| FTBL Just for fun: What would you want to see as UA's on-the-field sponsorship logo?

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
We touched on this a few weeks ago I think, but never really discussed it (that I recall). Now that schools can put corporate logos on their field for money, what would you like Bama to have? UA will be in the top range in terms of how much money they'll get per season... which could be upwards of $5-6 million. IMO, Mercedes would make the most sense... logo is clean, and they have ties to the area plus ties to a former coach who still has some pull.

It would be nice if Bama could have an opponent specific sponsor/logo for each home game. Conecuh Sausage for when Arkansas comes to town. Cigar Aficionado when playing the Vols. Etc.

Brands like Ferrari would be throwing their money away. The market for Ferrari is very small. They would be better off knocking on potential customers’ doors. Brands like Ford, Chevy, McDonald’s, Budweiser and yes, Conecuh would get a bigger bang for their buck. Personally, I hope Alabama never goes that route.

Brands like Ferrari would be throwing their money away. The market for Ferrari is very small. They would be better off knocking on potential customers’ doors. Brands like Ford, Chevy, McDonald’s, Budweiser and yes, Conecuh would get a bigger bang for their buck. Personally, I hope Alabama never goes that route.

It would be Saban donating the money for the emblem, not Ferrari themselves in my story. And it would be more of a recruiting tool. He can sell 10-15 cars and get his money back or a million pounds of sausage.

I hate to see anything tarnish that green turf and yard markers. I’ve always hated all the logos on the jerseys that began appearing in the, what, 2000s?

But if I had to pick I like the opponent-specific idea.

How do you see that working? Give me some examples.

ie. Conecuh for the Arkansas game... which has already been mentioned.

Thing is, Bama is such a brand that I think you would pidgeon hole them by trying to use Alabama based business'. Thinking for Regions, Hibbett, Conecuh, Boyd Bros Trucking, Yella Wood.

I like the idea of Mercedes. As @Brandon Van de Graaff stated. Simple, elegant, easily recognisable.
I see this going the way of Neck-car. Years ago each driver had one main sponsor, but as costs got more and more, there were shared agreements. I could see field sponsorship going this way. Mercedes does 2-3 of the major home games for xxx million dollars. Conecuh might do one game against Arkansas. Brand like Yella wood would do a rooty-poot team like Mercer, etc........but with all the games being televised, I think sponsorship might be too much or not as cost effective for some of the Alabama based businesses.

ie. Conecuh for the Arkansas game... which has already been mentioned.

Thing is, Bama is such a brand that I think you would pidgeon hole them by trying to use Alabama based business'. Thinking for Regions, Hibbett, Conecuh, Boyd Bros Trucking, Yella Wood.

I like the idea of Mercedes. As @Brandon Van de Graaff stated. Simple, elegant, easily recognisable.
I see this going the way of Neck-car. Years ago each driver had one main sponsor, but as costs got more and more, there were shared agreements. I could see field sponsorship going this way. Mercedes does 2-3 of the major home games for xxx million dollars. Conecuh might do one game against Arkansas. Brand like Yella wood would do a rooty-poot team like Mercer, etc........but with all the games being televised, I think sponsorship might be too much or not as cost effective for some of the Alabama based businesses.
You should be slapped for mentioning yellawood

You should be slapped for mentioning yellawood

Meh......ol fat boy Jimmy used to spread the wealth to all the SEC. Near the end of his advertisements, his commercials were extremely stupid.

One he did with Stallings was hilarious. They were out turkey hunting and Jimmy had on a bright ass yellow rain coat instead of camo. Stallings was not much in the way of acting or being a spokesperson, but he played that role pretty well with his disgust for Jimmy's hunting attire.

We touched on this a few weeks ago I think, but never really discussed it (that I recall). Now that schools can put corporate logos on their field for money, what would you like Bama to have? UA will be in the top range in terms of how much money they'll get per season... which could be upwards of $5-6 million. IMO, Mercedes would make the most sense... logo is clean, and they have ties to the area plus ties to a former coach who still has some pull.

It would be nice if Bama could have an opponent specific sponsor/logo for each home game. Conecuh Sausage for when Arkansas comes to town. Cigar Aficionado when playing the Vols. Etc.
I wouldn't be shocked if Saban get his car dealership on the field

Back
Top Bottom