| FTBL I have not been this excited about an upcomming season...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
I

imported_Porter

since probably 1999. I was excited about the 2000 season too, but with Shaun and Big Sam gone, I wasn't as excited as I was about the '99 season. I'm NOT predicting 1999 type success from this team in 2008, but it is nice knowing that this squad has a ton of great young talent which will be the driving force behind a fierce team in the very near future. I look forward to watching these kids develop, and watching more players brought into the program that are of the same caliber every February. For the first time since Coach Stallings retired, we are in good hands with a proven winner AND we have a team sprinkled with talented playmakers. I think the Tide is still a season or two away from hitting on all cylinders and having top shelf depth at every position, but it is going to be fun to watch this ascension back to the top of the college football world unfold. I for one, am ready for it to begin, with that kickoff against Clemson.

That enthusiasm fires me up Porter.

Now, we only need that banner season, and I think that will come next fall. :p

I read SI's columnist Stewart Mandel last sunday, and he said this (talking about potential sleepers and busts):

Three That Could End Up In The Top 15
3) Alabama. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: In Saban, I trust. Yes, the Tide lost to Louisiana-Monroe last year. Yes, seemingly half their roster has been either injured or arrested this offseason. Still, I can't shake the feeling that Nick Saban will do exactly what he did in Year 2 at LSU: Throw a handful of his most touted freshmen on the field, turn up the intensity on defense and churn out nine or 10 wins.

RTR,

This time of the year always does it to me. Cool weather and football = happiness.
I'm going to enjoy this season to the fullest.
We'll be better than a lot of folks think too!

I feel the same feelings Porter. I was kinda hesitant about getting excited about the freshman coming in, but from all accounts that I have heard, they have lived up to thier billing so far...even though it is just practice.

The Vols fans up here in TN are going just as crazy...I wore a Alabama T-Shirt to a bar the other night. But I had about 20 "F-Bama" comes my way, and then I had about 20 people who appreciated the shirt come up and give me a Roll Tide or talk about the new Freshman...and about half of the later 20 were girls too, so it worked out well.

Re: I have not been this excited about an upcomming season..

Porter said:
since probably 1999. I was excited about the 2000 season too, but with Shaun and Big Sam gone, I wasn't as excited as I was about the '99 season. I'm NOT predicting 1999 type success from this team in 2008, but it is nice knowing that this squad has a ton of great young talent which will be the driving force behind a fierce team in the very near future. I look forward to watching these kids develop, and watching more players brought into the program that are of the same caliber every February. For the first time since Coach Stallings retired, we are in good hands with a proven winner AND we have a team sprinkled with talented playmakers. I think the Tide is still a season or two away from hitting on all cylinders and having top shelf depth at every position, but it is going to be fun to watch this ascension back to the top of the college football world unfold. I for one, am ready for it to begin, with that kickoff against Clemson.

Well put Porter. I can't wait for the season to begin. I just know we will compete and that makes me fired up. I am like you. I still think we are a little bit away but we have not had play makers like we have on campus now in quite some time.

BamaFan615 said:
I feel the same feelings Porter. I was kinda hesitant about getting excited about the freshman coming in, but from all accounts that I have heard, they have lived up to thier billing so far...even though it is just practice.

The Vols fans up here in TN are going just as crazy...I wore a Alabama T-Shirt to a bar the other night. But I had about 20 "F-Bama" comes my way, and then I had about 20 people who appreciated the shirt come up and give me a Roll Tide or talk about the new Freshman...and about half of the later 20 were girls too, so it worked out well.

Nice...I bet that's when you received a majority of the "F-Bama" comments.

I feel sick. :wink:

And BTW referring to Mandel's comments I thought Elder and Johns were the only arrests of the offseason....hardly half the team. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom