| RECRUIT Early Signing Period: Wed (15th) ~ Fri (17th) : UPDATED as new committments come in

I think he's throwing away a 1st round selection and notoriety doing it, but that's his decision and maybe he will be different.

He absolutely isn't. If he is as good as advertised, NFL scouts couldn't give a shit less if he's playing at FSU or JSU. Hell, it might mean more for him considering who is coaching him.

Aiight, help me out here...33/40 just reported that a commit we've had since June '20, LB Woodward (?) just flipped today to the barn. I don't see his name listed in the other thread. Maybe because he committed so long ago that I probably forgot about him. Someone set me straight; this news story isn't quite kopacetic in my yet.
He did just flip today but everyone and I do mean everyone had been expecting that for months. Since his last visit to Tuscaloosa in early June, he visited cow patty u three different times. It’s been reported by a number of recruiting analysts that Bama stopped pursuing him after finally getting a look at him following the COVID shutdowns. They all in one form or another believed Woodyard has already reached his ceiling physically. So, the reason none of the sites are making a big deal about his flipping is because it was totally expected. He’s definitely a good get for the barnyard but it seems to me they wanted more from him than simply his commitment.

He absolutely isn't. If he is as good as advertised, NFL scouts couldn't give a shit less if he's playing at FSU or JSU. Hell, it might mean more for him considering who is coaching him.
It might not matter if he has Sander’s generational type abilities but it will matter if he doesn’t. A whole lot of what Sanders was able to do wasn’t teachable.

I'd argue that though that is a strong sentiment amongst some people. The kid hasn't played a snap in college yet, there's plenty of 5 stars that don't make it at smaller schools in the FBS let alone FCS level, the amount of tools they have there to push him to be great is diminished compared to the amount of $$ a bigger school can offer. I get it, it's a feel good story but I really would worry for the kid if people aren't trying for a headline here and less interested in what would be better for his future. (Ie: A school with more notoriety and a proven track record at pushing people into the pros) Deon can be commended for what he did so far, but I don't see any of his guys on any big boards to be drafted this year...

There's a lot of arguments against playing at that level, strength of competition, less access to TV and notoriety, not as much access to health officials and care for injuries, facilities are maligned or in need of upgrades.

I guess I'm in the court of "I'll believe it when I see it" once again, I do want to reiterate that the decision is 100% the kids decision to make and I stand by his decision, happy for him to get the offer to play. I just have the luxury of knowing I've made plenty of mistakes when I was his age like not choosing the correct path in college or beyond and not figuring this out until I was 25 really and I'd hate for him to look back at a ruined chance and wonder "what if"

He did just flip today but everyone and I do mean everyone had been expecting that for months. Since his last visit to Tuscaloosa in early June, he visited cow patty u three different times. It’s been reported by a number of recruiting analysts that Bama stopped pursuing him after finally getting a look at him following the COVID shutdowns. They all in one form or another believed Woodyard has already reached his ceiling physically. So, the reason none of the sites are making a big deal about his flipping is because it was totally expected. He’s definitely a good get for the barnyard but it seems to me they wanted more from him than simply his commitment.

Here's an illustration of how big the gap is in classes between #14 auburn and #2 Alabama. auburn's highest rated signee is a guy that Saban cut the line on months ago. And for anyone saying that's just sour grapes, I don't think Saban even used an in home visit on him.

It’s funny how quickly records can be broken in today’s game. In 2019, LSU was crowned as having perhaps the best season in modern football history. Then, the following year, Bama’s team was given the same platitudes. At one time, Florida’s 2010 class score on the 247 Composite was thought to be unassailable. Then last year, Bama broke it with many folks saying that class was unbelievably special and their scoring record would stand for a long time. Now, if A&M ends up signing the three 5 Stars that all are 100% predicted to go there, they will blow past Bama’s 2021 class record. Records have always meant to be broken … they just used to last a bit longer! Personally, I didn’t think Jimbo had it in him but apparently there’s more to him than I’d given him credit.

Bama missed out on a couple of the top 10 guys in the state this year. Next year’s class is unusually strong with five 5 Stars and eleven of the top 100 recruits. I sure hope Saban and his coaches can lock down most of those guys. All of the 5 Stars play defense and in areas of need … D-line and DB’s.

Bama missed out on a couple of the top 10 guys in the state this year. Next year’s class is unusually strong with five 5 Stars and eleven of the top 100 recruits. I sure hope Saban and his coaches can lock down most of those guys. All of the 5 Stars play defense and in areas of need … D-line and DB’s.
Who did we miss out ? I don't think we necessary missed out on couple of the guys. We targeted, we had Plan 1A, 1B and 1C...

Saban has been real good about keeping some kids in state, so i'm not sure what you're trying to say ..... Do you even understand what you're talking about?

We have Locked down the DBs, signed Ricks and we're good in the area. DL is deep. Next year, we'll be cherry picking and being more selective about who we pick.

A really good chance. If Bama ends up with Ricks, Boutte, and Gibbs it won't be a surprise and it'll be further evidence that Saban will win with whatever obstacle is thrown in front of him.

Damn, getting Ricks is bad ass. He is better than Stingley in my eyes. Boutte is solid too. Those are guys that can play Day 1. Williams and Metchie are likely gone. Not that we have a shortage of guys at receuver, but a proven guy in Boutte would be schweeet. Getting Gibbs would fill a huge Special Teams spot and get us a pass catching back that can take it the distance any chance he gets it. I can't imagine what he would do with a decent offensive line. If we got those three, we would be heavy favorites.

Back
Top Bottom