"Get to know each other" game?

AGREED re: casual :)

I do not, as I have moved too much in the past few years to have one place to call my own, but two bars do come to mind .. During my semester in Beijing, there was a bar called Tim's Texas BBQ complete with American sports on TV, very cheap booze, great food (tasted just like home), and Chinese waitresses in cowgirl gear. It was a hoot, and I went there for weekly trivia and for sports games. In DC, the Bama bar used to be at Old Dominion Brewpub but I believe they have shut down or relocated since .. They had great food and a great atmosphere. Loved the Bama atmosphere.

If you could have any car in the world, what would it be?

My first car, a 1965 Chevy II Nova, 2 door hardtop. THAT car, not another. I'd do a full resto. I've got a picture of her with me sporting a new brand of canvas tennis shoes called Nikes and a terry cloth shirt. Compliments of shackles and air shocks, she was jacked up like a mad hornet, and prowled around on five spoke Keystone Classic mags and raised white letter tires. She was the perfect cruiser to circle Eastwood Mall. I was a cool dude, in my own mind.

What life experience renewed your faith in mankind?

RTR,

Tim

Leading, living with, and hanging out with a group of 23 Chinese high schoolers in a 2-week visit to Philadelphia. I have never met such a grateful, humble, optimistic, joyful group of kids in my life. They were just so, so happy to be in America, making friends, learning English, just being in a diner eating a waffle. I cried harder than I ever have in my entire life when they left for the airport lol. We all cried. They were truly life-changing. We still talk every day.

What are you most looking forward to in 2015? (I know it's early, but people have plans!)

My wife getting her first assistant principal's job!

If you had to (I think the only way this would happen would be a had to...) choose Mike Dubose or Dennis Franchione to coach your football team, whom would you choose?

Yes, Dubose felt as much love as he could while here.

Coke.

Do you have an old article of clothing that is worn or hopelessly out of style that you still wear? Why?

Back when I was a swimmer, they'd hand out free t-shirts for each regional meet, with club names, logos, events, etc. They are all worn and hole-y and faded but I still wear most of them. They are so comfy and will always reek of chlorine haha.

If you could go back in time and witness any historical event, what would it be and why?

Johnny Bench.

Who likes the NASCAR? How many races have you attended?

My Dad raced dirt tracks in the 50's before me, and short tracks around Birmingham (Dixie in Midfield and Sayre) in the late 60's/early 70's. Claim to fame: he's been spun out by Bobby Allison who, according to him, was the dirtiest driver he ever raced. Used the chrome horn alot.

Eek, sorry to disappoint, no NASCAR love here. My cousin is a diehard NASCAR fan though, so I hear about it a lot! That's so cool about your dad, Tim. He must have a lot of fun stories.

Favorite time of the year? (as if I have to ask)

One a noun, one a verb.

Do you have kids or grand kids that are name after movie star or music star? (All three of my do. Sammantha, Tapanga, Gunner)

We didn't name our kids (first names) after anyone famous or otherwise. The baby naming approach was to find a name that didn't remind us of someone we didn't like. Middle names are family names.

Have you ever been ice fishing? They say if your ice fishing hut is nicer than your home, you might be a northern redneck...

RTR,

Tim

2007 Toyota Camry, dark blue. Just got it last year. You don't need a car where I am from and where I went to school, so it wasn't an issue until recently.

It's midnight and you are craving some junk food .. what do you eat?

Back
Top Bottom