| RECRUIT Early Signing Period: Wed (15th) ~ Fri (17th) : UPDATED as new committments come in

Not sure. Alexander is listed at 6'2 235 lbs and Jihaad Campbell is 6'3 230 lbs. We seem to recruit a lot of Jack LB types, so its really hard to tell.
Will Anderson was 6'4" 235 out of Highschool and listed as Weakside DE on Rivals back in 2020.

Jeremiah Alexander is listed at 6'2" 235 and Weakside DE on Rivals for the class of 2022.

I do think Jihaad Campbell is more the traditional LB role, but I don't know much about him to confirm.

I think the way our system works, that Jack role is more of an Edge DE type guy... so I'd say we got a good DE and/or Jack...

Perry is listed as a DT, but I would expect he plays more the DE role in our system. Again, I've not followed recruiting as much this year, but I don't see him being a NT in our system (we don't really have a DT role).

Hastings, looking at his stats and read a little bit about him could fit either DE or NT (if he gains some weight). Again, I've not research enough to be very educated on his ability or what he was recruited for. He seems to more on the DE side of things looking at some videos of him.

For our system, to my knowledge and understanding, the DL would consist of a DE / NT / DE / JACK... so with Perry, Hastings taking the DE Role and Alexander and maybe Campbell taking that Jack role... I think we did just fine. Add in Oatis at NT and it's even better ;)

Last edited:
Aiight, help me out here...33/40 just reported that a commit we've had since June '20, LB Woodward (?) just flipped today to the barn. I don't see his name listed in the other thread. Maybe because he committed so long ago that I probably forgot about him. Someone set me straight; this news story isn't quite kopacetic in my yet.

Aiight, help me out here...33/40 just reported that a commit we've had since June '20, LB Woodward (?) just flipped today to the barn. I don't see his name listed in the other thread. Maybe because he committed so long ago that I probably forgot about him. Someone set me straight; this news story isn't quite kopacetic in my yet.
I believe that was expected for a good while now... no surprise.

Will Anderson was 6'4" 235 out of Highschool and listed as Weakside DE on Rivals back in 2020.

Jeremiah Alexander is listed at 6'2" 235 and Weakside DE on Rivals for the class of 2022.

I do think Jihaad Campbell is more the traditional LB role, but I don't know much about him to confirm.

I think the way our system works, that Jack role is more of an Edge DE type guy... so I'd say we got a good DE and/or Jack...

Perry is listed as a DT, but I would expect he plays more the DE role in our system. Again, I've not followed recruiting as much this year, but I don't see him being a NT. Hastings, looking at his stats and read a little bit about him could fit that role too. Again, I've not research enough to be very educated on his ability.
Cool! I have no doubt in their abilities and I'm sure they will play a significant role in our system. I guess I'm looking forward to having a dominant strong side DE and defensive line again, but we've got some young talent on the team.

Cool! I have no doubt in their abilities and I'm sure they will play a significant role in our system. I guess I'm looking forward to having a dominant strong side DE and defensive line again, but we've got some young talent on the team.
We had Monkell Goodwine in last years class as a Strong Side DE ;)

I have nothing against the one kid going to JSU over FSU, honestly will have more success there than FSU at this point. I think he's throwing away a 1st round selection and notoriety doing it, but that's his decision and maybe he will be different.

I have nothing against the one kid going to JSU over FSU, honestly will have more success there than FSU at this point. I think he's throwing away a 1st round selection and notoriety doing it, but that's his decision and maybe he will be different.
I agree. Apparently he's been offered a 7 figure NIL deal at JSU which is hard to believe. I guess we will see how it all plays out for him in the next 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom