| FTBL Imma Start It: Fire the OC and DC

Has nothing to do with NFL. At end of the day they're still young men playing football. It doesn't matter whether it's sport or life... You don't take this harsh approach. If only you knew what Ive gone through in recent months and how it affected my mental health and how it affects my work performance.... The lesson applies to everything not just sports. That's the problem with that mindset . I'm not saying baby them, but I'm saying we need to chill out with harsh takes.
I’m just saying all the sympathy and Care left the building when these guys started asking for big money.. this is the present and the future…people see them as mercs now… even the guys on a scholarship hate them…

I’m struggling with the penalty thing more than the loss. It’s a shame that we can predict how many penalties our team will have in a game like that. 128 teams have less penalties than Bama this year. Out of 134 total… We can talk about discipline and how hard it is, etc., but everybody else is doing it better than we are. So we’re doing something wrong.

If we’re going to lose, let’s lose without 100 yards of penalties. I can halfway swallow the penalties if we win, but we aren’t.
I've evolved. I am able to predict when we were going to run Milroe sweep left/right on the goal line now. :p

You're making up stuff olas you go along, aren't you?
No.. I’m not… there is a class warfare going on between players doing it for free and these big money guys… ask around..a lot of animosity… Most comes from Parents of players…But I have talked to smaller University players,off the record, of course..

Last edited:
If they can’t take people (that they dont even know) criticizing them on line, then they are mentally ill!!!! Good lord they make a lot of money to play a game! If they are that mentally weak, then they’re the problem not the people that spend money on the product they take advantage of….

I haven’t called for anyone to be fired or kicked off the team, but I have “voiced” my frustrations on here. That being said they need to pull up their big girl panties and do better!!!!! Weak minded people get defended for being weak minded is freakin ridiculous!!!

If they can’t take people (that they dont even know) criticizing them on line, then they are mentally ill!!!! Good lord they make a lot of money to play a game! If they are that mentally weak, then they’re the problem not the people that spend money on the product they take advantage of….

I haven’t called for anyone to be fired or kicked off the team, but I have “voiced” my frustrations on here. That being said they need to pull up their big girl panties and do better!!!!! Weak minded people get defended for being weak minded is freakin ridiculous!!!
Mentally ill? I want you to think about what you just said....

If they’re reading these message boards and reacting to it like you suggest, then the problems are much worse and deeper than we can imagine and can’t be fixed….

I agree that most of this stuff is fixable (that I’m seeing anyway), but to suggest that these message boards are in some way affecting this, oh boy we can hang it up….

Okay take it for what's worth. This is pure speculation and all. I made a post on x, replying to a friend's post talking about how players are affected by fans being harsh on players and how players are seeing it on secrant and this board and it's affecting Milroe and others. One of the players mom who doesn't follow me or I follow her she hearted my post. This person knows most of the players mom.

We can criticize players and coach as long it's fair and reasonable, but the point I was making is that some of the takes on football board including this one was too extreme and too harsh. At the end of the day, it's just football and players playing football.

It's real simple: there's a difference between offering honest criticism and throwing insults and calling them names and it's just to make few. Not calling anyone out here, just something I noticed Saturday night and yesterday.

The behavior of some people were embarrassing and it wasn't even necessary to acted like that and then blame it on liquors .

Also, I just watched the pre game warmup again and milroe is favoring his left leg. He's limping significantly. I've been saying for two weeks that he's playing hurt. Something to monitor this week and see what coaches say.

I agree with you, name calling is uncalled for an just plain stupid. It's not helping anyone, so why even entertain it.

NOW, these same momma's don't seem to mind their baby boy's going all over social media hooting and hollering about their plays and standing over other players, shooting air machine guns, using choice language in their social media posts, showing attitude detrimental to a team and all of that, but then they have an issue with criticism??????? These kids are getting paid now and seemingly want everything to go their way and how they want it, or all of a sudden they have an issue with it. I'm sorry, but if my money and thousands of others is paying for your house, keeping your lights on, and paying for the future of your son, we deserve to say whatever we want minus the message in my first sentence above. They want their cake and to eat it too and that's not reality, that's a fairytale world they want to live in and have basically been promised by coach's, agents, and family members alike. Leave the families alone, don't call people names, don't freaking threaten people and all of that, but simply stating someone played terrible and needs to be benched is 100% acceptable commentary from a fan/booster/alumni/former player. Don't like it, fix it. Can't fix it, accept it and acknowledge as much. Sick and tired of this nanny state and thinking you have to tip toe around everyone's feelings or they can't simply function. Stay off social media if it bothers your mental health or performance. Quit subjecting yourself to the bullcrap if you feel it isn't warranted or untrue. You have a choice you can make.

Just wanted share my thoughts:

For the circumstances, I thought the D played ok. Saab is hurt (love him playing through it) Jackson is hurt. We have a totally new DB. They’re green and learning. But they play with intensity. Do they mess up? Ya. Do they do stupid penalties? Ya. It’s what young D’s do. You know what they do we haven’t done in years? Tackle!! We are tackling a whole lot better than previous years. Look at what we lost and realize this is a very inexperienced defense. But they go balls out a lot. And I love it. Reminds me of brother bill’s d’s.

