| FTBL šŸˆ Crimson Downs White, 30-21, in 2023 Golden Flake A-Day Game

I didn't watch the game on Saturday. I know this is a very vanilla game plan, but schematically on offense, did we look like we'll be able to transition well to a power run scheme? I'd like for us to sort of mirror how Ohio State was able to stay in front of the chains under Urban Meyer. They ran a very good power run scheme and were able to successfully stretch the defense downfield. Sort of how I'd like Rees to approach his gameplans with better athletes.

I didn't watch the game on Saturday. I know this is a very vanilla game plan, but schematically on offense, did we look like we'll be able to transition well to a power run scheme? I'd like for us to sort of mirror how Ohio State was able to stay in front of the chains under Urban Meyer. They ran a very good power run scheme and were able to successfully stretch the defense downfield. Sort of how I'd like Rees to approach his gameplans with better athletes.
It was more of 7 on 7 type stuff with a few run's thrown in.

Featured QBs and ability to scan field. Come off first receiver. And move the ball
TY was best at that.

Drop passes was the main item to get outta of Aday

That was the least enjoyable Spring Game Iā€™ve seen since 2010. I sure hope that doesnā€™t translate into a 2010 type season for Bama. Look, I know theyā€™re young and had a lot of players out with injuries but man they didnā€™t look sharp very often. I came wanting to see which QB, Milroe or Simpson, would play better and if the O-line had improved. Well, it turned out the best looking QB that afternoon was the freshman Lonergan. Holstein on the other hand played like a true freshman. He certainly looks the part of a prototypical big time QB or at least what prototypical QBā€™s used to look like ā€¦ but he didnā€™t play well.

As for the O-line, Saban had split up who I thought were going to be the starting five so it was impossible to see any of the cohesiveness I was hoping to see. Granted you canā€™t tell much from the Spring games but you can get a feel for some intangibles. Like seeing if any alphaā€™s on the defense had emerged. Thatā€™s something thatā€™s been missing for several seasons. Too many of the potential alphas were out so itā€™s impossible to say none exist on this team. Though, I can say none of the ones who played Saturday fit that bill. To me, if this team competes for the NC this season, Saban should several COYā€™s this season. If they win the NC then Saban should take home every COY award out there.

The pundits and haters think Bama should always have a NC caliber team because they recruit so well year after year ā€¦ but it takes a hell of lot more than great recruiting classes to win NCā€™s. Thatā€™s especially true in the era of the transfer portal. Many of the great recruits from the past few classes have already transferred out. Remove them from the recruiter site calculations and suddenly theyā€™re no longer top 3 classes. Nonetheless, I put my trust in the GOAT. Saban seems to love rising to a steep challenge and this season will be a challenge for sure.

The pups will have the bullseye on their back this season which will take some of the load off of Bama. Fortunately for the pups though, theyā€™ve got a super easy schedule. Now, I live in Georgia so of course, I wear my Bama gear every chance I get. Up until last season, my fellow Georgians rarely if ever commented on my attire. This year though, theyā€™re all ten foot tall and bulletproof. In Loweā€™s yesterday, one of the pup fans said ā€œSo youā€™re a Bama fan? I laughed and said what gave it away Columbo? My bright crimson and white t-shirt with 2020 NC on it? He responded by saying ā€œIā€™ve just got two words for you: three-peat. And thatā€™s something your precious Bama has never accomplishedā€. I didnā€™t correct him on his word count faux pas. I just laughed and told him to look me up when his pups had won 13 NCā€™s in 60 years. To my delight, my final comment brought about a chorus of boos from peanut gallery. I say all of that to say, Iā€™m hoping the pups lose a handful of games. Which means, Iā€™ll probably be pulling for the vileā€™s and cow patty u folks to upset them. 99.999 % of the time I do not pull for either of them unless their winning demonstrably helps Bama. So, I guess this looks to be a .001% type of season! RTR!

That was the least enjoyable Spring Game Iā€™ve seen since 2010. I sure hope that doesnā€™t translate into a 2010 type season for Bama. Look, I know theyā€™re young and had a lot of players out with injuries but man they didnā€™t look sharp very often. I came wanting to see which QB, Milroe or Simpson, would play better and if the O-line had improved. Well, it turned out the best looking QB that afternoon was the freshman Lonergan. Holstein on the other hand played like a true freshman. He certainly looks the part of a prototypical big time QB or at least what prototypical QBā€™s used to look like ā€¦ but he didnā€™t play well.

As for the O-line, Saban had split up who I thought were going to be the starting five so it was impossible to see any of the cohesiveness I was hoping to see. Granted you canā€™t tell much from the Spring games but you can get a feel for some intangibles. Like seeing if any alphaā€™s on the defense had emerged. Thatā€™s something thatā€™s been missing for several seasons. Too many of the potential alphas were out so itā€™s impossible to say none exist on this team. Though, I can say none of the ones who played Saturday fit that bill. To me, if this team competes for the NC this season, Saban should several COYā€™s this season. If they win the NC then Saban should take home every COY award out there.

The pundits and haters think Bama should always have a NC caliber team because they recruit so well year after year ā€¦ but it takes a hell of lot more than great recruiting classes to win NCā€™s. Thatā€™s especially true in the era of the transfer portal. Many of the great recruits from the past few classes have already transferred out. Remove them from the recruiter site calculations and suddenly theyā€™re no longer top 3 classes. Nonetheless, I put my trust in the GOAT. Saban seems to love rising to a steep challenge and this season will be a challenge for sure.

The pups will have the bullseye on their back this season which will take some of the load off of Bama. Fortunately for the pups though, theyā€™ve got a super easy schedule. Now, I live in Georgia so of course, I wear my Bama gear every chance I get. Up until last season, my fellow Georgians rarely if ever commented on my attire. This year though, theyā€™re all ten foot tall and bulletproof. In Loweā€™s yesterday, one of the pup fans said ā€œSo youā€™re a Bama fan? I laughed and said what gave it away Columbo? My bright crimson and white t-shirt with 2020 NC on it? He responded by saying ā€œIā€™ve just got two words for you: three-peat. And thatā€™s something your precious Bama has never accomplishedā€. I didnā€™t correct him on his word count faux pas. I just laughed and told him to look me up when his pups had won 13 NCā€™s in 60 years. To my delight, my final comment brought about a chorus of boos from peanut gallery. I say all of that to say, Iā€™m hoping the pups lose a handful of games. Which means, Iā€™ll probably be pulling for the vileā€™s and cow patty u folks to upset them. 99.999 % of the time I do not pull for either of them unless their winning demonstrably helps Bama. So, I guess this looks to be a .001% type of season! RTR!

Well. UGA certainty looks like the wear crimson n white....cant hold what they have done back......and we know...it took massive injuries on bama for them in 21....but they have had some kinda teams and produced some players....
I sit and think how crappy our OC n DC were...with generational talent...

Living in Tennessee...the ongoing ncaa investigation has taken a lot of steam from the noisey vol fans... they are sitting and waiting....before the crowing begins..

Win 3 peat...they might....but it takes a lot.....and cant have a "missed fg returned for td" moment...late....

So...we shall see...

Well. UGA certainty looks like the wear crimson n white....cant hold what they have done back......and we know...it took massive injuries on bama for them in 21....but they have had some kinda teams and produced some players....
I sit and think how crappy our OC n DC were...with generational talent...

Living in Tennessee...the ongoing ncaa investigation has taken a lot of steam from the noisey vol fans... they are sitting and waiting....before the crowing begins..

Win 3 peat...they might....but it takes a lot.....and cant have a "missed fg returned for td" moment...late....

So...we shall see...
UGA has a superior S&C program so farā€¦Hopefully Saban recalibrated our strength and conditioning program, especially on both lines

@doemasters why does @Hardkore have more cheerleader pics than you?

Did you see the link I posted? I might have a few hundred but did not figure most wanted to see all of those

RTB_5620-X3.jpg

RTB_5703-X3.jpg

RTB_5721-X3.jpg

RTB_5746-X3.jpg

RTB_5803-X3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom