| FTBL Harsin is out at Auburn

Absent some gross misbehavior on his part, I've never seen much point to firing a coach during the season. I suppose the hope is that the team may rally under an interim, but it always comes off appearing as if the powers-that-be are just throwing a juvenile tantrum.
True, and if the team does rally and do well under the interim - and he’s not your first choice - you have to deal with groundswell fan and team support and having the decision taken from you.

Harsin gets $15 million to hit the road and half to come within 30 days. Harsin was a “dead man walking” basically from day one in all honesty. An AD that the PTB didn’t want, hires him and he was on borrowed time at that point. Honestly, I think they pulled the trigger now because their #1 choice (IMHO) Hugh Freeze just signed/announced a contract extension with Liberty.

Harsin gets $15 million to hit the road and half to come within 30 days. Harsin was a “dead man walking” basically from day one in all honesty. An AD that the PTB didn’t want, hires him and he was on borrowed time at that point. Honestly, I think they pulled the trigger now because their #1 choice (IMHO) Hugh Freeze just signed/announced a contract extension with Liberty.
McElroy had a good take on this, said the search is very simple:
1. Make Kiffin say no.
2. Go hire Freeze. Said the new Liberty buyout is not an obstacle for aubrun.

Not only did the barn fire Harsin they cleaned out the office of the OC/TE coach and some other off the field personal. There is less folks from Boise State at the Waffle House in Lee County this AM. That seems a bit personal.

I hope the Barn can't hire Lane nor Hugh. Maybe Dan Mullen might get a call if they miss on their top choices.

You knew everyone he brought with him was gone.

The president of AU made the decision according to reports. Yes, you are correct, "the others did not have the guts to pull the trigger."
Now who will it be?
Freeze sign a contract till 2030.
Kiffin does he know he will play UGA and Bama yearly?
PimeTime I don't know if he can? Jackson St isn't the SEC!

Back
Top Bottom