| FTBL Giving Shula a raise and/or contract extension

Do you agree with giving a coach a raise/extension while serving under a pre-existing contract?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tideboy said:
BamaDelta said:
Now do you see why I said wait til after the Auburn game? Sorry, someone had to say it. :?

I stand by what I said earlier. 7-4 was realistic, 8-3 optimistic, 9-2 an over-achievement based on talent and numbers.

Evaluations have to be taken over the season as a whole. IMO it is a mistake to place too high a priority on one single game. Particularly one against an in-state rival that has been far and away the greatest beneficiary of our scholly limitation.

I agree Tideboy. As of this season we are heading in the right direction. I have faith in Shula and his staff.

Tideboy said:
BamaDelta said:
Now do you see why I said wait til after the Auburn game? Sorry, someone had to say it. :?

I stand by what I said earlier. 7-4 was realistic, 8-3 optimistic, 9-2 an over-achievement based on talent and numbers.

Evaluations have to be taken over the season as a whole. IMO it is a mistake to place too high a priority on one single game. Particularly one against an in-state rival that has been far and away the greatest beneficiary of our scholly limitation.

Con-CUR! :D

After the team's performance today I think the entire staff should be fired! Ha ha! Just kidding, just kidding!
Really, I think Shula should be given a raise to 1.2 million a year, minimum. Kines should be paid whatever the highest paid DC makes + 10%. The other coordinators should be paid the industry standard.
On a similar note, I think he needs to take a hard look at Rader and whoever coaches the recievers. Our offensive offense in the last half of the season needs to be addressed, and now.

Tideboy said:
SI screamed "Bama Is Back" after we thoroughly thrashed Florida and its "wonderboy" coach...
Apparently the SI Curse is alive and well. Offensively, we looked like crap after the Florida game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rader gone. He's just not......much of a coach, IMO. Mike Leach may be the OC as well as the HC at Texas Tech, but that's the sort of coaching philosophy we need to be looking at if we're going to rely heavily on the passing game. We need to look at hiring away a coach or two from a program like TTU; a successful program, but will never be where Bama COULD be on the national scene.

Definitely give the raise to Shula, as well as a long-term commitment. It would help out recruiting by showing future stability at the top.

Next year, I don't want to hear 'sanctions' as an excuse for losing. If we lose, then practice the hell out of them until they puke.

All within the 20 hr. weekly allowable NCAA practice limit. :wink:

RTR!!!

bamascott2 said:
Tideboy said:
SI screamed "Bama Is Back" after we thoroughly thrashed Florida and its "wonderboy" coach...
Apparently the SI Curse is alive and well. Offensively, we looked like crap after the Florida game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rader gone. He's just not......much of a coach, IMO. Mike Leach may be the OC as well as the HC at Texas Tech, but that's the sort of coaching philosophy we need to be looking at if we're going to rely heavily on the passing game. We need to look at hiring away a coach or two from a program like TTU; a successful program, but will never be where Bama COULD be on the national scene.

Definitely give the raise to Shula, as well as a long-term commitment. It would help out recruiting by showing future stability at the top.

Next year, I don't want to hear 'sanctions' as an excuse for losing. If we lose, then practice the hell out of them until they puke.

All within the 20 hr. weekly allowable NCAA practice limit. :wink:

RTR!!!

Oh, I think if we're not winning next year, you can still blame the sanctions. We won't be at full capacity with scholarships until next year. They still won't be running on all cylinders next year. But 2007....that's when things should be back to "normal". I wouldn't expect another 9 win season for next year. We're losing a LOT of starters on defense. And we don't exactly have a lot of debth due to the "sanctions." lol I think we've still got one more year to blame the sanctions...but after that, there's no excuse.

Back
Top Bottom