| FTBL Guys, the UA administration reached out to me

I am. :) But I do want the white helmets back. And I think now is the perfect time to spice the unis up. New coach, new era, new player mentality, etc. The more we move away from old school football, the more we may need to consider new school unis.
No, no, and Hell no. If you change the uniforms you change the mystique, brand and tradition of Alabama. What school has had success with multiple uniform combinations?

They already are with the reintroduction of the old=school logo. You're seeing it across the board with all the athletic programs.
Yea they introduced alternate logos back during, what, the Coach Fran era? The different block A with an elephant behind it, as well as the elephant head with "Alabama Crimson Tide" at the bottom. But I'm talking about football uniform changes. I know it's unpopular to propose changes, but I think now is the time. And I admit, it won't be easy for us. Can't do much with an elephant for a uniform logo. Would even a helmet with the old school logo on it be appealing??? I don't think so. So I think they are between a rock and a hard place.

I would have no problem with white helmets for a game here or there.

A little digging.....Bama didn't go to Crimson helmets until 1960. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why they chose white helmets over the years. Did see something about using it to mark eligible receivers.

STfLOU6iRBRunMciZv.webp

As I recall, Bryant had eligible receivers in White, others in Crimson. If I'm not mistaken it led to a NCAA rule.
It did. One of Bears things. Like tear away jerseys ( made Lsu coach ...McClendon...so mad he trimmed the jerseys on his RBs during bama game)

Crimson on crimson is just bama home colors. Crimson helmets on white jerseys is away.
Let oregon play color game

Things that get brought up during this time of year

Period

Last edited:
2 things...

1- I'll admit I kinda enjoy a good Bama uniform trolling thread every now and then...

And 2- This is the correct take...

I get a kick out of this one too and how folks are so quick to respond. Interesting question it brings to mind...do you think it's a question they asked DeBoer while interviewing him or even after hiring him and bringing him up to speed on our tradition? Like if he would make changes or push to make those kind of changes?

Any new developments with Jumpman or Nike by any chance?

I get a kick out of this one too and how folks are so quick to respond. Interesting question it brings to mind...do you think it's a question they asked DeBoer while interviewing him or even after hiring him and bringing him up to speed on our tradition? Like if he would make changes or push to make those kind of changes?

Any new developments with Jumpman or Nike by any chance?

On the first part, I doubt it was in any early conversations... I'm sure it is has come up since. Even recently, Vaughn on the baseball side went out of his way to basically apologize (half seriously) to the old school UA baseball fans for the team wearing camo hats for a couple of games because of how vocal some of them have been about not liking the hats. Re: Dober, I doubt he cares too much, but I do think he will give the players more say and control over some things within the program. If the players were adamant about a some small uniform change for a specific game, would he agree? I don't know, probably noting too significant if so, but I wouldn't completely close the door on it.

On the Nike stuff, I haven't really heard anything else recently. Did hear a couple weeks ago that now that the basketball practice facility has jumped the line in front of a new arena, that some aspects of the arena are back up in the air, including even the location (which surprised me). Also, I threw an idea out a few months back... basically thinking out loud, about UA building a newer/bigger Bryant Museum near Bryant-Denny. Well, that ain't happening, but did hear that there is tentative plan (for down the road) for UA to build a new hotel/conference center on that piece of land.

On the first part, I doubt it was in any early conversations... I'm sure it is has come up since. Even recently, Vaughn on the baseball side went out of his way to basically apologize (half seriously) to the old school UA baseball fans for the team wearing camo hats for a couple of games because of how vocal some of them have been about not liking the hats. Re: Dober, I doubt he cares too much, but I do think he will give the players more say and control over some things within the program. If the players were adamant about a some small uniform change for a specific game, would he agree? I don't know, probably noting too significant if so, but I wouldn't completely close the door on it.

On the Nike stuff, I haven't really heard anything else recently. Did hear a couple weeks ago that now that the basketball practice facility has jumped the line in front of a new arena, that some aspects of the arena are back up in the air, including even the location (which surprised me). Also, I threw an idea out a few months back... basically thinking out loud, about UA building a newer/bigger Bryant Museum near Bryant-Denny. Well, that ain't happening, but did hear that there is tentative plan (for down the road) for UA to build a new hotel/conference center on that piece of land.

Man, there is zero to apologize for for wearing camo hats a couple games a year. If it was Realtree camo, sure, get upset, but digi-camo our military wears pisses me off people would have something to say about it. My son wears his Nike digi-camo Alabama hat every chance he gets. Stupid stuff like that grinds my gears.

Back
Top Bottom