| MBB/WBB Bucket List

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
There are two items on my Bucket List that I wish to see out of Bama sports and one can get checked off today. That being a Men's Basketball Final Four. Have no expectations of Bama being in the NCG, and them winning the NC is beyond my wildest dreams. I'll leave that to the other item on the list, Men's Baseball winning the CWS.

Last edited:
In my time....

I would like to see Bama bball play in a new field house...on campus....
Saw first year game at coleman....

I would like to see ND play in BD....whether regular or post season cfp game..saw one in birmingham...

I always wanted to go to every away conference venue In football.... that would be a blast... needed USCe...Ark...AnM...Florida... and now ok n tx...probably wont happen...
But....

In my time....

I would like to see ND play in BD....whether regular or post season cfp game..saw one in birmingham...

I always wanted to go to every away conference venue In football.... that would be a blast... needed USCe...Ark...AnM...Florida... and now ok n tx...probably wont happen...
But....
Gave up on the in person stuff long ago. Spoiled by the electric recliners and the 85" TV. FWIW, the list and those two items are 17 years old. Made the list up in 2007 when the movie came out. Running out of time. But, as you say...
But....

The Barners being kicked out of the SEC and never again riding Bama's coat tail :).

I guess with regards to Bama sports, going to a NC game. Football would be what I would expect. Tried to get Dad to go before he passed to the Bama/ND NC game but couldnt get him to go. Wish we had.

For Basketball, certainly going to final 4 and even NC game but I just want to see them sustain success where they are making a run year in and year out.

All other sports be competitive, not mediocre.

In my time....

But....
There will never be a field house at Alabama. The weather is too “pleasant”

ND at BDS comes in 2030

While summers can be beastly with heat and humidity, the playing season doesn’t suffer through that heat, or extensive rain, or hurricanes. Why would they build a fieldhouse when the playing season is moderate in temperature and rainfall?
I don't get the weather correlation. It's something I've not seen used to differentiate between buildings; especially with weather.

• LSU has a field house: it's one of the oldest buildings on campus (administrative now, I believe.)
  • CSU has a field house: both of them—Charleston Southern and Colorado State.
  • I have watched several basketball games in the McAllister Field House: downtown Charleston, SC.
  • Jake, from State Farm, can be found in the State Farm Field House in Kissimmee, FL. Not really ... but ESPN has their Fieldhouse there for sporting events.
  • I lived in Carmel, IN when I was a teen and attended/participated in basketball events in the Hinkle Fieldhouse (Butler.)
@50+yeartidefan If you look at the structures themselves, you'll find a lot of them that look just like Coleman: called a Coliseum (just different exteriors across the nation: all that that "hanger" look inside.) A lot of them look like the Hank Crisp Indoor Practice Facility.

I don't get the weather correlation. It's something I've not seen used to differentiate between buildings; especially with weather.

• LSU has a field house: it's one of the oldest buildings on campus (administrative now, I believe.)
  • CSU has a field house: both of them—Charleston Southern and Colorado State.
  • I have watched several basketball games in the McAllister Field House: downtown Charleston, SC.
  • Jake, from State Farm, can be found in the State Farm Field House in Kissimmee, FL. Not really ... but ESPN has their Fieldhouse there for sporting events.
  • I lived in Carmel, IN when I was a teen and attended/participated in basketball events in the Hinkle Fieldhouse (Butler.)
@50+yeartidefan If you look at the structures themselves, you'll find a lot of them that look just like Coleman: called a Coliseum (just different exteriors across the nation: all that that "hanger" look inside.) A lot of them look like the Hank Crisp Indoor Practice Facility.
@OldPlayer

The definition of coliseum or field house dont really differ ...much...if one was so inclined to look it up...( as i did)...
So missing point or how it relates to "balmy" Ttown..

@OldPlayer

The definition of coliseum or field house dont really differ ...much...if one was so inclined to look it up...( as i did)...
So missing point or how it relates to "balmy" Ttown..
Alabama needs a new basketball arena, and not a field house (used for multiple sports including track & field, swimming, squash, tennis - I looked it up too). Maybe we’re stuck on semantics, but I’m all in favor of a new structure primarily for basketball that can also be used for concerts.

Back
Top Bottom