| FTBL I’m sorry I can’t let this go, but here’s ESPN with some fresh analytics again…

I've usually been ok with some of their rankings, but this one is just head scratching. Also kinda funny that after they released these rankings. They released their playoff predictions and have Bama beating Michigan and winning it all vs Washington.

I've usually been ok with some of their rankings, but this one is just head scratching. Also kinda funny that after they released these rankings. They released their playoff predictions and have Bama beating Michigan and winning it all vs Washington.
I mentioned this to Brandon before the game. They had Bama as a 50/50 shot to beat UGA, but a 14% chance of making the CFP.

The more they use their rankings, the less respect the sporting world holds for those rankings.

ESPN seems high...
tenor.gif

Certainly some one at espn had to be !

I really don't like bashing espn. I remember.. before espn... when how few games we got on Saturday. Of course. It was always fun to listen to bama games on radio.

I understand that, and I’m thankful for the live sports side of things. It’s the E side, the entertainment side, that gets under my skin. And I put stuff like their FPI stuff and these silly graphics into that camp. But I also realize I’m probably in the minority overall on what I deem ridiculous in terms of their non-live sports programming.

I understand that, and I’m thankful for the live sports side of things. It’s the E side, the entertainment side, that gets under my skin. And I put stuff like their FPI stuff and these silly graphics into that camp. But I also realize I’m probably in the minority overall on what I deem ridiculous in terms of their non-live sports programming.

Well. I guess my problem is ... i dont watch the E side...
Have seen some... enough to know I don't wanna watch

And another thing. It seems no matter what one watches or does...
Somehow... some f'ing liberal politics slips into it... never balanced. Should not be in there anyway. But its Always the left side

Even harmless tv shows of today! Guess thats why i am tuned into METV

And another thing. It seems no matter what one watches or does...
Somehow... some f'ing liberal politics slips into it... never balanced. Should not be in there anyway. But its Always the left side

Even harmless tv shows of today! Guess thats why i am tuned into METV

Ha. First time I remember ever noticing it on ESPN was back in the mid 90's... I used to watch SC every night, or at the very least, every am before school... that was back when it just repeated every hour all night long and into the mornings. Anyway, Dan Patrick and Olbermann were hosting the Sunday late night show and they were showing highlights of a race at Talladega. Olbermann was the one doing the highlights... they showed a small confederate flag in the infield on an RV waving in the wind in a wide shot at the start of the race highlights... Olbermann got triggered and spent the next minute ranting about it and making fun of southerners instead of reading the teleprompter. I just kind of sat there like, ok. "So who won the race?"

This is about as useless as PFF grading players. Both should be laughed at, and chastised with the Bullshit they put out.

Not looking to die on any hills over this, but a good bit of the PFF hate is way overblown. Are they grading games on par with each school/team? No. Are they squarely in the ballpark, especially on NFL and higher profile teams? Absolutely (evidenced by the fact most all of them are using their services).

Now, back to making fun of ESPN!!!! ;)😄

Not looking to die on any hills over this, but a good bit of the PFF hate is way overblown. Are they grading games on par with each school/team? No. Are they squarely in the ballpark, especially on NFL and higher profile teams? Absolutely (evidenced by the fact most all of them are using their services).

Now, back to making fun of ESPN!!!! ;)😄
Not sure if I've spoken on Pff before on here, but that's a can of worms I don't think I should open as of now. Just know, I STRONGLY disagree with their system. 69fa8332-5fb2-4f8e-a4d2-f458a6de0d3a_text.gif

Back
Top Bottom