| FTBL Harsin is out at Auburn

Absent some gross misbehavior on his part, I've never seen much point to firing a coach during the season. I suppose the hope is that the team may rally under an interim, but it always comes off appearing as if the powers-that-be are just throwing a juvenile tantrum.
If you can get another long-term coach quickly then it makes sense. But if you are still going to have to wait until December or January it doesn't really help you at all on that front. Possibly it stops kids from transferring ASAP and makes them wait to see who the new coach is, but I am not sure about that either.

If you can get another long-term coach quickly then it makes sense. But if you are still going to have to wait until December or January it doesn't really help you at all on that front. Possibly it stops kids from transferring ASAP and makes them wait to see who the new coach is, but I am not sure about that either.
No good coach is going to leave their team before the end of the season. Auburn can throw more money to entice him, but most candidates will wait until the season is over to evaluate all the options. The earliest I would expect an announcement is early December.

Back
Top Bottom