I'm back

Hardkore

Crimson Freak
Well technically I never really went any where , just had some technical difficulties.

The other day I came online and couldn't post a reply or even start a "conversation". It wouldn't let me type anything. On top of that the drop down menu for the forums wouldn't drop down. I tried a couple of things that didn't work then sent a message to @Lance thru the RTB galleries. I think he referred it to @TerryP. I just saw an email in my spam folder (I'm guessing that was him) that gave me the idea to try a different browser. I usually use Firefox but am on I.E. right now and it seems to work for now.

Figure out what's wrong with FF, @Hardkore , and get the hell out of IE!

Just guessing here...but I'm wondering if either your extensions or add-ons somehow aren't communicating with the recent upgrade FF had when it moved from 29.0.0 to 29.0.1. (Why they changed their UI to look like Chrome is something I don't quite understand.)

I'd likely start with typing about:support in the browser window, and clicking reset FF.

@TerryP , I did some looking around the controls and found where it said something like "go to default mode". Since I wouldn't know too well where to start that seemed like a good place to go. I didn't realize it stripped out all the old files and left me where I needed to download FF again tho'. It worked simple enough that it updated FF in the process. It has a different look at the top that left me confused a little bit but found everything to the right instead of on the left.

Yeah, I figured that is what it was...going to the Chrome look. This was the first time I had seen it.

I'm not a big fan of the new layout but it's more about being used to the old than a complaint about the new.

One thing about Chrome...if you use an Android OS on a tablet or phone, using it (Chrome) on your computers sure makes finding something on your devices a lot easier. Maybe it's just my perception but Chrome seems to sync a lot more smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom