| FTBL I know some of you guys don't like Pat McAfee. But. Here I am again, laughing at the way he trolled UGA on GameDay.

Somewhat, I will read the news every now and then, but some from google are outdated and keep popping up.
What's New is going to show you everything. It's just a sleeker version of the page I built years ago with vBulletin when we had one main page, then there were football, basketball, and recruiting pages as well.

Now that's done with prefix filtering. IF you click on the football prefix, every other sport disappears. If you click on TV/Movies, all the political threads disappear.

You've seen articles that were published on one day then updated a week later. Maybe it's a typo they correct or something along those lines. Any time an article is updated, no matter it's original published date, google's bots see it as new content. There's nothing I know to do to correct that problem.

There is third party software available where I could pull from specific sites, on specific times. It's not open source.

Do not watch the show. I assume CNS is on his show because it is popular with the younger crowd which means he does this for recruiting.

That and.... he's paid.
We've seen and heard the "Saban doesn't like the media" line for years now. And, to a degree that's true. He doesn't like beat writers speaking in hypotheticals and he doesn't like some of the drivel we've all heard in the form of questions.

BUT, there are two different sides to Saban here If you put him with guys who want to talk about football, coaching, and the like he's in his element. With Hawk and McAfee, he's talking with two football guys: not two pundits.

We've seen and heard the "Saban doesn't like the media" line for years now. And, to a degree that's true. He doesn't like beat writers speaking in hypotheticals and he doesn't like some of the drivel we've all heard in the form of questions.

BUT, there are two different sides to Saban here If you put him with guys who want to talk about football, coaching, and the like he's in his element. With Hawk and McAfee, he's talking with two football guys: not two pundits.

I've noticed this and makes sense why he has done the Playoff show appearances when Alabama hasn't been in.

Or, are you talking about the suggested thread feeds that pop up.

I don't know exactly what you're talking about here, Kirk
Its not the design thats irking me, I was going through all the news bot stuff and more than not there were google news feeds that were popping up dating from 2020 to earlier in the year, Tuesday around 4;22 , I will get over it. LOL

Its not the design thats irking me, I was going through all the news bot stuff and more than not there were google news feeds that were popping up dating from 2020 to earlier in the year, Tuesday around 4;22 , I will get over it. LOL
You reminded me of @It Takes Eleven not liking the Twitter bot when I had that feed running to a forum all the time.

I do need to find a way to refine that bot...those bots. There is A LOT about our new host and software I need to learn. I haven't had, or devoted, the time. The last time I got into a software discussion with someone (about live threads) I called him "the Nancy Pelosi's of developers." Buy it, then see how it works. At that point I figured it was time to back away for a bit...

As soon as the vaca hits I'm sure I'll get back into something here...that might be a good place to start.

You reminded me of @It Takes Eleven not liking the Twitter bot when I had that feed running to a forum all the time.

I do need to find a way to refine that bot...those bots. There is A LOT about our new host and software I need to learn. I haven't had, or devoted, the time. The last time I got into a software discussion with someone (about live threads) I called him "the Nancy Pelosi's of developers." Buy it, then see how it works. At that point I figured it was time to back away for a bit...

As soon as the vaca hits I'm sure I'll get back into something here...that might be a good place to start.
Its all-good man. If the site gets any revenue from this, I can deal with it.

Prime example of Coach in his element and comfortable talking to the media types, was his post game that He and Jalen did with the SEC Network crew. When Roman Harper asked what changes were made for us to be successful and win, the flood gates of knowledge just opened up. Laura Rutledge might have been lost, but Tebow and Rodgers were all in their element.

Yeah, and I'm not sure Saban would have agreed to do it 10-15 years ago... but like on the field, he's evolved in some way with the media too (partly due to advice from others, I'm sure). I still say the McAfee segments would be much better if it was just Pat and AJ Hawk asking the questions... I admittedly haven't watched the last 3 or 4 of them, but those other guys still hadn't figured out what kinds of questions Saban likes and hates. They were wasting air time.

I love Pat…I think he’s funny, got great timing & def added a ton of entertainment to the show. Herbie and Dez are fine doing the analysis so they didn’t need Pollack. Corso is the mascot reveal at this point. Bringing in Pat was brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom