| NEWS How much do concessions cost at an Alabama basketball game? Hint: It’s a lot - AL.com

So get this... I go to the baseball game today and buy a $10 soft drink on the way to my seat. Unlike any other sport, hard for me to sit though a baseball game without a drink to sip, so I almost always buy one. Anyway, had to leave in the 7th to run home before going back to the basketball game... drink was mostly empty other than the ice but I took it with me. I walk out the gate, and the ticket lady chases me down and shouts... "Sir, sir, you can't leave with that!" I would have assumed she was talking to someone else and kept walking, but I was the only one around. So, I turn around confused as hell, and she's pointing and telling me I can't leave with my drink. Dumbfounded, I toss my drink in the trash can outside the gates and ask her if it's cool if I leave at that point. She grants her permission, and I'm off to my truck. I'm still perplexed.
That's ridiculous.

So get this... I go to the baseball game today and buy a $10 soft drink on the way to my seat. Unlike any other sport, hard for me to sit though a baseball game without a drink to sip, so I almost always buy one. Anyway, had to leave in the 7th to run home before going back to the basketball game... drink was mostly empty other than the ice but I took it with me. I walk out the gate, and the ticket lady chases me down and shouts... "Sir, sir, you can't leave with that!" I would have assumed she was talking to someone else and kept walking, but I was the only one around. So, I turn around confused as hell, and she's pointing and telling me I can't leave with my drink. Dumbfounded, I toss my drink in the trash can outside the gates and ask her if it's cool if I leave at that point. She grants her permission, and I'm off to my truck. I'm still perplexed.
Your belligerence is duly noted. You probably don't realize how closed to getting tazed you came. 😉
😉 :p

Is this a new rule? You can't take anything in, and you can't take anything out?

That's ridiculous.
Maybe not.
Is this a new rule? You can't take anything in, and you can't take anything out?
Probably. Remember, alcohol sales have just recently been approved for The Joe and Rhoads. This sounds like a bit of a "infrastructure" mishap being the first weekend series at home. It would be against stadium policies to take an alcoholic beverage outside the facilities. A lot like taking a drink out of a bar on your way home.

@Brandon Van de Graaff were you in club seating yesterday? I saw you were on the first base side and high enough.

I'm wondering if there's a reason the lady may have thought you were taking a mixed drink out of the stadium. 🤷‍♂️ (This is why you should always drink straight from the mini-bottles.)

Maybe not.

Probably. Remember, alcohol sales have just recently been approved for The Joe and Rhoads. This sounds like a bit of a "infrastructure" mishap being the first weekend series at home. It would be against stadium policies to take an alcoholic beverage outside the facilities. A lot like taking a drink out of a bar on your way home.

@Brandon Van de Graaff were you in club seating yesterday? I saw you were on the first base side and high enough.

I'm wondering if there's a reason the lady may have thought you were taking a mixed drink out of the stadium. 🤷‍♂️ (This is why you should always drink straight from the mini-bottles.)

I was gonna ask if they sold alcohol at events outside of football. If that's the case I understand. It sucks if you pay for a Coke and can't do what you want with it, but I understand the responsibility part on their behalf.

Your belligerence is duly noted. You probably don't realize how closed to getting tazed you came. 😉
😉 :p

It was an older lady and I wasn't going to give her grief since I didn't care either way. Had I just bought it for the sole reason of taking with me, she'd have been out of luck.

Wasn't in the club seating. The alcohol thing is the only thing I could figure, but it still doesn't make sense unless like you said there's a disconnect going on somewhere...

Pl
It was an older lady and I wasn't going to give her grief since I didn't care either way. Had I just bought it for the sole reason of taking with me, she'd have been out of luck.

Wasn't in the club seating. The alcohol thing is the only thing I could figure, but it still doesn't make sense unless like you said there's a disconnect going on somewhere...

Plus people just doing what they are told to do. 80/20 stuff

Sometimes hou just laugh and move on

Never underestimate granny.
:)

When we take a souvenir cup with us from football games, they make you show it's eampty as you're leaving the stadium, it's been that way for years. The more I think about it, it only happens when I take the stairs - which means I'm mingling with luxury box patrons - so perhaps it's a no alcohol to go rule that drives it.

RTR,

Tim

I was curious ... movie versus Coleman.

LG Popcorn vs Souvenir Popcorn (LG) + $7.00
Small popcorn: + $.75
Hot Dog: + $.50
Chili Cheese Fries: + $5.00
Cheeseburger: + $5.50

$6.00 for a lg soda (fountain) or a bottled soda...'bout the same.

They're getting their money off the meals. Coleman's most expensive item is the chicken and cheese quesadilla; $15.50. I can pick up the same from a great Mexican place for $9.00.

Now, do sports bars. 🙃

When we take a souvenir cup with us from football games, they make you show it's eampty as you're leaving the stadium, it's been that way for years. The more I think about it, it only happens when I take the stairs - which means I'm mingling with luxury box patrons - so perhaps it's a no alcohol to go rule that drives it.

RTR,

Tim

Never heard of such until now. I've taken an untold number of cups (both filled and not) out of football (including the Zone), basketball, baseball, and softball games over the years. I guess The Man (old lady in this instance) finally caught up to me.

332000679_747257287078309_5165184348552638910_n.jpg

332153626_3011934685768530_6226272628912067712_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/rararuss?_...1QAtNGYKOTn-jUJiQB3eInEoEx7&[B]tn[/B]=<,P-y-R
Levy is the concessions group out of Chicago (not local) that runs the University of Alabama Athletics concessions at Alabama Men's Basketball and Alabama Gymnastics and they, along with the UA athletic department, set the RIDICULOUS prices we've started seeing! al.com did a great expose last week! Eat at home before or after games unless you want to go broke! #RollTide

Back
Top Bottom