| NEWS SEC Mulling Drastic Punishments for Storming the Field- SI

The reason why it isn't working! It is not coming out of their pocket!
Well, it doesn’t hurt when the school uses GoFundMe to post the $250k fine. Let that fine come from a missed revenue from a GAMEDAY weekend and it will hurt!! Throw in some bowl revenue being withheld as well and schools will cut that shit out!!

I would also add that fans could go onto the field after the other team has left the field and the university had a signal saying it was ok
Sort of different event, but I always told parents that I wouldn’t talk with them after a game. Simply because emotions are running so high, whether a win or loss. Best to just keep the fans off the field or we have another Barner moment “my cousin Bobby spread his wife’s ashes on the field at BDS!” I’ll pass!!!

All this sort of reminds me of several years back (2013) when the Dodgers clinched the West after beating the Diamondbacks in AZ... After the game, Dodgers players all ran to right field, jumped the outfield wall, and celebrated in the swimming pool with champaign and such. Obviously, the Diamondbacks were not pleased (not pissed enough to actually do anything about it, but not happy regardless). Fast-forward 4 years later, same scenario took place in 2017... LA beat AZ and clinched again. There was talk before the game that the Dodgers were again going to have a postgame pool party... but this time after the game, a half dozen horse-mounted police officers guarded the pool on the warning track. So... the Dodgers, with less than about a second's worth of collective thought, decided to just celebrate inside the visitor's clubhouse. Deterrent.

Well, it doesn’t hurt when the school uses GoFundMe to post the $250k fine. Let that fine come from a missed revenue from a GAMEDAY weekend and it will hurt!! Throw in some bowl revenue being withheld as well and schools will cut that shit out!!
I didn't think about that! I know one time the I Phone guy pays for it.

Ha ha!! I didn’t get to dress, but was in the stands with my Dad. We were pointing those unfortunate souls out that attempted to get out there! I had the opportunity to play at Legion Field in HS when Jefferson County used to hold the Dental Clinic Classic. Let me tell you, that turf felt like asphalt that had been simply painted green and then striped with white paint!!!
Who all on this site know what the Dental Clinic Classic was?

For the fans, I think the loss in the record books and loss of a home game would be enough. I don't think the "fans" are the real issue.

Do the whole, loss of a home game, but in addition to, make it where every student "caught" will be expelled immediately. Explaining to momma and daddy why their money for that entire semester was just lit on fire and shoved up a hog's ass, might make them think. This can be an addendum to the student code of conduct that all students agree to. Kind of like the "I agree" tab we all hit anytime we download crap to our phone.

For the fans, I think the loss in the record books and loss of a home game would be enough. I don't think the "fans" are the real issue.

Do the whole, loss of a home game, but in addition to, make it where every student "caught" will be expelled immediately. Explaining to momma and daddy why their money for that entire semester was just lit on fire and shoved up a hog's ass, might make them think. This can be an addendum to the student code of conduct that all students agree to. Kind of like the "I agree" tab we all hit anytime we download crap to our phone.
At UA, and I'm guessing most schools, you wouldn't have to add anything. The student code of conduct prohibits criminal behavior. Trespassing on the field is criminal behavior. It would just take the school taking it seriously enough.

Someone grab the back of a ticket and post a picture...or is there a such thing with digital ticketing? I don't recall...I think there's language about the field, right?

Down near the bottom the portion that says : Terms and conditions governing use of the ticket, yada yada yada. That is probably the one that would be the blanket coverage statement to enforce this rule. This ticket is from 2019.

IMG_5226.jpg

There’s probably never going to be a sure fire way to stop this but there’s definitely a way to deter. Of course, everyone is not going to be stopped but when one’s freedoms are taken away and fines are imposed it does get their attention. Arrest as many as possible and the following. 1. 5 year ban from any college sporting event. . 2. A $10,000.00 fine per each individual. 3. 90 days in jail. All 3 are mandatory. Now this is never going to happen but I guess it’s ok to just have an opinion. RTR.

There’s probably never going to be a sure fire way to stop this but there’s definitely a way to deter. Of course, everyone is not going to be stopped but when one’s freedoms are taken away and fines are imposed it does get their attention. Arrest as many as possible and the following. 1. 5 year ban from any college sporting event. . 2. A $10,000.00 fine per each individual. 3. 90 days in jail. All 3 are mandatory. Now this is never going to happen but I guess it’s ok to just have an opinion. RTR.
I like it. (y)

I'm betting on the loss of a home game as a deterrent. Anyone who has seen the revenue impact off of home games in Tuscaloosa would understand how big of a loss that would be. Now try Starkville.
The problem with that is there is no accountability for those actually doing it.

Who all on this site know what the Dental Clinic Classic was?
Qualified as a team but admin chose not to play because it could have kept us out of state playoffs. Would have been playing a school with a lower classification and even winning could not have awarded us enough points to keep us in the Top Eight in class AAA to qualify for state playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom