| RECRUIT Early Signing Period: Wed (15th) ~ Fri (17th) : UPDATED as new committments come in

TerryP

Staff
In the transfer portal thread I mentioned something I'd noticed the last few weeks: the number of top 100 recruits who haven't committed for the '22 class. In case you missed it, this time last year there were roughly 10 players who hadn't committed out of that group. As of a few days ago, it was 30, maybe 31 out of the top 100.

That in itself sets Wednesday apart from what we've seen since the inception of the early signing period. I expect more this year.

Slider. Curve. Drop. Off-speed. Fastball.

That's the feel I have for this week. I expect the news to follow that softball analogy with a lot of wrinkles and twist we may have wondered about but didn't expect.

I'm thinking it'll be the most fun—for following a signing day(s)—we've had in a few years.

21 committed to date. With the extra seven allowed (transfer portal adjustments) it's hard to point to a specific number Alabama will sign this season.

In the transfer portal thread I mentioned something I'd noticed the last few weeks: the number of top 100 recruits who haven't committed for the '22 class. In case you missed it, this time last year there were roughly 10 players who hadn't committed out of that group. As of a few days ago, it was 30, maybe 31 out of the top 100.

That in itself sets Wednesday apart from what we've seen since the inception of the early signing period. I expect more this year.

Slider. Curve. Drop. Off-speed. Fastball.

That's the feel I have for this week. I expect the news to follow that softball analogy with a lot of wrinkles and twist we may have wondered about but didn't expect.

I'm thinking it'll be the most fun—for following a signing day(s)—we've had in a few years.

21 committed to date. With the extra seven allowed (transfer portal adjustments) it's hard to point to a specific number Alabama will sign this season.
Here’s the latest from Bone … exciting stuff:

I am looking forward to seeing how many of our commits actually sign on the dotted line. If I had to guess, there may be 1 or 2 who jump ship and go off to "promised" greener pastures. Hopefully, we are able to land a few from that top 100 as well. It should be an interesting day on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Christen Miller
I've not heard anything about him in a couple of weeks.
Anthony Lucas
One can hope Elko leaving makes a difference. I never trust A&M when they're this far in the mix with a guy like him.
Marvin Jones Jr.
Agreed here. One to watch. I like where Bama sits. If FSU had a semblance of life I doubt we'd be talking about him. He was recently in Athens.

Domani Jackson would be huge
I've mentioned him in the past and haven't heard anything that leads me to believe he won't sign with Bama.

You dropped in Everette on an edit and I'm glad you did. He's intriguing because of the timing. Riley gets a last look from Domani to consider USC and at the same time we see Daylen hit the portal and then he's in Tuscaloosa for a visit? I don't see them taking two more corners but if you can, don't you?

Law and James...no clue on the latter. Law was at LSU this past weekend. I don't know what to make of what Kelly is doing down there right now, but that's a different story. (See the latest video.) Bama's in good shape but I wouldn't say he's Bama bound, yet.

I've mentioned him in the past and haven't heard anything that leads me to believe he won't sign with Bama.

You dropped in Everette on an edit and I'm glad you did. He's intriguing because of the timing. Riley gets a last look from Domani to consider USC and at the same time we see Daylen hit the portal and then he's in Tuscaloosa for a visit? I don't see them taking two more corners but if you can, don't you?

Law and James...no clue on the latter. Law was at LSU this past weekend. I don't know what to make of what Kelly is doing down there right now, but that's a different story. (See the latest video.) Bama's in good shape but I wouldn't say he's Bama bound, yet.
Riley not known for his Defense, I like our chances with Jackson.

i hate to say it, but on the transfer note, I would go after Tank. I like his style.

I may like Gibbs all purpose ability better. Tank is a fun guy to watch though.

I hope we get Jackson as well. He's a tall guy that I expect comes with a pedigree like Bryce Young where he was at the #1 school in the country and excelling there.

Elias Ricks, we'd be dumb not to look at him. We have seen his production. He was built a lot like Surtain, long and lean, and just very difficult to throw over. His injury history is a concern and you have to wonder if he quit on the team like Stingley did this year, but that'll be something to coaches hone in on during their research. Just from his ability, he gets the thumbs up from me. Could you imagine him and Kool-Aid manning the corners, and then Domani learning and being the guy the next year once Ricks leaves? That is some good size on both sides for us if we got them.

Back
Top Bottom