| LIFE CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

This entire pandemic has been HELL for those of us on the front lines trying our best to help people in need. Everyone has become exponentially more rude, verbally and physically aggressive towards those of us in the ED. Its a daily occurrence and it's driving good people out of the profession. There is no sense of safety or security. I stand 6'4 245 lbs, thus only a few ever try to approach me physically, but I answer to call of my staff routinely from those that try to verbally and physically harm them. And the hospital administrative team is strictly focused on profits and are completely disconnected from reality of daily medicine. We don't have the staff, supplies or additional resources needed to do our job safely anymore. We can't send trauma patients to the trauma center because the lack of staffing has them on diversion a far amount of the time. I treat the vast majority of my patients in the triage area near the waiting room. All of this is a product of the pandemic. Honestly, I'm tired of the struggle. I'm currently in the process of starting up my own business just to get away from it all. If this is the way of medicine, then I'm out. No big loss right? There's another doctor waiting to fill my spot.
Just as big a nightmare today as it was in 2020, if not worse. Laymen like me think about it as something that happened a few years ago because we can go into the store and find toilet paper now and are no longer required to stay home, mask up, stand 6 feet apart, etc. Meanwhile, the frontlines remain a living hell. Best of luck with your business venture (y)

Again with the insult, I’ve tried to be respectful to you (one of the reasons is I have to be or get kicked from the site since you’re one of the owners, but besides that we can debate without insult), but this repeated insulting my intelligence is about tiring.
As I'm stuck in traffic reading this.... You've got a really thin skin if that's what you believe my intent was

Just as big a nightmare today as it was in 2020, if not worse. Laymen like me think about it as something that happened a few years ago because we can go into the store and find toilet paper now and are no longer required to stay home, mask up, stand 6 feet apart, etc. Meanwhile, the frontlines remain a living hell. Best of luck with your business venture (y)
Thanks! I really appreciate you guys! I hope one we all can sit down one day and have beer! I'm definitely planning on coming to A-Day this year.

salute.gif
Thanks! I really appreciate you guys! I hope one we all can sit down one day and have beer! I'm definitely planning on coming to A-Day this year.

Stupidest tweet I have seen in forever. But whatever makes him feel better.
A lady I go out with occasionally runs one of the satellite locations for MUSC. I guess you could call it an emergency medicine location ("doc in a box") though their care extends through MRI's, etc. It's one of the locations MUSC sends their physicians in residence although it's staffed by full time RN's and the like.

She said the other day it's one of the biggest concerns she hears from patients—both those who have had the shot and those who haven't. She also estimated about 75-80% of the patients they're seeing are in the "is it Covid or is it the flu" category.

Babbit wasn’t the only case of violence, you, I, and everybody including Ray Charles knows that and saw that.
Saw what, now? 10,000 plus hours of video that's not been released, some still images that have been through the auspices of the Jan. 6th committee, and we've seen what exactly? (Other than a kangaroo court in a banana republic?)
Again with the insult, I’ve tried to be respectful to you (one of the reasons is I have to be or get kicked from the site since you’re one of the owners, but besides that we can debate without insult), but this repeated insulting my intelligence is about tiring. I know what intimidation damn well means, in this context you believe something is intimidation when it isn’t, if you believe Jan 6 was a protest then this was nothing. You can not intimidate to compel a decision to be made a certain way when said decision was already made. You honestly think they were there to attempt to change the vote of a right wing, religious justice? Surely you don’t believe that.
I ask a series of questions and you find that to be an insult? I'm insulting your intelligence. 🤔

Dude, if that was the case I'd have had a field day with your braggadocious attitude about academia. Hell, 14 years is an associates from a trade school—likely incomplete at that. 🙃

I'm only commenting and asking questions on things written. Questioning an opinion is an insult?

I wouldn't be discussing things with you if I doubted your intelligence. I do have doubts about your critical thinking—or apparently lack thereof in some areas.

You continue to ignore questions like "what was their purpose being outside the home of a member of SCOTUS?" Well, ignoring isn't exactly correct. You've responded with "standing on a public sidewalk (keyword being public) protesting isn’t against the law." That's a farcical response. In his grass, on the sidewalk, in the middle of the street, or across the street doesn't matter. That is not how the law is written and there are no addendums.

What was their intent?
People that have neither the experience or education to be experts in a field will never be experts nor more knowledgeable than those with said experience and education. Even more than that these people questioning experts are some of the same people that protested our research facility over Covid and the vaccine…..we’re a cancer research facility, so you’ll have to excuse me if I don’t take those people serious when they question experts

No need to be asked for an excuse; you're coming from a biased point of view based on your experience. That's by no means a bad thing, relying on personal experience, but it's also dangerous—you're bringing the blanket back into play.

Damn I hate typing that much on my phone.