The O, uhh. It needs work. And some player changes IMO. I see the love for Haynes, but imo Jam runs harder. Milroe still can’t read defenses. And our pass blocking needs to upgrade.

But, in closing, this team needs some accountability and discipline (yes I know it’s been mentioned, just my way of agreeing). I wasn’t a Scott Cochran fan, felt he got a lot of players hurt, but I’ll admit I was wrong for what he brought in team unity. We need that more than ever!

It has nothing to do with technique, quickness, explosiveness, power, agility, footwork, hand placement, balance, bend, etc. "Bama just needs linemen that can lift pianos, Pawl!"

View attachment 29254
We have not seen Bama go out and just manhandle and maul since he left… We have outlasted in latter quarters but that is about it…
Under Cochran in the early games, teams could not believe our power and strength advantage…They were beat early and often..We simply was the Early Mike Tyson of football..

We have not seen Bama go out and just manhandle and maul since he left… We have outlasted in latter quarters but that is about it…
Under Cochran in the early games, teams could not believe our power and strength advantage…They were beat early and often..We simply was the Early Mike Tyson of football..

Uh yes, we have.

But, in your mind, what is an appropriate amount of weight that our OL's should able bench?

Uh yes, we have.

But, in your mind, what is an appropriate amount of weight that our OL's should able bench?
The benching don’t matter.. I know some pulpwooders and loggers that could not only outlift them but outwork them..and bricklayers..
I guess you are forgetting the Blue blood we crushed under Cochran..You are still not watching how bad the lines get whipped..but one day you will see it…the science based thing is finesse..

The benching don’t matter.. I know some pulpwooders and loggers that could not only outlift them but outwork them..
I guess you are forgetting the Blue blood we crushed under Cochran..You are still not watching how bad the lines get whipped..but one day you will see it…

You keep saying they need to be stronger, I'm just wondering how strong is strong enough. And that's an easy way to quantify it. Not sure why you can't provide an answer.

One thing is for sure though, if I am somehow proven wrong on this down the road, I'll have no issue admitting it. You? You'll just keep sputtering down the path of least resistance, throwing out the lowest common denominator of ideas at every turn while stating them as facts and adding an emoji on the end of half of them as if that somehow makes it easier for the reader to digest.

You keep saying they need to be stronger, I'm just wondering how strong is strong enough. And that's an easy way to quantify it. Not sure why you can't provide an answer.

One thing is for sure though, if I am somehow proven wrong on this down the road, I'll have no issue admitting it. You? You'll just keep sputtering down the path of least resistance, throwing out the lowest common denominator of ideas at every turn while stating them as facts and adding an emoji on the end of half of them as if that somehow makes it easier for the reader to digest.
I haven’t been proven wrong yet..So There's nothing to admit yet… but I would admit if I was…A whole lot of people have been very skeptical of the science based program,..I’m watching our team outmuscled a lot..All I’m saying is that things are getting overlooked…BUT.. let’s see what CKD and his staff do to correct these things…Womack hired a guy to study and form individual workout plans, for each defensive man’s deficiencies (Shaheed) ..and that will take a while… hopefully there’s a guy doing that on offensive side too…

I haven’t been proven wrong yet..So There's nothing to admit yet… but I would admit if I was…A whole lot of people have been very skeptical of the science based program,..I’m watching our team outmuscled a lot..All I’m saying is that things are getting overlooked…BUT.. let’s see what CKD and his staff do to correct these things…Womack hired a guy to study and form individual workout plans, for each defensive man’s deficiencies (Shaheed) ..and that will take a while… hopefully there’s a guy doing that on offensive side too…

Homie, All you got to do is go back to Jaeden Roberts #77 flinging Jawja D-Linemen left & right in the SEC Championship game. He whipped their asses ALL. GAME. LONG. Hell, he was flagged for hold on one of those ass whippings because the ref thought he had to be holding to do that to that poor DL. He is clipped this year with some injuries but that MF'er was flying after that running play to the righ that he had to jump over (and tuck & roll) the UT CB (#3) so he wouldn't kill him & that CB still had to leave the game. Seth McClaughlin said there isn't a weight he cannot lift! He is the epidome of HULK. I would say that he could out lift ANY of the previous OLinemen going back to when Saban was at LSU. There will be several NFL teams that will put their money on this guy this April. He is as powerful & agile as they will EVER come ANYWHERE.

The 2020 team with Alex Leatherwood pile drived so many teams with Najee Running behind them.

I will agree on this one point. When CNS arrived, he immediately made the point that this team was going to be a team that everybody hated playing. I about jizzed on the spot when he said that. And he instilled that into the culture of the program from the moment he stood on campus & for at least 10 years that was the identity of this team. But murder ball mindset that CNS had has been gone for about 3 years now & it absolutely has NOTHING to do with our strenght program. Some of the strongest men I've ever met were the most gentle giants on the planet. They were nice guys. But they will never be the MTAQ type even if they were the world's strongest man. That mean, lock up the gates, we are about the beat the hell out of each other for 60 mins & LIKE it mentality has NOT been on this team for several years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom