| FTBL Is Oatis coming back to the team?

All that is posted so far is that these guys are creating issues for the team/coaches to have to overcome.

JMO but all of them would be unemployed tonight. Bama might finish 6-6 but lets get the players that want to get it right on the field and get ready for 2025.

Posted where? Is @24and7 a member of a Bama reddit board or something?

listen to Josh Pate... he goes deeper into it and nails it, IMO...
I must admit, I don’t think I gave proper consideration about how Spring may have been lighter than how it will be from this point forward. I knew limited depth at some positions would be a factor, but Pate added more insight on that. Good find and share! We were definitely at a disadvantage entering into a new era after such a significant coaching change.

I must admit, I don’t think I gave proper consideration about how Spring may have been lighter than how it will be from this point forward. I knew limited depth at some positions would be a factor, but Pate added more insight on that. Good find and share! We were definitely at a disadvantage entering into a new era after such a significant coaching change.

I didn't either or I would have posted such way back when as a warning of sorts. There were other things like you said that concerned me, depth, a couple of staffers I was/am weary of, scheme changes (that while not complete 180° changes, were still fairly significant and take time to adapt to with both game repetitions and personnel), etc. But what Pate is sharing now is what is being passed on to people like him from within the walls of the complex the past couple of weeks. It's all easier said than done and we'll just have to see how effective it is when time comes to pass. Only thing I know for sure is, DeBoer more than deserves the chance to navigate it how he wants. We all have our preferences on how certain things should be done, but he was hired for a reason, and IMO that earns a reasonable about of time to manage the situation(s) on and off the field.

Look, we lost 20 transfers, new coaching staff except 1 person, new way of doing some things. The man needs time to learn the high school coaches, the athletes on the roster and the seriousness of Bama Nation. I will gripe and complain but he will get that from me and almost all of us.

Saw this around Al Gore's interweb

Lockeroom issues

Milroe
Haynes
Booker
Pritchett
Moore
All that is posted so far is that these guys are creating issues for the team/coaches to have to overcome.

JMO but all of them would be unemployed tonight. Bama might finish 6-6 but lets get the players that want to get it right on the field and get ready for 2025.
I feel the same way if they don’t want to play then go! Deboer has a great class coming in.

10 days ago...

But don't listen to me, listen to Josh Pate... he goes deeper into it and nails it, IMO...

Trying to fully understand. Post 2020 there have been foundational discipline issues for sure. Bama struggled big time last year and if we are honest even during the Young and Anderson years. Those two players made up for a lot of crap which avoided additional losses.. CNS even said at the end of the year last year when he met with players they were all interested in playing time and NIL not what do I need to do to get better.

I am sure CKD had to walk a tight rope when he came in because of the portal. I hope CKD is able to tighten the ship as the looseness I am just not a fan of. I keep pointing to his record. He won a lot of games so somehow he has been able to run a program and do well. Is what he is doing now what he will do in year 2 and beyond? Personallly I hope not just because I keep hearing the Bears voice in my head that "The same things win that always won. We just have a different set of excuses if we lose.". That has always meant to me as hard work, hard nosed and disciplined play.

I think we all need to sit back and let CKD get his system in. The roads gonna be bumpy.

Am I frustrated with this team? Absolutely. I feel that the talent is there to compete with anyone in the county.

Did anyone really think we would win 12+ games this year with a new head coach? No way. Not anyone that legitimately follows football and has some idea of the sport.......

All that said, I think if there are problems in the locker room, those things tend to work themselves out. Speculating doesn't help. I doubt anyone here really has "insight" into the workings of the bama locker room. I also bet we will see a few more hitting the portal than normal. That's okay. I don't want a bunch of premadanas. I want football players.

Flush. Time to worry about Missouri.

You can bet that there is “locker room issues” on this team…AND EVERY TEAM… especially now in this new league…Alpha Males are going to be jealous and envious of other Alpha Males…The pressure is on to be the best and make the most money…I’m sure Milroe gets into it about his “ ball distribution” with receivers and tight ends… they all want to be “highlight reel material”…And Defense gets into it with Offense about who is winning and losing games…. AND YES FIST FIGHTS AND SKIRMISHES WILL GO DOWN…So I’m sure reports are locker room infighting are 100% true …Let them get it out of their system..

I've seen fights in Wrestling… Just because one could beat the other on the mat, didn’t always carry over to fist…And the coaches let it happen..

Back
Top Bottom