Saw what, now? 10,000 plus hours of video that's not been released, some still images that have been through the auspices of the Jan. 6th committee, and we've seen what exactly? (Other than a kangaroo court in a banana republic?)

I ask a series of questions and you find that to be an insult? I'm insulting your intelligence. 🤔

Dude, if that was the case I'd have had a field day with your braggadocious attitude about academia. Hell, 14 years is an associates from a trade school—likely incomplete at that. 🙃

I'm only commenting and asking questions on things written. Questioning an opinion is an insult?

I wouldn't be discussing things with you if I doubted your intelligence. I do have doubts about your critical thinking—or apparently lack thereof in some areas.

You continue to ignore questions like "what was their purpose being outside the home of a member of SCOTUS?" Well, ignoring isn't exactly correct. You've responded with "standing on a public sidewalk (keyword being public) protesting isn’t against the law." That's a farcical response. In his grass, on the sidewalk, in the middle of the street, or across the street doesn't matter. That is not how the law is written and there are no addendums.

What was their intent?

No need to be asked for an excuse; you're coming from a biased point of view based on your experience. That's by no means a bad thing, relying on personal experience, but it's also dangerous—you're bringing the blanket back into play.

Damn I hate typing that much on my phone.
Everybody watched in real time cops being attacked with flag poles (thin blue line cop ones at that too), fire extinguishers, pepper spray, bear spray, fists, etc….is that not violent? Or is it only violence in regards to the idiots that broke into the Capita?

Saying you doubt I know the meaning of an elementary word is not an insult? I wasn’t bragging, I was stating that very simply to tell you I know what a damn simple, elementary word means. You can “have a field day” all that you want about my education, I assure you your’s or anybody else’s opinion on my education means absolutely nothing to me, but to be clear I wasn’t bragging as you say.

You can question my critical thinking skills or “lack thereof”, but I didn’t come to my conclusions or beliefs by opening up a fortune cookie and saying “yes, that’s my belief”. In regards to Covid and the vax I researched and researched and researched to come to my conclusions, I didn’t come to it by listening to politicians, tv opinion folks, infowars, or any media for that matter, I looked at both sides and read and listened to people from both sides, it just so happens that I fell on the side that had qualified proof, the other side had opinions and non peer-reviewed opinion papers. So, you can question anything about me, but you cannot question whether I analyzed, researched, and viewed all sides of this before I came to my belief, conclusion, judgement, etc on this matter.

I’ve stated several times that if they were on his private sidewalk, his private yard, or any other part of his private property that was unlawful and they should’ve been arrested and charged. However, protesting on public property is not and hasn’t been since the Constitution was written, obstructing traffic is (if they were on the street). It is not illegal to protest or at least that’s what I learned in the police academy.

You cannot ”intimidate” nor influence anybody to make a decision that has already been rendered, you can however protest said decision, you know like Trump supporters were doing in DC prior to the riot/insurrection. But, let me see if I understand you correctly, the people protesting the reversal of RvW were doing so illegal, but the people that were protesting the election were not doing anything illegal?

I’m not biased at all. I cannot take those people serious in their questioning experts that were protesting our facility, the astrophysics facility, and the engineering facility over the vax, that’s the equivalent of protesting a bar because McDonalds gave you a bad burger. I’m not blanketing all of you just some and I said that, but if you (not you specifically) not understand the different types of sciences I’ll be damned if I’m going to listen to you question experts on anything

Anyone thinking of venturing over to TF needs to be aware of the dress code. Dress shirt, tucked in, with a necktie. Those are the minimum requirements to post

Again with the insult, I’ve tried to be respectful to you (one of the reasons is I have to be or get kicked from the site since you’re one of the owners, but besides that we can debate without insult), but this repeated insulting my intelligence is about tiring.
I've thought about how to respond to this for a few days. I'm changing the subject, a bit. It's still posting about something you don't know anything about—and it's not true.

When my comments here are on the administrative side, I note such. This bit you're on about "insults" and "being kicked off" comes across as playing the role of some victim versus remaining in the framework of the actual conversation. Appearances aren't always true though that's my perception. These conversations have nothing to do with my position here.

First of all a little research and you'd know this site is owned by Doemasters, LLC.

Secondly, if you took the time to learn anything about me—versus jumping to unfounded conclusions—you'd know I was one of the original four who started TF. I'm here now because of their—not everyone in administrative roles—knee jerk reactions; the proclivity to ban someone just because their opinion differed from yours. You won't, because you can't, find an example of that here in the 18 years I've been here.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you this site wouldn't run without me. @doemasters knows "his shit." He would figure out the modifications I've made to the core of this software as well as the add-ons. I will state that I spend a couple of hours a day working on different modifications and such which in turn gives me an administrative position here.

