| FTBL Guys, the UA administration reached out to me

Man, there is zero to apologize for for wearing camo hats a couple games a year. If it was Realtree camo, sure, get upset, but digi-camo our military wears pisses me off people would have something to say about it. My son wears his Nike digi-camo Alabama hat every chance he gets. Stupid stuff like that grinds my gears.

From the stuff I heard/saw, it wasn't really outrage from anyone, more of... not these hats again... type stuff (you may remember last year's team wore them a lot, at the request of the players). I think Vaughn was just letting the fans know that he understood the traditions, but that they were going to wear the hats that particular weekend, so heads up. Nobody was too butthurt about it, I just thought it was funny that even he was saying something. Made me think of the comments that would be made if the football team decided to make a minor change for HC week or something...

I've nothing against the hat. It's the combination that turns my head. I've seen them worn with Crimson and White. Gray, I can see...it just doesn't appeal to me as one who appreciates uniforms.

IE: Yellow doesn't appeal to me, at all. But Mizzou softball in all yellow was 'crisp.'

Something that would be subtle and would look good to me, is the the thigh pads under the uniform with the script A. Maybe put the same A at the hip where the red strip runs up the side of the pants. I think that would be cool, but maintain the "tradition"

Something that would be subtle and would look good to me, is the the thigh pads under the uniform with the script A. Maybe put the same A at the hip where the red strip runs up the side of the pants. I think that would be cool, but maintain the "tradition"

The Pro Combat pants looked great in my eyes. Basically the same as you're explaining.

The elephant through the block A never went away. Some younger fans think it’s new and cool. But, it’s never been part of the football uniforms.
Shouldn't be.

Hell. It's not cost efficient. The amount of money Notre Dame spends on gold tape to patch the helmets every weekend? I'd like to see that figure.

Hell. It's not cost efficient.
Nearly every time I was gifted Bama apparel as a youth I would grimace as I opened the wrapping or bag, hoping that the logo was legit and not a cheap, crappy version. I don't know how many times I got a hat or shirt from an aunt or grandparent with a logo that either omitted the entire elephant so that the banner was suspended mid-air, or the words Crimson Tide were missing from the banner (in which case I always thought why even include the banner???), or everything was too small and blurry to be recognizable LOL.

Nearly every time I was gifted Bama apparel as a youth I would grimace as I opened the wrapping or bag, hoping that the logo was legit and not a cheap, crappy version. I don't know how many times I got a hat or shirt from an aunt or grandparent with a logo that either omitted the entire elephant so that the banner was suspended mid-air, or the words Crimson Tide were missing from the banner (in which case I always thought why even include the banner???), or everything was too small and blurry to be recognizable LOL.
Fast forward to today. There's not a lot of stuff I like that's being sold. The 1/4 zip we've seen a bit of last season? While $100 is a good price on that ... can't say where I would wear it, or why. Now, understand. This is coming from a guy that has 15 or more pairs of dress shoes in the closet, don't know how many casual shoes I have, and I haven't worn anything but Crocs for a month or more.

Fast forward to today. There's not a lot of stuff I like that's being sold. The 1/4 zip we've seen a bit of last season? While $100 is a good price on that ... can't say where I would wear it, or why. Now, understand. This is coming from a guy that has 15 or more pairs of dress shoes in the closet, don't know how many casual shoes I have, and I haven't worn anything but Crocs for a month or more.

I love the elephant coming through the A vault logo, so I will always buy that over anything else, but the more and more Nike continues to butcher their offering (go look at all the ugly crap on their website for Alabama), I'm going to start wearing Alabama gear with different logos like The Locker Room, Shirt Shop, and even taking a big liking to the Yea Alabama logo. A little more special to me. Even with the hats I've made, I've tried finding those rare logos.

1716561600436.png1000003725.jpg1000003568.jpg

Last edited:
what do you want for this one?

View attachment 27896

I'll make you one. I sent that one to New York of all places! A new friend of mine I met last Summer. Gave him my tickets to the LSU game last Fall so he could check off a Wish List of events - Watching a Saban coached Alabama team play. Perfect timing huh. You'll like this, he's a member at Sleepy Hollow and trying to get me up there to play with him. Good solid dude.

I'll make you one. I sent that one to New York of all places! A new friend of mine I met last Summer. Gave him my tickets to the LSU game last Fall so he could check off a Wish List of events - Watching a Saban coached Alabama team play. Perfect timing huh. You'll like this, he's a member at Sleepy Hollow and trying to get me up there to play with him. Good solid dude.
It's a 'Game Day' hat. Programmed for the stitching?

Back
Top Bottom