| FTBL Josh Pate On Mood Of Alabama Fans (Late Kick Cut) "Come and take it from us!"

@UAgrad93 Kev, this are the points I've been pointing to...I just don't get the pessimism And his RECORD?!?!?.
Agreed! CNS left a stacked roster and well oiled machine! He didn’t drag it down with weaker recruiting classes and he wasn’t a “figurehead” that just stood on the sidelines. Add to that, CKD track record wherever he has been. I just don’t see some huge drop off. Sure, we bring in OU and Texas, but we improved on the offensive side of the ball with DeBoer and his staff. I think Wommack is an upgrade at DC as well. His style and philosophy will allow the kids more of a chance to just attack, instead of having a 4000+ page playbook to have to sift through every single snap.

Agreed! CNS left a stacked roster and well oiled machine! He didn’t drag it down with weaker recruiting classes and he wasn’t a “figurehead” that just stood on the sidelines. Add to that, CKD track record wherever he has been. I just don’t see some huge drop off. Sure, we bring in OU and Texas, but we improved on the offensive side of the ball with DeBoer and his staff. I think Wommack is an upgrade at DC as well. His style and philosophy will allow the kids more of a chance to just attack, instead of having a 4000+ page playbook to have to sift through every single snap.
Maybe I'm wrong with what I'm watching. I don't know. I doubt it; ego aside.

Assuredly, I can say what fans are saying and thinking is far different than the coaching staff's in the SEC.

I have said this ever since Saban stepped down and the doomsayers started crying: If you want to know how Bama will look post-Saban, just look at LSU. When Saban went to the Dolphins he left a stacked roster and a highly developed and smoothly functioning program at that school. That program was in such an elite state that even Les Miles was able to come in and win a national championship there, and then several years later so did Swamp Boy Ed O. Now if Lester the grass eater and Swamp Boy Ed can win titles at a Saban built program, then that bodes extremely well for the state of the Crimson Tide. Because I think anyone with any modicum of football knowledge and a smidge of honesty will admit that Lester and Ed are two of the more mediocre coaches you will ever see. And yet, when they took over the reigns of what Saban built, they won titles. Add in the fact that Bama is a much better program than LSU, and Saban was at Bama for 17 years vs the 5 he was at LSU, and the changing landscape of college football tilts the field in favor of the elite programs, then you come to understand that Bama will be an elite program for many years to come. Case closed.

Ok.
First. Every hc post bryant produced a top 6 team (somewhere along rankings). Shula ( maybe it was curry)was high as 3 i think. Stallings 1. Perk top 3-4.
Even Dubose/fran.

You can win. Win big at Bama. Its there. The support. The history. The tradition. The money

So no reason to believe anything else Coach D will win. But ........
its not just winning big. Its beating AU/tenn games. Winning national championship. Not being purged ( beat big... dominated)

Time will tell. Glad to hold my support. Be at games. Hold on to my tickets.

A new era. Roll Tide.

Ok.
First. Every hc post bryant produced a top 6 team (somewhere along rankings). Shula ( maybe it was curry)was high as 3 i think. Stallings 1. Perk top 3-4.
Even Dubose/fran.

You can win. Win big at Bama. Its there. The support. The history. The tradition. The money

So no reason to believe anything else Coach D will win. But ........
its not just winning big. Its beating AU/tenn games. Winning national championship. Not being purged ( beat big... dominated)

Time will tell. Glad to hold my support. Be at games. Hold on to my tickets.

A new era. Roll Tide.
Curry- we reached #2 in the polls before heading to the Barn in ‘89.

I have said this ever since Saban stepped down and the doomsayers started crying: If you want to know how Bama will look post-Saban, just look at LSU. When Saban went to the Dolphins he left a stacked roster and a highly developed and smoothly functioning program at that school. That program was in such an elite state that even Les Miles was able to come in and win a national championship there, and then several years later so did Swamp Boy Ed O. Now if Lester the grass eater and Swamp Boy Ed can win titles at a Saban built program, then that bodes extremely well for the state of the Crimson Tide. Because I think anyone with any modicum of football knowledge and a smidge of honesty will admit that Lester and Ed are two of the more mediocre coaches you will ever see. And yet, when they took over the reigns of what Saban built, they won titles. Add in the fact that Bama is a much better program than LSU, and Saban was at Bama for 17 years vs the 5 he was at LSU, and the changing landscape of college football tilts the field in favor of the elite programs, then you come to understand that Bama will be an elite program for many years to come. Case closed.
Now.

Take those coaches records and weigh it against Coach.

As well as the analogy works, it doesn't. This is the craziest transition of coaching staffs I've seen in my life.

I want to make a post about this...can't quite put it into words yet. If I started typing it would be a bit of a rambling mess. Stream of thought...

I'll stand behind this. There will not be a drop off. The landscape has changed for college football.

In the recruiting thread I posted a few videos with the coaches smoking cigars...and, one of them said, "let the naysayers know." That's what Josh is saying here if you think about the context of what's happened.

Back
Top Bottom