| NEWS How much do concessions cost at an Alabama basketball game? Hint: It’s a lot - AL.com

Eat before or after!!!

This is the path. Not only will it save you money (in most cases), you'll get much better food. More importantly, IMO, you're not missing any action (which is why you are at the game in the first place) or having to stand in any long, slow moving lines then having to deal with eating/drinking in a usually cramped seat/row.

I'm holding out hope that when the contract runs out with Levy, that Byrne will go with a different model. If the fan experience is truly the top priority (which we know it isn't, money is), a change would be made that gets away from Disney prices. And they really need value menu items (hotdogs, popcorn, small drinks, candy, etc) for $2 bucks or less at baseball, softball, and gymnastics marketed toward the kids.

I probably should’ve said it that way!! Nothing like IHOP after a late game!
@Brandon Van de Graaff I hope that Byrne would talk with those that run MB in Atlanta!! I know the article was using MB as a comparison due more to proximity, but they have good food at prices that don’t break your account!!

@SnakeDoc well, we are already getting gouged on tickets and if Byrne wants to keep asses in seats, there has got to be some give. Arthur Blank did exactly that. Problem he has now, is the product on the field sucks!!
The athletic department only cares about wins and $.

And sometimes I wonder about which order those two should be.

I probably should’ve said it that way!! Nothing like IHOP after a late game!
@Brandon Van de Graaff I hope that Byrne would talk with those that run MB in Atlanta!! I know the article was using MB as a comparison due more to proximity, but they have good food at prices that don’t break your account!!
You Damn high rolling spenders with your IHOPs...us lowly's stuck with the Waffle House...(only thing open back in the day when the bars closed).
:p 😉

So get this... I go to the baseball game today and buy a $10 soft drink on the way to my seat. Unlike any other sport, hard for me to sit though a baseball game without a drink to sip, so I almost always buy one. Anyway, had to leave in the 7th to run home before going back to the basketball game... drink was mostly empty other than the ice but I took it with me. I walk out the gate, and the ticket lady chases me down and shouts... "Sir, sir, you can't leave with that!" I would have assumed she was talking to someone else and kept walking, but I was the only one around. So, I turn around confused as hell, and she's pointing and telling me I can't leave with my drink. Dumbfounded, I toss my drink in the trash can outside the gates and ask her if it's cool if I leave at that point. She grants her permission, and I'm off to my truck. I'm still perplexed.

Back
Top Bottom