| FTBL Evening press conference?

I remember when David Palmer got his jaw broke at the Citizens Club and Gene Stallings was the coach. I will ask now what I asked back then, why do the coaches allow the players to be out that late to begin with? Didn't Coach Bryant have a pretty strict curfew on the team?

rammajamma said:
I remember when David Palmer got his jaw broke at the Citizens Club and Gene Stallings was the coach. I will ask now what I asked back then, why do the coaches allow the players to be out that late to begin with? Didn't Coach Bryant have a pretty strict curfew on the team?

I got a feeling it could get sticter. :lol:

In Coach Bryant's day the players lived inthe athletic dorm. The NCAA outlawed dorms just for scholarship athletes sometime in the 90s, except for freshmen. This makes a curfew much tougher to enfrce.

Was it really any better in Coach Bryant's day? After all, that's when some legends were made right? No internet forums, greater ability to keep things "hush hush" etc.
Coach Bryant had a reputation as a disciplinarian but things still went on behind the scenes. Today it's nearly impossible to keep minor infractions quiet, let alone the bigger offenses.

Back
Top Bottom