| FTBL Game Week: Alabama @ Tennessee (press conferences, news updates, discussion, and Vol mockery)

I think you mostly nailed it.

We want Nico to throw the ball. He has been struggling the last few games, making questionable decisions. he's playing tentative and like to make safe throws. Close up on that, generate pressure on him and make it hard for him to throw accurate throws. I expect us to dial up blitz more in the game.
Tennessee likes to go fast if they gain positive downs on 2nd and 3rd down. We need to stay on them, and make sure they dont do that. If we stack the box, they throw. If we don't, they run. Sampson is very good, but I think we can slow him down.

Tennessee Defense just lost their signal playcaller. That's critical. We need to go fast on them, confuse the signal caller.

I would say when we run, We just need to average at least 4 yards per carries and we'll be okay. For us to have a chance to win, Milroe and Offense needs to burn TOP clock and at same time go fast. Wear Tennessee defense down.

Couple of stats on Nico Iamaleava...

-He's thrown just 1 TD pass in his last 3 (all SEC) games.

-He hasn't thrown for 200 yards in an SEC game this season.

-Under pressure he's just 7 for 20, 0 TD's, and 1 INT.

Now, he's fully capable of having a breakout game tomorrow, he's not going to play this poorly all year, IMO. I mentioned in another thread that he doesn't have the WR talent that they've had in the past and their OL isn't as solid as they'd like it to be either... but they do have one of the best RB's in the nation in Dylan Sampson and he can make up for a lot. Their defense is also much better than usual.

I think you focus on the run like stated above. Our defensive backs are not incapable at all. They can play physical and have a couple plays go their way and we should be good. Stop the run because that keeps the backers moving forward and hopefully active to make some plays.

Week 8 Betting splits via
@BetMGM

Most Tickets
Texas -5
Purdue -28.5
Alabama -3

Most Handle
Texas -5
BYU -9.5
Alabama -3

Most Overs
Georgia-Texas 56.5
Oregon-Purdue 60.5
Oklahoma State 52.5

Most Unders
Alabama-Tennessee 57.5
East Carolina-Army 51.5

Don’t know much about 10RC, but I’ve watched us play. I remember how we played last time up there. I watched us implode vs USC East. We can’t tackle, get beat deep regularly, near last place in yards given up vs SEC opponents, no real rushing threat…and you guys think we going up there and play a perfect game? Well we better cause if we don’t we about to be out of conference race In October.

Don’t know much about 10RC, but I’ve watched us play. I remember how we played last time up there. I watched us implode vs USC East. We can’t tackle, get beat deep regularly, near last place in yards given up vs SEC opponents, no real rushing threat…and you guys think we going up there and play a perfect game? Well we better cause if we don’t we about to be out of conference race In October.
I think people are holding on to the Wisconsin game and the 1st half of the UGA game as hope/evidence they can do it. Those games really did happen so they have it in them. Unfortunately so did the 2nd half of the Uga game and the last two games. I get wanting to find something to hold onto. Here is hoping they play more like the first half of the UGA game than the last 2 1/2 games. Roll Tide.

I think people are holding on to the Wisconsin game and the 1st half of the UGA game as hope/evidence they can do it. Those games really did happen so they have it in them. Unfortunately so did the 2nd half of the Uga game and the last two games. I get wanting to find something to hold onto. Here is hoping they play more like the first half of the UGA game than the last 2 1/2 games. Roll Tide.
Well. Most problems are stupid shit...fixable...very fixable
Oline very good...got 2-3 good RBs...got excellent receivers...and have outstanding QB

On D...well...we beter put up some points.....

Two way street.

Perhaps people are holding on to the Vandy game too long. We've seen both sides of the spectrum; some choose to only look through one lens.

Just realized I didn't put up the post game press conference last night, though I doubt anyone cares to watch...

I watched it last night. Wanted to see if he held the players accountable. He did not go off on folks (looking at you Law) like I wanted but honestly that is not who he is so I did not expect it. He did talk about each person looking internal. That was about as close as I have seen him to challenging the players in a press conference.

Back
Top Bottom