| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ In other NCAA basketball action—Conference Championship Weekend

So 1 or 2 years count for the entire time Saban’s been here? You sir speak in too many absolutes
It's happened the whole time Saban has been here, and every coach before him back to Coach Bryant.

2018 Citadel 10-10 at the half
2017 Colorado State 24-10 at the half
2017 Mississippi State 14-14 at the half
2016 Western Kentucky 17-3 at the half
2015 MTSU 23-3 at the half
2014 Arkansas 7-6 at the half

There's usually at least one game per season that an inferior point is still in the game at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, when the second string should be going in.

Last edited:
It's happened the whole time Saban has been here, and every coach before him back to Coach Bryant.
Bama has not lost to an unranked team since Sabans first year.. Now if youi are asking did they always cover probably not. Could they have? Likely in most cases. This is an article from 2020 - https://www.si.com/college/alabama/history/nick-sabans-record-against-ranked-teams-unparalleled
Found this article that might align with your position but gives some possible reasons - Johnson: Why Alabama Doesn't Cover Big Spreads vs. 'Cupcakes'

Last edited:
Bama has not lost to an unranked team since Sabans first year.. Now if youi are asking did they always cover probably not. Could they have? Likely in most cases. This is an article from 2020 - https://www.si.com/college/alabama/history/nick-sabans-record-against-ranked-teams-unparalleled
Found this article that might align with your position but gives some possible reasons - Johnson: Why Alabama Doesn't Cover Big Spreads vs. 'Cupcakes'
Bama lost to an unranked Texas A&M last year (2021 season).

OK … as I’ve said I’m relatively new to being a college BB fan but I’m still surprised by the difference in betting odds between it and football in regards to team rankings. The same holds true with ESPN’s matchup predictor. For example, they have Tennessee as 70% more likely to beat Bama. Is home court advantage in BB that much greater than home field advantage in football?

One year..... Your comments seemed to be broader than one year. No one on here will argue last year was not an outlier year and that game was for sure and example.
My comment was broader, but it wasn't about wins and losses. I stated that his teams allow inferior teams to hang around too long into games. Too many games against inferior teams that were closer than they should have been at the half. I didn't mention wins and losses in my original post:
Yep. They let too many inferior teams hang around too long.
A quick example is The CItadel in 2018. The halftime score was 10-10. That halftime score should've been AT LEAST 35-0.

Back
Top Bottom