If you're curious ... over 33,000 accounts have been banned since the move to Xf software in 2010. 97%, plus, have been "kicked off" before they were able to post. (I have a half of a dozen filters I've installed that run "background" on IP's, email addresses, usernames, etc. It now goes to the length of someone banned at the aforementioned site gives me a notification here.) The number of accounts that have been banned from this site due to posting their opinions in the last five years, probably longer? One.

-- They were one of the most racist posters I've seen and it was @It Takes Eleven who dealt with them the majority of the time. And, quite frankly, they didn't break any site rules. This non-sports forum had an "entry warning," it was not moderated. BUT, too much was too much. --​
Now, I'm not going to lie. We've had people here who I felt were disrespectful to staff and other members—I'm included here. I didn't ban them, BUT...

Through a few key strokes I have made it where it takes :30 seconds or more for a page to load. I've locked these people out of threads. I've made it where they can only post a message per day. In a few cases making it where every time they try to visit, I redirect them to another site altogether. They haven't been banned, but they do get the picture; "time to chill out, or leave."

Stating your opinions, in spite of my role here, isn't going to warrant, nor cause, you to be "kicked off the site."

Last but not least...to "clue you in," so to speak. A lot of, the majority really, of my posts here are cases where I'm being serious about a topic. However, I'm not immune to posting something I know is going to elicit a reaction. Yes, it's a little sadistic but you get none of me, or all of me. 😈 That said, I look at that under these lenses; if I'm going to spend a couple of hours working here I'm also going to spend a few minutes having a little fun—I have that leeway. 🤷‍♂️

...and now back to regular programming.

I've thought about how to respond to this for a few days. I'm changing the subject, a bit. It's still posting about something you don't know anything about—and it's not true.

When my comments here are on the administrative side, I note such. This bit you're on about "insults" and "being kicked off" comes across as playing the role of some victim versus remaining in the framework of the actual conversation. Appearances aren't always true though that's my perception. These conversations have nothing to do with my position here.

First of all a little research and you'd know this site is owned by Doemasters, LLC.

Secondly, if you took the time to learn anything about me—versus jumping to unfounded conclusions—you'd know I was one of the original four who started TF. I'm here now because of their—not everyone in administrative roles—knee jerk reactions; the proclivity to ban someone just because their opinion differed from yours. You won't, because you can't, find an example of that here in the 18 years I've been here.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you this site wouldn't run without me. @doemasters knows "his shit." He would figure out the modifications I've made to the core of this software as well as the add-ons. I will state that I spend a couple of hours a day working on different modifications and such which in turn gives me an administrative position here.

If you're curious ... over 33,000 accounts have been banned since the move to Xf software in 2010. 97%, plus, have been "kicked off" before they were able to post. (I have a half of a dozen filters I've installed that run "background" on IP's, email addresses, usernames, etc. It now goes to the length of someone banned at the aforementioned site gives me a notification here.) The number of accounts that have been banned from this site due to posting their opinions in the last five years, probably longer? One.

-- They were one of the most racist posters I've seen and it was @It Takes Eleven who dealt with them the majority of the time. And, quite frankly, they didn't break any site rules. This non-sports forum had an "entry warning," it was not moderated. BUT, too much was too much. --​
Now, I'm not going to lie. We've had people here who I felt were disrespectful to staff and other members—I'm included here. I didn't ban them, BUT...

Through a few key strokes I have made it where it takes :30 seconds or more for a page to load. I've locked these people out of threads. I've made it where they can only post a message per day. In a few cases making it where every time they try to visit, I redirect them to another site altogether. They haven't been banned, but they do get the picture; "time to chill out, or leave."

Stating your opinions, in spite of my role here, isn't going to warrant, nor cause, you to be "kicked off the site."

Last but not least...to "clue you in," so to speak. A lot of, the majority really, of my posts here are cases where I'm being serious about a topic. However, I'm not immune to posting something I know is going to elicit a reaction. Yes, it's a little sadistic but you get none of me, or all of me. 😈 That said, I look at that under these lenses; if I'm going to spend a couple of hours working here I'm also going to spend a few minutes having a little fun—I have that leeway. 🤷‍♂️

...and now back to regular programming.
I wasn’t meaning any disrespect. I knew you had a prominent role here, in my 14 or so years here I had surmised who I assumed were part of the leadership and just assumed (my bad) that all y’all were owners per se. But, one thing I did know was that you were the tech dude, the architect, programmer, etc and going back to our previous discussion real quick (experts), I wouldn’t begin to think I know more than you on that because that’s out of my field and I’m not smart in that subject (see how that works? haha).

I appreciate the response and the correction to my assumptions

Now to our regularly scheduled program, I took it as insulting my intelligence, you can take it as “playing the victim”, you may not have, but irregardless it’s done.

Attachments

• A Lab Leak in China Most Likely Origin of Covid Pandemic, Energy Department Says - WSJ.pdf
    490 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom