| FTBL Everyone Chill

DustyG

Verified Member
Guys, I hate to be the one to break the news, but we are a 7-5 team. We were a 7-5 team in August, and we will be 7-5 in December. Anyone who predicted an 8-0 start after the Arky win needs to take off the crimson colored glasses. We have beaten the teams who had less talent top to bottom than us, and were beaten by the teams that had more talent than us. UT, LSU, and AU all are more talented than we are, and should beat us. Does that mean we can't win one of these games, no. It does mean that we shouldn't EXPECT to win them.

It will take at least one more good recruiting class after this year's in order for us to expect more than 7-8 wins a year. We are simply too thin at key spots to remain competitive this season against good teams. Even next season, when we have recruited bodies to put into those positions, they will be freshmen and prone to mistakes.

JPW can not throw a consistent deep ball. We knew this last season, and it hasn't changed. We can not get pressure on a QB. We knew this last year, and it hasn't changed. We don't run the ball effectively against good teams. We knew that last year, and it hasn't changed. Those are not traits of a good team, but it will improve with time. Once CNS has had the opportunity to recruit good athletes at every position like we have at receiver and DB, our team will improve. I am generally not a patient person, but our program has been so screwed up over the last 10+ years, that I am willing to wait two more seasons to lower the boom on the rest of the league. We live in an instant gratification society, but turning this program around is going to take more than 5 games. In fact, it's going to take more than 26 games. If CNS has a record of 26-13 after three seasons, I'll be more than happy. If anyone's expectations are that we will be significantly better than that over the next two seasons, I suggest re-evaluating our talent vis a vis the rest of the league and perhaps changing those expectations.

I cheer on our team every weekend just as much as anyone else. I also try to align my expectations with reality, however. Even though I think we will lose 3 more games before our bowl, I will still be cheering for us to win them all. I generally don't like being wrong, but in these cases, I would rather win than be right.

Good post. I too never expected to have a 8+ winning season. The only thing that bothers me at this point is Florida State looked absolutely horrable and I believe they are one of the worst teams on our schedule.

Nice post man. Your right, patience is going to have to prevail. Like it or not that's the way it is.
I am just patiently sitting back and enjoying the games knowing we will get better as the recruiting classes roll in. Everyone gets upset and nothing wrong with it. After the hurting there is comfort in the fact that we have a coach that will put us back to where we need to be. I'm proud to have Coach Saban as our head coach. After enduring these last several years,the future is bright and the rewards will be sweet. It will all be worth it when the wins start rolling around. Just gotta have patience.

I don't mean to be negative, but I don't think we should be counting losses and wins just yet. Unfortunately I think every Saturday will be a battle now.

You guys that know me know I worry too much when it comes to football. :? I'm very concerned about Houston and just as concerned about going to Ole Miss.

Supposedly Houston is a very strong passing team. Are they not going to have a field day when they look at our blown coverages last night? Are they not going to try to find #24 or #16 or whatever other number that might be inserted in that position/side on the field?

Ole Miss gave Florida fits and notoriously gives us fits in Oxford as well. That's just looking at the next 2 and not even considering Tennessee. :?

Just a few plays here and there have me going from "happy as a clam" to "down in the dumps". Let's just hope we can get back on track just as quickly as we got off. An upset this week by Houston could be absolutely devastating.

BamaDelta said:
I don't mean to be negative, but I don't think we should be counting losses and wins just yet. Unfortunately I think every Saturday will be a battle now.

You guys that know me know I worry too much when it comes to football. :? I'm very concerned about Houston and just as concerned about going to Ole Miss.

Supposedly Houston is a very strong passing team. Are they not going to have a field day when they look at our blown coverages last night? Are they not going to try to find #24 or #16 or whatever other number that might be inserted in that position/side on the field?

Ole Miss gave Florida fits and notoriously gives us fits in Oxford as well. That's just looking at the next 2 and not even considering Tennessee. :?

Just a few plays here and there have me going from "happy as a clam" to "down in the dumps". Let's just hope we can get back on track just as quickly as we got off. An upset this week by Houston could be absolutely devastating.
We have no business looking past anyone or anything right now!!!

Back
Top Bottom