| FTBL If anyone wondered where we are defensively...

Re: Totally lost...

nightflight84 said:
Were totally lost and totally screwed..
As a Tide Fan i'am so disapointed right now..
And kicking a field goal when were down 38-31 and so close to the goal line late in the 4th quarter is total ''STUPID'',,,,

Seriously guy, you're lucky that you have been taken apart already(and I don't mean by the RTB staff). You have picked the wrong place to ***** and moan. This may seem like I'm flaming you but I promise, it's only a warning of things to come.

We won!! Be happy!! Roll Tide!!

I think what hurt us on Defense was when Mustin went down. We were doing a pretty good job of holding them up too that point.

No doubt McFadden is a BEAST. He should definitely win the heisman, but I think D.J. Hall made a good statement himself.

tidenumber1 said:
I think what hurt us on Defense was when Mustin went down. We were doing a pretty good job of holding them up too that point.

No doubt McFadden is a BEAST. He should definitely win the heisman, but I think D.J. Hall made a good statement himself.

Speaking of Hall, what did he do to piss off Saban on the fg drive late in the 4th??

As Coach Saban said in the post game interview - You play all 60 minutes of the game! He goes on 4th & 6th and doesn't make it - attitudes could be very different and we also know that, if we get the ball back, we are playing for OT. We played to win and did....its been far too long for that philosophy. One other point on Saban's post game radio interview - He is the most gracious coach thanking fans for support. Lets keep it loud and classy at every game! ROLL TIDE ROLL!

comin from chop that original post is surprising. yea they're one dimensional for the most part but when u have McFadden and Jones back there. that defense was run ragged esspecially when we turned it over twice in the 2nd half. Casey Dick made some good throws in the 2nd half. that defense has heart, i dont give a shit what nobody thinks. pardon my french.

Argo said:
tidenumber1 said:

Speaking of Hall, what did he do to piss off Saban on the fg drive late in the 4th??

he didnt do anything. Saban said on postgame he aggrivated his quad but talked to the coaches into gettin back in on the last drive.

Birdman37 said:
Argo said:
tidenumber1 said:

he didnt do anything. Saban said on postgame he aggrivated his quad but talked to the coaches into gettin back in on the last drive.

The only thing that made me think differently was Saban holding Grant out of a few drives last week against Vandy. Glad to see Hall isn't seriously hurt though.

BamaDelta said:
five4tide said:
Im glad on Arkansas last possesion that Nutt decided to pass on 3rd down. It was incomplete and stopped the clock. Had he run it and punted.......who knows.
Great win. This has turned out to be a very exciting series between the Tide and the Hogs.
ROLL TIDE !

That play was the difference in the clock. No way we have the time if they ran it. Also, the refs stopping to measure the gain on the 5 or so was a total gift of clock stoppage. :)

We also got a gift with the pass interference call. That was a ticky-tack call.

But there was another play in the game where Arkansas clearly interfered with our receiver, and it didn't get called. We ended up having to punt on that drive.

bamatommy said:
BamaDelta said:
five4tide said:
Im glad on Arkansas last possesion that Nutt decided to pass on 3rd down. It was incomplete and stopped the clock. Had he run it and punted.......who knows.
Great win. This has turned out to be a very exciting series between the Tide and the Hogs.
ROLL TIDE !

That play was the difference in the clock. No way we have the time if they ran it. Also, the refs stopping to measure the gain on the 5 or so was a total gift of clock stoppage. :)

We also got a gift with the pass interference call. That was a ticky-tack call.

But there was another play in the game where Arkansas clearly interfered with our receiver, and it didn't get called. We ended up having to punt on that drive.

im not to sure but the one ur talking about i think was either on that TD drive at the end or the FG drive before. but i wouldn't exactly call that pass interference in the end zone ticky tacky, he clearly had ahold of Keith Brown's arm.

bamaupsman said:
It really feels good to win one like that. Been what, a decade since we won a tight one like that?

How about two years ago against Tennessee and Roman Harper's infamous "Boom" hit? It just seems like it has been a decade. :wink:

Or the Cotton Bowl against Texas Tech.

Then again there was the Ole Miss win last year that nearly wasn't.

