| FOOD Grillin' and Chillin'...

no chance, this would be my help in the kitchen if i could get it

sexy-girls-kitchen-women-1_large.jpg

Haha...and we were worried about starting WYHI threads...

COWI.

Doemasters was a photo and videographer for Tommy Wilcox' outdoor show as well. Doe, bring some of that video forward as well. He's not just a concert roadie....

I still do video and photography for him, just a slow time of year for us right now until it cools down a little

I need to get some new video from Tommy to load to the web soon

Any of you ever cook directly on the coals?
How do you keep the coal dust off of it?

@planomateo, @2Stater, done that several times and it has turned out really good. Get a bigger set of coals than you'll actually need, just before you're ready to put the steak on, blow the ash off and quickly place the steak on the red coals. When you're ready to turn the steak, remove it from the coals, rake fresh coals on top of the previous used coals, blow the ash off and place the steak back on the red coals. You've never had a better tasting steak. I used oak or hickory coals not charcoal.

@planomateo, here's a very good side to cook alongside the steak on the coals. Take two ears of corn, pull the shucks back, remove the silk and close up the shucks again. Soak the ears in water for 4 or 5 minutes and place right beside the steak on the red coals. I usually turn the corn, and steak, only once after about 6 to 7 minutes,

My scoutmaster showed us how to do this in the mid 60's and I done the same for my troop in the 80's and 90's. He called it a "Caveman Steak."

@planomateo, here's a very good side to cook alongside the steak on the coals. Take two ears of corn, pull the shucks back, remove the silk and close up the shucks again. Soak the ears in water for 4 or 5 minutes and place right beside the steak on the red coals. I usually turn the corn, and steak, only once after about 6 to 7 minutes,

My scoutmaster showed us how to do this in the mid 60's and I done the same for my troop in the 80's and 90's. He called it a "Caveman Steak."

I don't even remove the silk. When I do this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Didn't snag a pic, may do when I reheat tomorrow. I did cockpit chicken and it turned out pretty good for a cheap easy meal.

Skinless boneless chicken breasts, can of rotel, block of cream cheese, black beans, couple of cans of corn (I did sweet corn last time and did one can of Mexican corn and a can of shoe peg this time- both are good, sweet is a little better) and a packet of the hidden valley Fiesta flavoring.

Throw it in the crock pot all day, then cook whatever type of rice you want, serve it up.

May try to add some cream of mushroom next time, or some conecuh sausage chunks.

I didn't prepare this myself, so I guess it goes under "chillin," but I had some delicious salmon sashimi tonight. You guys who are unwilling to try uncooked fish don't know what you're missing. Thick slabs of creamy, buttery goodness that melt in your mouth.

Man I had some Wawful House. Not going to have that again for a long time unless I'm starving and there's no other food around. It's like breakfast food, but not even as good as I make.

Ok, I tried the skirt steak on the coals yesterday for dinner, 2 sections about 1lb each, thought I grabbed a photo of it on the coals, but apparently I didn't.

It was actually really good.

Photo was taken after it rested for 15 mins in the foil.

20150801_165959_zpsmwa4phe7.jpg

Grilled chicken thighs and Franks injected wings were on the menu over the weekend. Getting geared for ball season with the wings. I usually get the big pack from Sams and do a mike of injected/ grills and fried nude with seasoning.

Back
Top Bottom