| FTBL Did Kirk Herbstreit, Pat McAfee just reveal College GameDay headed to Alabama-Texas?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Did Kirk Herbstreit, Pat McAfee just reveal College GameDay headed to Alabama-Texas?

Pat McAfee announced Monday that the first live “Pat McAfee Show” to take place on a college campus the college football season will be Friday, Sept. 8 in Tuscaloosa ahead of Texas visiting Alabama.

“Obviously, we will be doing our show down there Friday, setting up for the simulcast,” McAfee said. “We do not know if ‘GameDay’ is going to be there. I might be living like Kirk Herbstreit. We might be doing show, then fly, then back and then back, and do the whole thing. Friday, we will be live in Alabama before Texas and Alabama on Saturday.”

Typically, McAfee’s show broadcast from the same location as College GameDay during the season.

“We know,” Herbstreit said, “that not only will you be covering it, that is, I think, an ESPN prime-time game, I think,” Herbstreit said, adding it was either ESPN or ABC.

Definitely, McAfee replied.

“I would think GameDay - I haven’t heard anything - but I would think it’s a fairly big game,” Herbstreit said. “I would probably think GameDay would end up there.”

McAfee called him on the statement and asked if he was breaking news.

Herbstreit - with two hands up - said, “I’m not breaking anything. Just saying looking at the schedule, I would think there is a decent chance we’d be there. There are some good games that week.”

Back
Top Bottom