| FTBL How much better would we be if we still had Prothro?

Swamptick

Verified Member
With the way JPW and DJ Hall are playing...how much more dynamic would our offense be with #4?

Would one player make a difference in the games we have lost? We have lost only by a combined 3 scores and all of them late in the game.

Thoughts?

rammajamma said:
If we had Prothro, we may very well be undefeated right now.

Alabama may even an NFL team had Prothro not been injured. :roll:

Sorry, but these speculative posts that don't even qualify as hypothetical situations baffle me. Are there not enough legitimate topics of discussion surrounding Alabama football that we have to resort to these topics?

I guess if people want to make this a topic of discussion this will end up being a ten-page thread, but to me it's as silly a question as "What would our record be under Shula?" Pointless.

Carry on, wayward sons.

I just thought it was interesting food for thought. There is PLENTY of speculation on ALL forums. 'Who is going to win this', 'What offense do you think will show up today'..etc etc. I think this is as valid a speculation as any.

Consider the attention DJ Hall gets from opposing defenses. How much more difficult would it be to have to plan for both? Not to mention the fact that we have other good reviecers too?

Saying that this is pointless speculation is to me not valid because half of all forums are full of speculation, prognostication and guesswork.

Swamptick said:
I just thought it was interesting food for thought. There is PLENTY of speculation on ALL forums. 'Who is going to win this', 'What offense do you think will show up today'..etc etc. I think this is as valid a speculation as any.

Consider the attention DJ Hall gets from opposing defenses. How much more difficult would it be to have to plan for both? Not to mention the fact that we have other good reviecers too?

Saying that this is pointless speculation is to me not valid because half of all forums are full of speculation, prognostication and guesswork.

I actually said a similar thing after the TN game. The only thing that would have been better would have to have seen both DJ and Pro out there and the TN defense doubly clueless. Of course, I am more than a little biased! It’s good to see the WR’s trying to catch balls…actually stretching it out to try and make a play. That is exciting to me.

Swamptick said:
With the way JPW and DJ Hall are playing...how much more dynamic would our offense be with #4?

Would one player make a difference in the games we have lost? We have lost only by a combined 3 scores and all of them late in the game.

Thoughts?

Prothro was a great receiver it was devastating when he was injured. It would be hard to cover DJ Hall and Prothro together. You would have half of the defense scattered to stop those 2.. but I do not think it would be such a big impact that we would be playing for the SEC championship

We have plenty of great receivers now that can make big plays as well...but without a protected quarterback, what good is another receiver?

IMO missing 5 players makes a big difference especially 2-3 starters.

Kind of a open-ended question full of possibilities. Kind of like saying "what would it be like if we had Bobby Humphrey all over again". Rush for 3,420 yards? Sure, no problem coach. Catch 60 passes for 500+ yards? No sweat coach. Score me 40! You got it!

Prothro was a great kid and I truly hate what happened to him. His career is done because of a bone-headed decision of the then current UA staff to keep him in the game when we certainly didn't need him in it. It just leaves a bad aroma in the air from the Shula years and I try my best to put those years behind me, with respect to the players of course.

That kid was pure talent! He was like an NFL receiver on the field.

I hated so badly to see him get injured. Not just for the team's sake, but for his also. Great receiver.

I hate to post this but IMO if Pro had not got hurt CMS would have won enough games to still be around for 1 or 2 more years and we would still be a second rate SEC team instead of a up and coming team thats just my thoughts

SundayGun said:
If pro had never gotten hurt wouldn't he have already graduated by now?
Kinda what I was thinking.

So we would really be 'looking down the barrel of a gun' regarding the death penalty for knowingly and willingly playing an ineligible player.

Back
Top Bottom