| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ In other NCAA basketball action—Conference Championship Weekend

Basketball officiating has always been more subjective to me than in any other sport outside of the ump behind the plate. A lot like judges when it comes to interpretation of our Constitution, strict interpretation and bending it to fit today’s ideas.
Maybe if I had worded it differently, you might see why. Like a ball in baseball, the pitcher must perform the same motion, complete stop etc, trying to trick the runner. If the shooter takes 15 shots without contact and never once kicks his legs out, but on 16th shot he does, he isn’t going to get the call.
Nah. Most referees are too lazy to make the correct call. My dad was a basketball ref and it drove him crazy. Probably where I got it from.

Oh, and another pet peeve of mine, while we're talking about them (;)) . . . I can't stand how everybody who dribbles now would be called for carrying back when I played. It's ridiculous.

Vandy needed the .8 seconds added to the clock after the final time out. Never have understood why tenths of a second aren't on CFB clocks. Need a Bobby Knight raising hell every year until it's done, like he did in CBB.

WVU vs TX on The Deuce is a good ball game so far.

The UK vs UGA game ... it's getting to the point where UK is fighting for a spot in the dance. If they lose today, I'll bet they're out of the brackets come Monday. It's getting close to a case where UK is going to rely on the SECT for its tourney hopes.

So far, UK has a sleep walking look.

UT goes down on last second shot to MIzzou, wonder if we can catch them on a down turn or if they'll be mad and out to get back on track. Also, UT with some attrocious late game fouls instead of milking the clock cost them more than anything.

A true championshion team will be able to handle a desperate but good team. We will see how it goes Wednesday. The Viles are desperate to stop the bleading and they are a really good team. Can Bama play their A game on the road against the Viles? I hope so... They certainly did not do that in the cow pasture but they were still good enough to win but it took 3/4 of the game to do it.

Back
Top Bottom