But I agree, this comeback win was special.

bear facts said:
bamaupsman said:
It really feels good to win one like that. Been what, a decade since we won a tight one like that?

How about two years ago against Tennessee and Roman Harper's infamous "Boom" hit? It just seems like it has been a decade. :wink:

Or the Cotton Bowl against Texas Tech.

Then again there was the Ole Miss win last year that nearly wasn't.

But I agree, this comeback win was special.

Well, we were tied in those games before we won.

This is the first time we've come from behind to win since....well....maybe during Fran's years? I know(along with the entire freaking nation) that we never came from behind to win a game in the 4th while Shula was here.

I'm not so sure our defense has some major problems. We have to keep in mind Arkansas has arguably the best running game in the nation, besides maybe Clemson. I'll feel better when I see some other SEC offenses against our defense, but next week IMO, will tell us something. Georgia's offense is slightly above average at best and if they score easily on our defense, that will be a major tell.

So let's not worry so much about the defense sucking. Lets just wait and see if McFadden and Arkansas was just that good on Offense.

Tider 27 said:
I'm not so sure our defense has some major problems. We have to keep in mind Arkansas has arguably the best running game in the nation, besides maybe Clemson. I'll feel better when I see some other SEC offenses against our defense, but next week IMO, will tell us something. Georgia's offense is slightly above average at best and if they score easily on our defense, that will be a major tell.

So let's not worry so much about the defense sucking. Lets just wait and see if McFadden and Arkansas was just that good on Offense.

One more thing to keep in mind is that Arky was able to pile some numbers up on our defense that came during 3 series by the offense that resulted in a fumble, interception and a 3 and out punt. Defense has ZERO rest and was pounded during that time.

We'll be fine on defense. We knew our offense was going to have to put up some big numbers this year in some games. We put up 41 when we needed it. Roll Tide!!!

Cannot forget all the quick scores our offense had, and how much our d was on the field the entire game. At the time of the fumbled snap in the 3rd quarter our d needed a rest....down hill from there cause Mcfadden was running like a Rhino....he also paid with a concussion(or so is the word)

Re: Totally lost...

nightflight84 said:
Were totally lost and totally screwed..
As a Tide Fan i'am so disapointed right now..
And kicking a field goal when were down 38-31 and so close to the goal line late in the 4th quarter is total ''STUPID'',,,,

"STUPID" is your post. At that point you need two scores to win. It doesn't make any difference in which order that you get them.

i was concerned about our D after the game last night, but not after i thought about it. none of the remaining teams have an offense like arky. McHeisman is unreal and i hope he turns pro this year. Roll Tide

rollie36477 said:
i was concerned about our D after the game last night, but not after i thought about it. none of the remaining teams have an offense like arky. McHeisman is unreal and i hope he turns pro this year. Roll Tide

You're right about one thing. Most of the remaining teams don't have an offense like Arky's. Most of the remaining teams actually pass it as well as run it.

Saban was quoted after the game that our defense didn't do certain things in the game that they were supposed to do. Don't know what it was. Was anyone as surprised as I was the number of times we allowed Ark. runners to turn the corner and get up field when it looked like our players had the right angle and pursuit? Were their backs just that fast or could it be poor execution on our part?

Argo said:
Tider 27 said:

One more thing to keep in mind is that Arky was able to pile some numbers up on our defense that came during 3 series by the offense that resulted in a fumble, interception and a 3 and out punt. Defense has ZERO rest and was pounded during that time.

We'll be fine on defense. We knew our offense was going to have to put up some big numbers this year in some games. We put up 41 when we needed it. Roll Tide!!!

I agree on all acounts, Argo. I'm really surprised that some folks are downing our defense. They spent a lot of time on the field the second half against a very physical Arkansas OL and backfield. And with Mustain going out with his injury, that surely didn't help a defense that already looked physically outmanned to begin with.

I witnessed a lot of heart and fight from our defense, and Bama players, who would get up and hustle to the play even after initially being knock downed. It has been a long time since I have seen our defense give the second and third efforts that they gave last night. They played hard and found a way to make the stop when it counted most.

They showed a lot of character in the face of adversity last night.

Back
Top Bottom