| FTBL If anyone wondered where we are defensively...

Re: Totally lost...

nightflight84 said:
Were totally lost and totally screwed..
As a Tide Fan i'am so disapointed right now..
And kicking a field goal when were down 38-31 and so close to the goal line late in the 4th quarter is total ''STUPID'',,,,

... :shock: :shock: :shock:

So stupid, that it won us the game. Yeah, real STUPID.

bear facts said:
Argo said:
One more thing to keep in mind is that Arky was able to pile some numbers up on our defense that came during 3 series by the offense that resulted in a fumble, interception and a 3 and out punt. Defense has ZERO rest and was pounded during that time.

We'll be fine on defense. We knew our offense was going to have to put up some big numbers this year in some games. We put up 41 when we needed it. Roll Tide!!!

I agree on all acounts, Argo. I'm really surprised that some folks are downing our defense. They spent a lot of time on the field the second half against a very physical Arkansas OL and backfield. And with Mustain going out with his injury, that surely didn't help a defense that already looked physically outmanned to begin with.

I witnessed a lot of heart and fight from our defense, and Bama players, who would get up and hustle to the play even after initially being knock downed. It has been a long time since I have seen our defense give the second and third efforts that they gave last night. They played hard and found a way to make the stop when it counted most.

They showed a lot of character in the face of adversity last night.

I'm suprised that you were able to read that first run-on sentence. :shock:

Sentence structure wasn't a high point for me last night. :lol:

our special teams are good they actual pooched it away from Arenas on kickoffs.

On the postgame radio show Saban said that we were putting the safety over the TE adn the lb's weere supposed to cove the middle and weakside cutback that is where they ran but out lb's kept overpursuing.

Argo said:
I'm suprised that you were able to read that first run-on sentence. :shock:

Sentence structure wasn't a high point for me last night. :lol:

LMAO! That was a marathon wasn't it? In my excitement I missed it too. Otherwise there would have been ribbing.

Argo said:
One more thing to keep in mind is that Arky was able to pile some numbers up on our defense that came during 3 series by the offense that resulted in a fumble, interception and a 3 and out punt. Defense has ZERO rest and was pounded during that time.

This pretty much explains it for me regarding the D's performance in the 3rd & 4th quarters. The O gift wrapped feild position & McFadden turned on his jet-pack...

This game should stress the importance of protecting the football w/o even emphasizing the concern about scoring turnovers.

porkchop said:
...tonight is a good indication.

A totally one-sided team that cannot pass the ball to save their life has tied it up early in the fourth 31-31.

We should all be a little concerned regarding our 8 and 9 win predictions on the season. Chances are we're going to run into real trouble in the next few weeks. Our defense just isn't there right now and the special teams are spotty in areas.

I know you posted this at a rough part of the game, but I can only respond in this way and I mean it with respect: If anyone wondered where we are defensively, the should look at the last defensive series. Our defense has a ton of heart.

When you got a one-two running back combo like Arkansas does and our defense wasn't getting that much rest and having a few injuries, things are bound to start turning ugly. Notice the START turning ugly part, because before Arkansas could put this win in their pockets, the DEFENSE stepped up like MEN and won the game for us. Huge win, huge game, and huge HOG roast!

ROLL DAMN TIDE BABY!

Look at what our defense did in the first half.

Now remember that we had 2 turnovers and that THE BEST BACK IN THE NATION (could play next Sunday) went into SUPERMAN mode when he was given opportunity after opportunity to take it to us.

This was huge game and we will see McFadden do a lot more this year.

Don't forget that Mustin was out since mid 2nd quarter. If we could have cut out the turnovers, and sustained a few clock-eating drives, I think the margin would have have been greater. The defense was out on the field virtually the entire 2nd half. With no depth, that was a killer. We all knew that we would give up some points this year, so we should not be surprised. Actually, YTD, the defense is much better than I thought it would be.

