| FTBL Difference between Shorty Price and Ramp Lady...

Bryant34

To me, that's an interesting topic.

For those that may not remember, the long-time candidate for Governor (Price) came to all 'Bama games in a Crimson sport coat, drunk as a skunk, yelling "Roll Tide", and sometimes waving a 'Bama flag. He would make appearances all over the stadium. Also, he had a habit of running for Governor every four years.

He was from the same hometown as George Corley Wallace, and was his roommate in Tuscaloosa. They became political rivals, although Price mainly served as Wallace's whipping-boy.

To me, Price was crazy, but crazy like a fox. I don't think many folks wanted to invite Shorty to come sit in the seat next to them, but he was entertaining.

IMO, The Ramp Lady is just plain dumb. I don't see anything the least bit amusing about an overweight beer-drunk middle-aged woman raring back and letting out a scream that can be heard over 92,000 people. In fact, although I can't put my finger on exactly why, but she seems pretty classless to me.

As far as "giving her a break", she deserves every bit of criticism she gets... she puts herself in a position to be talked about, and sometimes the talk ain't so nice.

She is a drunk, obnoxious redneck plain and simple. Shorty Price did his deeds back in a time that was less family orientated. My grandfather was a buddy of Shorty Price back in the day, I don't know which one acted like the bigger idiot when drunk though.

Ramplady is a joke and some of the things she has done should keep her out of the stadium.

IMO, The Ramp Lady is just plain dumb. I don't see anything the least bit amusing about an overweight beer-drunk middle-aged woman raring back and letting out a scream that can be heard over 92,000 people. In fact, although I can't put my finger on exactly why, but she seems pretty classless to me.

Yeah she's a complete idiot and a disgrace to B-D in my opinion.

porkchop said:

Your describing half the state now.

BigAl said:
porkchop said:

Your describing half the state now.

Haha! Yeah, you're probably right there too.

Bryant34 said:
I don't see anything the least bit amusing about an overweight beer-drunk middle-aged woman raring back and letting out a scream that can be heard over 92,000 people.

Up here, in Tennersee a woman like that is considered quite a ketch!
redneck_1.jpg

reger60 said:
Bryant34 said:
I don't see anything the least bit amusing about an overweight beer-drunk middle-aged woman raring back and letting out a scream that can be heard over 92,000 people.

redneck_1.jpg

What's most disturbing about that picture is that the straw is facing away from her as if it's someone else's cup. :shock:

Wiseace615 said:
reger60 said:
Bryant34 said:

redneck_1.jpg

What's most disturbing about that picture is that the straw is facing away from her as if it's someone else's cup. :shock:

It is. She's holdin' it fer uncle daddy.

Bryant34 said:

For those that may not remember, the long-time candidate for Governor (Price) came to all 'Bama games in a Crimson sport coat, drunk as a skunk, yelling "Roll Tide", and sometimes waving a 'Bama flag. He would make appearances all over the stadium. Also, he had a habit of running for Governor every four years.

He was from the same hometown as George Corley Wallace, and was his roommate in Tuscaloosa. They became political rivals, although Price mainly served as Wallace's whipping-boy.

To me, Price was crazy, but crazy like a fox. I don't think many folks wanted to invite Shorty to come sit in the seat next to them, but he was entertaining.

As far as "giving her a break", she deserves every bit of criticism she gets... she puts herself in a position to be talked about, and sometimes the talk ain't so nice.

Well, after reading the post. I'd have to say maybe shorty was reincarnated as ramp lady...

Really in the end as long they have fun, and don't hurt anyone whats it really matter. Really everyone should be able to raise hell at a football game. Just look @ what they charge for parking and season tickets :shock: :wink:

As a child, Shorty was the first person that I ever saw someone who was drunk. How sad that a small boy has that experience in Bryant-Denny.

Regarding Ramp Lady, two points. First, does she have a seat, and what happened at that seat that would cause her to spend so much time on the ramp? Second, I still do not understand why public intoxication is tolerated on one side of the gates of BD stadium, but that same thing on any given weekend not far outside the gates will result in an arrest and inclusion into the ESPN police blotter.

I me, right it right and wrong is wrong.

Optimus said:
Bryant34 said:

Well, after reading the post. I'd have to say maybe shorty was reincarnated as ramp lady...

Really in the end as long they have fun, and don't hurt anyone whats it really matter. Really everyone should be able to raise hell at a football game. Just look @ what they charge for parking and season tickets :shock: :wink:

Well I've got a couple of Shorty Price stories, but I'll just share this one as a reply to Optimus' response.

Let's go back in time to around 1974. Alabama homecoming game against Mississippi State. Guys and dates are all decked out in suits and homecoming dresses. My good friend beside me is having the time of his life and floating on cloud nine--for on his other side sits his hometown honey (visiting him from Mobile) and lawdy lawdy is she looking fine and lady-like in her homecoming dress.

