| FTBL Here we go

RollTideinGA

Proud Bama Grad
So I'm reading this article about trench warfare on AJC.com.

Attending a funeral
Alabama strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran’s high-energy histrionics might have gotten him into the middle of a minor controversy. A microphone on a video camera at practice this week picked up Cochran telling the team during warmups that the Bulldogs “are wearing black because they’re going to a (hyphenated-expletive) funeral.” It’s at about the 1:04 mark on the video here at YouTube if you care to listen to such a thing. Not that big a deal to me because I’ve heard all sorts of off-color things uttered on practice fields. But you can bet it will make Georgia’s bulletin board. Or should that be “bulletin video player?” …

I was thinking this was gonna be a great game. Now I'm having visions of Pat Dye and "manhood" from the '02 game. Can we have one game where some writer or fan doesnt take a line from a practice field or player interview and try to make it something else? Geez, I wish they would ban cameras and mics from practice fields. I also wish the coaches would exclude players from press conferences before games. Can we just line up and play some ball? Why does it have to be about him making fun of our shirts, why is this dried up old coach questioning our manhood, why is Javy saying this or Krauss saying that. :roll:

Not that it matters, and I wouldn't care either way, but Cochran wasn't saying it to the team. He was saying it to Saban as he walked by him. If any team members heard him, it was no more than a dozen or so. But, that version isn't very interesting.

As for UGA, I wish I had their address, I'd send them an additional bulletin board to fill up. One of those big ones like a kindergarten class uses.

If UGA is watching our practice videos doesn't that mean they are cheating? lol Saban should have shut down practices like Richt did last year.

Bama Bo said:
I've watched 4 or 5 times, and I still can't hear it when he says it. :?

If you're watching the one from tidesports, you won't hear it. They edited it out :roll: .

You can hear it fairly well on any of the unedited ones on youtbue. Just turn the volume up around the 1:00 mark and listen. He says it as walking backwards facing CNS as Porter mentioned.

Personally, I loved seeing the vid.

Nate said:
If UGA is watching our practice videos doesn't that mean they are cheating? lol Saban should have shut down practices like Richt did last year.

They are stretching and doing warm-ups. It'll be OK. cool8)

Nate said:

They are stretching and doing warm-ups. It'll be OK. cool8)
i know... I was only joking :lol:

I thought the video was great too

shipley00 said:
If the idiot fans go with this, I can just laugh it off. If Richt tries to make a big deal out of this, especially after the kindness Saban showed him, I will be disappointed.

He hasn't made a big deal about it, but he has made a snide comment towards the funeral bit. He also made a comment about Javy's highlights a few minutes after the funeral bit.

Back
Top Bottom