| LIFE If you could bring back one restaurant in your lifetime, what would it be?

I have to go to A&W, the root beer floats and fries, with truly flame broiled hamburgers.

Don't they still have some around? I honestly can't recall ever eating at one, but I'd see them from time to time when on the road somewhere.

As for me, I'll have to think on it... I could name 20, but you had to be an ass and limit it to 1... so I gotta figure that one out.

Either Walker's that was in Tarrant for years and years, the Blue House in Alabaster (went out of business right before I moved here in '97), or Cecil's that was in Alexander City before it burned down back in 2012.

Decision made.

Pete’s Famous Hot Dogs - The place was more than a tiny restaurant, it was an experience. In a cruel twist, maybe that’s why it’s best that it died with Gus… Without him, the experience would be incomplete. But I’ll still say it’s the one place I’d want back above all others. These Greek style hotdog sauce joints are literally a dying breed, and to have that one back… the King of them all… would be incredible.

I have another one, but it was close down because the name was raciest. The Wife and I would eat at this place at lest two three times a month. We were living in Columbus, Ga with I was stationed at Ft Benning. It was called Sambo,

Don't they still have some around? I honestly can't recall ever eating at one, but I'd see them from time to time when on the road somewhere.

As for me, I'll have to think on it... I could name 20, but you had to be an ass and limit it to 1... so I gotta figure that one out.
Yeah they still have several locations, although most have closed. The last one I’ve been to was at Pensacola NAS, a few years back (closed down now also).

Decision made.

Pete’s Famous Hot Dogs - The place was more than a tiny restaurant, it was an experience. In a cruel twist, maybe that’s why it’s best that it died with Gus… Without him, the experience would be incomplete. But I’ll still say it’s the one place I’d want back above all others. These Greek style hotdog sauce joints are literally a dying breed, and to have that one back… the King of them all… would be incredible.
Oh man. I have a #2 with Perfectly Frank's. Perry Cuda's place.

Back
Top Bottom