| FTBL I’m sorry I can’t let this go, but here’s ESPN with some fresh analytics again…

Not sure if I've spoken on Pff before on here, but that's a can of worms I don't think I should open as of now. Just know, I STRONGLY disagree with their system. View attachment 26468

No worries, it was more of a general comment from me. They’re a bit of a lightning rod, and just not always deserving of the level of hate they get, IMO.

Not looking to die on any hills over this, but a good bit of the PFF hate is way overblown. Are they grading games on par with each school/team? No. Are they squarely in the ballpark, especially on NFL and higher profile teams? Absolutely (evidenced by the fact most all of them are using their services).
Their weekly grading system on college games/players is severely flawed. Fraud, in fact. They don't have the manpower to judge players when there are so many games played on a Saturday...with Friday and Thursday, and Wednesday, and now Tuesday games...

What's crazy? SI would be better at this considering the number of folks that write for them that aren't paid. It's free labor for SI, no labor for PFF.

If you watched GameDay, you watched the "E" side.

It's not all bad.
I dont watch.
Have seen.
Its on if others...who do watch...are watchers
Even record it if nick is gonna be on ...did see the guy calling the dogs
the other day....and then picking bama..( had others in house watching..ump)

Saturday mornings in fall are some of best times for outside stuff...
Enough sitting around tv ....for games ......all day

But espn shows....nah.....
Finebaum...nope

Their weekly grading system on college games/players is severely flawed. Fraud, in fact. They don't have the manpower to judge players when there are so many games played on a Saturday...with Friday and Thursday, and Wednesday, and now Tuesday games...

What's crazy? SI would be better at this considering the number of folks that write for them that aren't paid. It's free labor for SI, no labor for PFF.

I've taken my shots at them, for a couple of the same reasons, but I wouldn't characterize it as fraud. I think they are pretty open and transparent that the grading is their best subjective assessment, and being done so without knowing exact assignments. More importantly though, if it was all made up numbers, their house of cards would have fallen a while back. Instead, their data is used as a resource by pretty much every significant pro and college team out there. I've been told in the past that much more often than not, their numbers fall pretty well in line with the actual grades done by the teams. I know of a few in scouting circles who use them as a resource, with the understanding that they are just that, a resource. But I ain't looking to change any minds about them either.

Back
Top Bottom