was only joking! I’ve gone back and watched some of South Alabama games and the defense looked pretty good there, they were flying to the ball so maybe it’s a learning where I need to be other than everything else we’re talking about.

DUDE for the love of Mary, Joseph, Nick, Chicken Wings, Fish Oils, I never said you said that I said Caleb Down sucks! Geez!

like you said you quoted two people. I responded cuz it was included.. you said you werent talking to me. I said you were because you continued to quote me. Simple as that. Its not that deep. It's like arguing with my wife about who said, who didn't say and I ended up sleeping on the couch not sure what just happened.
Dude, you literally said to me, "I never said anything about Downs being a bad player. I'm not sure where you get that idea from." But, yeah, I'm having bad flashbacks... this is like arguing with my ex-wife... and as such, I'm checking out of this conversation...

I’m really down on this defense too. That being said, I’m not giving up on Wommack. I think things are getting away from him a bit, but I’m hoping he can reign it back in….
Oh, and I’ll bitch and moan about it for sure!!!
I feel like we can, because we spend $$$ so they can make big $$$….

T-rob is looking like one of the guys likely out from Georgia at the end of the year. A lot of the fans are not happy with the defensive backfield this year or any of their defensive stuff.
I think we need to keep in mind that we lost 11 guys from the defensive backfield from last season. That's a really big hole to fill and why we have so much youth there. For me, I'd like to see more pressure on the opposing QBs when we have 3rd and long and especially 4th and long. If that means rushing more than 4 or blitzing more then so be it. We can't give the other guy 3 or 4 or 5 seconds to throw. Nobody can cover that long. We have to be willing to take more risks and be more aggressive like we were the first two games. The conservative approach is clearly not working.

I had us at 9-3 this season with hope of getting 10 wins. I am now at 8-4 with 7-5 really into play.

What really bothers me is looking at next seasons defense. Secondary could be pretty good but front 7 will be challenge since no others have played ILBer for the most part this year.

Back
Top Bottom