However, once again we learned some things that we will be working on again this week to improve. Let's just hope Stafford is off his game next week. :shock:

No defense in the country can stop McFadden. I thought we did pretty good against them considering our depth (not) and lack of experience. We're gonna back-slap UGA and FSU. Neither has an offense to speak of.

I, for one, am concerned about our defense. I will pat each one of them on the back for their effort Saturday and for showing a ton of heart on the last Arky drive. However, we cannot give up 2:00 drives for touchdowns when the other team is running the ball on every play. We didn't tackle McFadden for a loss all night. We didn't get a sack against one of the worst QB's in the SEC. These are not positives. I think the team will be fine. I think the D will improve week to week, but right now, we aren't a good defensive team.

porkchop said:

A totally one-sided team that cannot pass the ball to save their life has tied it up early in the fourth 31-31.

We should all be a little concerned regarding our 8 and 9 win predictions on the season. Chances are we're going to run into real trouble in the next few weeks. Our defense just isn't there right now and the special teams are spotty in areas.

I disagree. I thought Casey Dick did a good job keeping Bama honest. Plus how many teams have Mcfadden and Jones?

Bones82 said:
porkchop said:

I disagree. I thought Casey Dick did a good job keeping Bama honest. Plus how many teams have Mcfadden and Jones?

Teams don't have to have Jones and McFadden to run the ball effectively.

porkchop said:
Bones82 said:
porkchop said:

damn, chop whast gotten into you? its like u didnt even watch the same game we did? McFadden & Jones were held in check until the 2nd half and it really started after the offense turned the ball over twice quick and then a quick 3 and out. McFadden is a beast and he just simply ran our defense ragged. and no teams dont have to have Jones & McFadden to run the ball effectively but r u seriously able to say that, with a straight face, that didn't have ALOT to do with it? that might possibly be the best 1-2 tandem at Back the SEC has EVER seen. there is not another Back on our schedule or in the SEC at all that comes close to either McFadden OR Jones. there will not be another team to run it on us like that again. and Casey Dick had the game of his life, if not for that it wouldn't have mattered how many times McFadden got the ball.

No, you don't have to have those two backs to run the ball effectively, but I don't know of anyone else we will play other than LSU who can just line up, let you know what's coming and dare you to stop it. Georgia will have a solid running game, but not an overwhelming one. Unfortunately for us we can't zero in on their running game because Stafford would carve us up if we did.

I could be wrong, but I am encourgaed now that we are at least strong enough against the run that the rest of the world just won't be able to abuse us the way Arkansas did in the second half.

Birdman37 said:
porkchop said:
Bones82 said:
porkchop said:

damn, chop whast gotten into you? its like u didnt even watch the same game we did? McFadden & Jones were held in check until the 2nd half and it really started after the offense turned the ball over twice quick and then a quick 3 and out. McFadden is a beast and he just simply ran our defense ragged. and no teams dont have to have Jones & McFadden to run the ball effectively but r u seriously able to say that, with a straight face, that didn't have ALOT to do with it? that might possibly be the best 1-2 tandem at Back the SEC has EVER seen. there is not another Back on our schedule or in the SEC at all that comes close to either McFadden OR Jones. there will not be another team to run it on us like that again. and Casey Dick had the game of his life, if not for that it wouldn't have mattered how many times McFadden got the ball.

Bird, I think you're reading a little too much into my posts. All I did earlier was respond to the statement that teams don't need McFadden and Jones to run the ball effectively. I'm not sure why that statement would be debateble to anyone?

ijijmijij said:
I think we'll see Arkansas whooping some tail throughout the rest of the season. They should be in the top 25 easy.

Could be wrong I suppose.

They're a hard team for me to gauge. They have a dynamic duo but are lacking at QB. Or have been. Dick may have turned the corner now who knows?

I can't believe I just said something about a Dick turning a corner.

Their defense will have to improve some if the pasing game does not. They will win some games but I'm just not sure how many.

Back
Top Bottom