| FTBL I am transferring to Bama!

Sqidze

Hey I am transferring to Bama from U of Missouri. I am really excited, so much so that I am becoming obsessed. The thing is, is that I don't really know anything about Alabama football, or any other sport for that matter. I know that it is kind of a really big deal down there and you all won 12 national championships, but other than that, I don't know much. Is there anything that I need to know? Or better yet are there any websites out there that I have some good info on the history and this years team? Thanks a bunch!

PS, sorry I am sure this is an annoying post, but I am really excited!!

Sqidze said:
Hey I am transferring to Bama from U of Missouri. I am really excited, so much so that I am becoming obsessed. The thing is, is that I don't really know anything about Alabama football, or any other sport for that matter. I know that it is kind of a really big deal down there and you all won 12 national championships, but other than that, I don't know much. Is there anything that I need to know? Or better yet are there any websites out there that I have some good info on the history and this years team? Thanks a bunch!

If you don't mind me asking, what is bringing you to The University of Alabama?

Here is this year's football media guide... you can find all kinds of info in it. http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/alab/graphics/2008-fball-guide.pdf

You can probably find one on ebay for pretty cheap.

If you haven't been to the campus yet, I'd highly suggest doing so soon. You can schedule a tour of the campus, get a good feel for what all the university offers, and of course tour the Bryant Museum where you could soak in some of the history of the football program.

bama33-1.gif

I am going to Alabama because originally when I was looking for schools my senior year in high school I really wanted to go to a southern school and of all the schools I looked at I really liked Alabama the most, but I was going to study journalism, and Mizzou has the top J-school so I go there now. I am switching my major to business and I never really forgot about Alabama so my parents gave me the OK to head on down to Tuscaloosa. I hope to visit the campus sometime soon and I will definitely stop by the Bryant Museum!

Sqidze said:
I am going to Alabama because originally when I was looking for schools my senior year in high school I really wanted to go to a southern school and of all the schools I looked at I really liked Alabama the most, but I was going to study journalism, and Mizzou has the top J-school so I go there now. I am switching my major to business and I never really forgot about Alabama so my parents gave me the OK to head on down to Tuscaloosa. I hope to visit the campus sometime soon and I will definitely stop by the Bryant Museum!

Good deal. UA has an awesome business school. You are coming here at a good time too. Not just for the obvious reason of the football team being back where they belong, but the school itself is flourishing with upgrades and enrollment. The University President, Dr. Witt, is one of the best in the nation IMO.

Sqidze said:

Are you a basketball fan? :shock:

We have football and the Waysider.

Welcome to the family. Alabama has a great campus with an explosive atmosphere on gameday. As soon as you get settled in and get used to things you will begin to love it. Hope to see you their, I also plan to transfer next fall to take business.

I spent 6 years at the Capstone and hold 2 degrees. In my humble opinion, there is no better academic institution in the southern U.S. (and the gals ain't too shabby neither...picked me up a M R S from that joint too!) :D

Welcome to the forum and family. Alabama also has the top communications school in the nation as well. I am a PR major so I don't know the exact ranking for journalism, but Bama has the second best PR program in the entire country(behind Syracuse). I know that the University of Missouri and Alabama are the only two cumpuses in the entire country that have their own TV station on campus. The business school is pretty good too :p

I am actually good friends with one of Wingo's friends from high school and from what he says, Wingo is waiting for his fathers approval to head to Columbia. It would be nice to have at least someone else from St. Louis down there!

Sqidze said:

My advice to you young man is to drink plenty of Alcohol! And support the TIDE in all you do! :lol:

You do have some homework to do. You see that think here is that most of the ladies will know more about football then guys from other schools. Its a culture thing, and really cool :D .

You will find that most colleges all do the same general things, just in their own ways. I call it a school's favor. The same goes for the school's sports teams. As for Bama's flavor, well, generations continue to return every year so I guess you can say it is addictive.

Some schools refer to their following and "the ____ Nation". Take note that we call ourselves the Alabama Family. That is because Family is a better descriptor. You will grow to appreciate it.

By the way, welcome to the Family. Roll Tide!

Back
Top Bottom