We are on the bottom row next to a short brick column at the entrance of one of the aisles. It is late in the game and the whiskey has been flowing now for all four quarters when out of nowhere Shorty Price hops up on the column and begins to gyrate his lower trunk as if he is hunching on someone or something; all the while he is performing a ROLL TIDE cheer with his shaker.

Mind you, this is taking place right in front of us, more specifically, right in front of my friend's date's face. Now my friend's neck and face is starting to turn flush with anger as Shorty continues to gyrate his crotch in my friend's date's face. Just as my friend rises to push Shorty off the column, the old man grabs my friend's drink out of his hand and takes a long swig. Shorty then stops for a second, grins at us with his toothless grin, and downs the rest of my friend's drink. Stunned with disbelief, we just stand there looking at Shorty, who has not said a word and who begins to make an odd-looking face.

The next thing we know, Shorty has his hands on his knees and is bending over, still in front of my friend's date, when suddenly, the old man upchucks with a violent heave, spewing vomit all over my friend's date's legs and pretty little homecoming shoes.

And just like that before my friend could gather himself to whip Shorty's a**, the old codger jumps off the brick column and heads on around the stadium.

We immediately leave. This is the first and only time I've ever left an Alabama football game before it was over.

Yep, in the end as long they have fun, and don't hurt anyone, what's it really matter. Really everyone should be able to raise hell at a football game. :?

I remember reading an article from UA's paper from a UA student who described one of his encounters with Ramp Lady at a basketball game.

It made me sick. I'll see if I can find it...

BamaDelta said:
I still have never seen or heard Ramp Lady. I'll count it as a blessing. :)

Do count it as a blessing. I've had the misfortune and my hearing wasn't quite right for several days after. What a tragic experience. We should always seat her in the middle of the opposing fans. But then she wouldn't be called RampLady. What about tRampLady? :)

Outlaw said:
I remember reading an article from UA's paper from a UA student who described one of his encounters with Ramp Lady at a basketball game.

It made me sick. I'll see if I can find it...

I read that several years ago, may have been in the C&W or Tuscaloosa News, about her vicious heckling of a young disabled rival fan.

RTR,

Tim

I find this a bit amusing.

On one side, we have a group of fans complaining about people not standing throughout the entire game and screaming.

Now, we have someone who is doing that, but she isn't doing it right.

What a fickle group we are...

Coming soon to a book store near you:

How to be a Bama Fan While in Bryant Denny Stadium.

TerryP said:
I find this a bit amusing.

On one side, we have a group of fans complaining about people not standing throughout the entire game and screaming.

Now, we have someone who is doing that, but she isn't doing it right.

What a fickle group we are...

Coming soon to a book store near you:

How to be a Bama Fan While in Bryant Denny Stadium.

My view on the Ramp Lady isn't that she's doing it "wrong" by yelling at the wrong time, it's that she's the epitome of the belligerent, drunk, abusive fan. Sitting or standing, yelling or not, she's proven to be a black eye for Bama fans.

bear facts said:
Optimus said:
Bryant34 said:

Well I've got a couple of Shorty Price stories, but I'll just share this one as a reply to Optimus' response.

Let's go back in time to around 1974. Alabama homecoming game against Mississippi State. Guys and dates are all decked out in suits and homecoming dresses. My good friend beside me is having the time of his life and floating on cloud nine--for on his other side sits his hometown honey (visiting him from Mobile) and lawdy lawdy is she looking fine and lady-like in her homecoming dress.

We are on the bottom row next to a short brick column at the entrance of one of the aisles. It is late in the game and the whiskey has been flowing now for all four quarters when out of nowhere Shorty Price hops up on the column and begins to gyrate his lower trunk as if he is hunching on someone or something; all the while he is performing a ROLL TIDE cheer with his shaker.

Mind you, this is taking place right in front of us, more specifically, right in front of my friend's date's face. Now my friend neck and face is starting to turn flush with anger as Shorty continues to gyrate his crotch in my friend's dates face. Just as my friend rises to push Shorty off the column, the old man grabs my friend's drink out of his hand and takes a long swig. Shorty then stops for a second, grins at us with his toothless grin, and downs the rest of my friend's drink. Stunned with disbelief, we just stand there looking at Shorty, who has not said a word and who begins to make an odd-looking face.

The next thing we know, Shorty has his hands on his knees and is bending over, still in front of my friend's date, when suddenly, the old man upchucks with a violent heave, spewing vomit all over my friend's date's legs and pretty little homecoming shoes.

And just like that before my friend could gather himself to whip Shorty's a**, the old codger jumps off the brick column and heads on around the stadium.

We immediately leave. This is the first and only time I've ever left an Alabama football game before it was over.

Yep, in the end as long they have fun, and don't hurt anyone, what's it really matter. Really everyone should be able to raise hell at a football game. :?

Well Bear,

It was a theory, but you killed it! :lol: :lol: I love the lawdy lawdy part. Here maybe this will make you laugh! http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Y4keqTV6w

Back
Top Bottom