| LIFE CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

Non-peer reviewed and taking a correlation equals causation viewpoint. I definitely would be thinking of confirmation bias with this one.

I hope the Supreme Court overturns the mandate.

Previous employer on the verge of firing unvaccinated employees, talk about overstepping.

Thankfully they have for small businesses.

In regards to the Flu vs Covid-19... let's keep in mind the mortality rate of the Flu is .1%... so far the mortality rate of Covid-19 is 2-3%. Now I would expect that rate to drop once the infection rate is figured out with the people with mild symptoms, but even at a 1% mortality rate if Covid-19 infects as many people as the flu you're looking at 800,000 people dead... so... it's kinda a big deal.

I do agree the media is blowing this up... but we should all take some precautions too... or as Scrooge would "less we decrease the surplus population."

Forty-five percent (45%) of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a Covid-19 vaccine. A large majority (71%) of all voters strongly oppose such a proposal, with 78% of Republicans and 64% of unaffiliated voters saying they would "strongly oppose" putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities.”

It's been a little while since I've shared this, as of this morning new cases - nationally - continue to plummet. Hospitalizations are following suit, with the seven-day average of hospitalizations now down below the original surge and daily numbers indicating continued improvement. The daily death count is beginning to flatten. Alabama had a flare up of new cases this week that has subsided, MS is improving and a localized surge is working north through TN and into KY and WV. Beyond that, I'm hopeful things continue in the right direction.

I haven't flown in the last month, just traveling by auto between AL and GA, but the only two places I've been asked to wear a mask was my local REI in Kennesaw (following the lead of their Seattle-based HQ) and at the oral surgeon I took my Mom to last week off Valleydale Road. The noncompliant at both places were not being hounded to mask up. The return to normalcy is well on its way. As fewer workers call in sick, hopefully it will help all businesses get back on a full footing. Supposedly, the supply chain in general is catching up, but I haven't noticed it at the grocery store or paint aisles.

RTR,

Tim

The death rates of this have gone way up in the larger metropolitan areas per the John Hopkins site. They don't identify by variant, but I was under the impression that omicron was less deadly.

Today Explained by Vox had an interesting podcast the other day The case against masks

Vitamin D is making the news again, now they've correlated a vitamin D deficiency to severity of covid symptoms.

Imagine if this was discovered back in 2020...
The problem is that they have not been able to link increasing vitamin D after infection with increased survivability, not have they linked vitamin D levels with increased immunity . Matter of fact, another study has shown that giving high doses of vitamin D after infection does not decrease hospital stay length. So it has a protective effect against death in many cases, but you must already have good levels of vitamin D before you are infected.

The problem is that they have not been able to link increasing vitamin D after infection with increased survivability, not have they linked vitamin D levels with increased immunity . Matter of fact, another study has shown that giving high doses of vitamin D after infection does not decrease hospital stay length. So it has a protective effect against death in many cases, but you must already have good levels of vitamin D before you are infected.
There is no money to be made on OTC drugs.

I told my mom 1.5 years ago to increase her vitamin d intake.

There is no money to be made on OTC drugs.

I told my mom 1.5 years ago to increase her vitamin d intake.
Vitamin D is dangerous if too much is taken. Those 50,000 IU doses are way too much if taken daily, they are usually used as weekly doses or when someone is really low, most people need about 5,000 daily at most. That being said, most people could stand to take at least 1,000 daily.

Vitamin D is dangerous if too much is taken. Those 50,000 IU doses are way too much if taken daily, they are usually used as weekly doses or when someone is really low, most people need about 5,000 daily at most. That being said, most people could stand to take at least 1,000 daily.

This is what my FIL is dealing with right now... they are anti-vax and all that jazz but damn if he didn't load up on entirely too much vitamin D over a pretty long period of time without realizing just how much he was taking in (until recently). It has taken a toll on him... he looks like a POW compared to what he looked like a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom